No CruiseCritic Connections parties...

Bruin Steve

No big deal here...I just found this a little interesting...

I have TWO future Celebrity cruises booked right now...and find I cannot sign up for a "Connections" party on either...

The second one out is the Constellation--but not until July 1, 2016. I went to the sign-up web page thinking I'd be the first to sign up...but I got a message back saying you can't sign up until one year prior...Okay, I can deal with that--I just have to remember to sign up later...

Then I thought, "Hmmmm...my next cruise is on the Xpedition to the Galapagos and that one is only less than seven months out"...

Of course, when I looked to see if I could sign up for that one, the web page doesn't even list the Xpedition.

Obviously, since the Xpedition only holds 96 passengers for any sailing, the chances of 25 or more of them being Cruise Critic members is pretty remote. I started the Roll Call for this cruise back in July of 2013 and, to date, I am the only contributor on the thread...

But I thought... what if there actually were 25 Cruise Critic members on a particular Xpedition sailing? Shouldn't the same rules apply?

Of course, there are other problems as well...For example, the ship only has the lounge, the grill, the dining room and a small bar...If you had a Connections party, where would you hold it and where would the rest of the passengers go?

Yeah, I guss it wouldn't work anyway...but this is the kind of thing you think about when your next cruises are 7 months away and 19 months away...

Yep, there are never connection parties on Expedition. They do not have the usual events as the ship is so small and have so few guests. By the 2nd day of the cruise you will know everyone aboard. No need for a separate party. The cruise, however is FANTASTIC. The best we have ever taken

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Don't feel bad...

Many of us who have cruises much sooner and on standard Celebrity Ships cannot sign up for our Celebrity Connection Parties either... :confused:

That part of the Celebrity Website has not been functioning properly for MONTHS now :mad:

This is beginning to really tick off a lot of CC Members who consider themselves "Celebrity Fans" (like to cruise Celebrity... Like to meet on the ships others they have chatted with on CC, at events that Celebrity has said they are "keen" to host ) :(

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I had been having problems for months signing up for our Sept 2015 Alaska as well but this week was able to do it. Advised our roll call and several others have signed up with none of the issues that have been plaguing the system up to now.

Good luck everyone...hope it works well from now on!

Cathy

Don't feel bad...

Many of us who have cruises much sooner and on standard Celebrity Ships cannot sign up for our Celebrity Connection Parties either... :confused:

That part of the Celebrity Website has not been functioning properly for MONTHS now :mad:

This is beginning to really tick off a lot of CC Members who consider themselves "Celebrity Fans" (like to cruise Celebrity... Like to meet on the ships others they have chatted with on CC, at events that Celebrity has said they are "keen" to host ) :(

Cheers!

People are continuing to sign up for the gathering on our Feb cruise with no problems. I have not heard of "a lot" of CC members who are ticked off. A few, perhaps, but only a relative handful considering how many cruises are scheduled for the next year or so.

People are continuing to sign up for the gathering on our Feb cruise with no problems. I have not heard of "a lot" of CC members who are ticked off. A few, perhaps, but only a relative handful considering how many cruises are scheduled for the next year or so.

Consider us a few MORE of the ticked off CC members :(

It's not even so much that we can't sign up. It's that this has been an issue for a VERY long time, and we keep hearing "next week". Next week never comes. Celebrity has come back with every excuse - whether it was on the phone a couple of months ago, or on here as recently as this week.

There shouldn't even be a FEW who can't sign up. It's not just a few people, it's not just a handful, it's a lot more than that because it's more than a few SAILINGS!

(Yes, I am frustrated. Can you tell?)

Regardless, when Celebrity does have/ allow a cruise critic get together, it is always strategically arranged to be at the most inconvenient time possible....

Reminds me of the old joke about two guys talking about their resort "Boy, the food was terrible," and the other said, "Yeah, and such small portions."

Ticked off passengers! - can't sign up for a free party and don't like the time it is scheduled, either.

Poor Celebrity. No good deed goes unpunished. Some (maybe most?) lines leave it up to a member of the roll call to do all the leg work of collecting names and room numbers, filling out a party request form, sending in the info and final names, etc.

