Vista suite on Zaandam

DeckLife

Can someone explain how these cabins differ from balcony cabins elsewhere? The pictures I've seen show a cabin that is very much like what we had as a balcony on Noordam. I note there are fresh flowers and a whirlpool bath. What else is different?

We just upgraded from an ocean view!

@ DeckLife

Just returned from Vista Suite 6176 on the Zaandam. Yes: in floorplan it is "like" the balcony on the Norwegian Star we had a year ago. Differences were -- there really wasn't as much room on the N.Star. It was fine for two people, but if we had had a third person on that ship -- when the sofa bed was made up, the cabin would have been all bed! on the NS there was only one nightstand -- between the beds when set up as twins or on the bathroom side of the queen/king. My DH used the sofa as his nightstand!

On the Zaandam we each had a nightstand and the sofabed had the end-table that contained the included refrigerator. There is even a little (1-foot?) divider with translucent glass-plastic at each side of the divider, at the end of the curtain separating the two-bed section from the sofa section.

On the Zaandam, the sofa is long enough that it is made up LENGTH-WISE! leaving room to walk through the room to the balcony even when made up as a (single) bed. Our stewards converted it each morning to a sofa, for communal use, as well.

There were three "banks" of drawers in the "desk" of the Zaandam, perfect for three people, and FOUR closet doors, one apiece + one for raincoats.

Thank you so much! Funny you mention Norwegian. I had the sofa as my nightstand on our recent Sun cruise.

If there's a full curtain between the bed and the sitting area on the Zaandam, that will be great!

As for the closets, extra space there will also be most welcome.

@DeckLife

I'm not sure the curtain pulls all the way across the room, but at least halfway or better. Enough to give privacy for dressing near the bed, from a person sitting on the sofa -- or vice versa. We never pulled it all the way/to the limit as that little nod to "decency" was all we required, and never longer than necessary as the light and view from the floor-to-ceiling window that is the balcony door, was the whole point of it!