Maybe those of you who have been trying for months to log on could organize a list and call the Captain's Club for advice on getting it to the right person.

Reminds me of the old joke about two guys talking about their resort "Boy, the food was terrible," and the other said, "Yeah, and such small portions."

Ticked off passengers! - can't sign up for a free party and don't like the time it is scheduled, either.

Poor Celebrity. No good deed goes unpunished. Some (maybe most?) lines leave it up to a member of the roll call to do all the leg work of collecting names and room numbers, filling out a party request form, sending in the info and final names, etc.

Maybe those of you who have been trying for months to log on could organize a list and call the Captain's Club for advice on getting it to the right person.

One person on here complained about the time for the Connections party.

I have been trying for quite some time to register, as have all the others on our roll call.

I have only complained about Celebrity's serious website issues and their continued responses of "next week", which never comes.

I would be MORE than happy to collect names and room numbers, fill out a party request form, and send it in. I am already collecting all of that information for whatever other gatherings our roll call chooses to arrange.

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't work like that. We have to register via THEIR website, which is STILL NOT WORKING FOR MANY SAILINGS.

Maybe RCCL & Celebrity should do what Carnival & Princess have done, stop sponsering them. Then there would be no problem's.

Oh boy, then the real complaining will start. Celebrity OWES us those free parties. If they stop putting them on, I'm taking my business elsewhere. No one messes with my free stuff. ;)

Edited by fortinweb

Don't feel bad...

Cheers!

Consider us a few MORE of the ticked off CC members :(

It's not even so much that we can't sign up. It's that this has been an issue for a VERY long time, and we keep hearing "next week". Next week never comes. Celebrity has come back with every excuse - whether it was on the phone a couple of months ago, or on here as recently as this week.

There shouldn't even be a FEW who can't sign up. It's not just a few people, it's not just a handful, it's a lot more than that because it's more than a few SAILINGS!

(Yes, I am frustrated. Can you tell?)

[SIZE="3"]man·y[/size]

ˈmenē/Submit

noun

plural noun: many

adjective, more, most.

constituting or forming a large number; numerous:

many people.

noting each one of a large number (usually followed by a or an):

For many a day it rained.

noun

a large or considerable number of persons or things:

A good many of the beggars were blind.

the many, the greater part of humankind.

(source: Dictionary.com)

Hyperbole has no place in describing a problem. I doubt it is "many". More like "some". Considering how people love to complain on this forum, if the numbers were indeed "many" we'd see a new thread on this topic every week - much like self service laundry, dress codes, smoking, noise levels, etc.

I can only remember a dozen or so such posts over the last year, and mostly from the same few people. I would hardly call that "many".

I do find it very amusing how some people get so completely worked up over a free activity that they aren't paying for. Entitlement attitude, anyone?

Edited by SantaFeFan

Maybe RCCL & Celebrity should do what Carnival & Princess have done, stop sponsering them. Then there would be no problem's.

Oh boy, then the real complaining will start. Celebrity OWES us those free parties. If they stop putting them on, I'm taking my business elsewhere. No one messes with my free stuff. ;)

I don't think the issue has ever been whether someone would be willing to do the leg work / organizing for a CC Get-together, afterall there always seem to be very successful CC Gatherings for other events on Celebrity Ships (Sail Away Parties - Slot Pulls etc)

The issue lies in Celebrity's saying they want to organize & Host them as Celebrity Connection Parties (this cruise line having their own name for them, and having CC Members / Cruisers sign up for them on the Celebrity Website)

Wherein lies the problem

The website does not work

When people have approached Celebrity / Captain's Club for info... Can you help us - OR - should we just organize on our own ?

The continuous answer is NO... We are working on fixing it... We still want to Host. Things should be rectified soon / next week etc

Hence the issue / frustration for many over on the Celebrity Roll Calls (problem as I know it exists for many Summit Sailing to Bermuda in 2015... Certainly my own, as well as others in May & June)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Everyone on our Roll Call has been joining up today. Must have just started working

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks CHRISTINE FRANCIS

Looks like a lot of the My Celebrity Features too that have not worked for "many" :D in the last few months are functioning as well in the last 24 Hours or so.

Cheers!