Sale starting 12/16

TifffanyD

If you booked through a Travel agent and already made final payment, are you able to upgrade your room? If so, would you then be eligible for any of these deals?

If you are past final payment date (and therefore NCL has cancellation fees already in place), then you're out of luck because in most cases you need to cancel your original booking in order to get the new booking promo.

If you are not past final payment (and not within non-free cancellation timeframe, usually starts 75 days before the cruise), your TA might have different fees associated to cancelling and rebooking, but other than that you should be able to succeed.

Thank you for this information regarding the upcoming sale.

Last year, we were 6 booked in the Haven and rebooked (and still saved over $1000) getting the UBP and UDP included. Four of us were able to take advantage of the UBP and we were buying the packages regardless if we had the sale or not.

This year, we are 10 in the Haven. We all planned on purchasing the same, UDP and UBP (My dh/I did come out $200 over the price of the package last year since I kept my receipts). Six of us will be able to take advantage of the UBP and we were going to purchase anyway and the 4 under 18 would have gotten the soda package so I plan on booking as soon as the Summer for 2016 opens, which I hope is tomorrow with this deal. I want to cruise on Breakaway Summer 2016.

Thank you.

Does it include Caribbean sailings?
I am sure it does, but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to learn exactly which sailings.
As long as they don't raise the prices too much I'll rebook with that deal.
I'm curious, since we've had plenty of advance notice for this sale, have people actually noticed prices going up in the last few days? Several of the cruises I am watching have actually gone down, but again, I don't know yet if they will be included in this promotion.

I am sure it does, but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to learn exactly which sailings.

I'm curious, since we've had plenty of advance notice for this sale, have people actually noticed prices going up in the last few days? Several of the cruises I am watching have actually gone down, but again, I don't know yet if they will be included in this promotion.

The one I am planning to reshop has not changed

The couple that I have my eye on (both are suites) are exactly the same as they have been. Excited to see what the prices look like tomorrow!

The one I am planning to reshop has not changed

Thank you for starting this thread.

I'm on with NCL now, since I had a question regarding the Cruise Certificates I have and want to apply when Summer 2016 opens. NCL says they do not know when Summer 2016 opens for Breakaway. I asked if they could ask someone else but they put my on hold and came back and said they do not know.

Also, they did say that although it doesn't state it, there is a choice of air credit too. I didn't ask further since I wouldn't need this.

So, even though there is a press release out, the agent(s) do not know that group bookings have started, followed by more openings tomorrow and rest on December 18. I have a Latitudes number and have sailed NCL four times, so I can book tomorrow, is this correct?

Thanks so much!

Edited by js

If you are past final payment date (and therefore NCL has cancellation fees already in place), then you're out of luck because in most cases you need to cancel your original booking in order to get the new booking promo.

If you are not past final payment (and not within non-free cancellation timeframe, usually starts 75 days before the cruise), your TA might have different fees associated to cancelling and rebooking, but other than that you should be able to succeed.

Thanks! I called my TA and she said they request final payment a few weeks before the cruise line so we are still in the eligible window assuming it's not for new bookings only.

Tomorrow (16th) latitude members can book..

All others I believe have to wait till the 18th...

This is great! Too bad the NCL reps don't give out this information.

This morning they said they didn't know when bookings would open for Summer 2016.

I'm ready to book!

This is great! Too bad the NCL reps don't give out this information.

This morning they said they didn't know when bookings would open for Summer 2016.

I'm ready to book!

This information is clearly stated in NCL's press release that was linked to you in another thread. ;) :D

EDIT: Nope, not even in another thread but this exactly same thread, in post #11, that you acknowledged in post #15. :D :D

Edited by Demonyte

My travel agent contacted NCL last week and they told her they could start booking on Tuesday for latitude members...

I am scheduled with her for 10am tomorrow to book..

I will tell her about the new Dining, Drink and OBC offers...Lets just hope the new price listings will not take a dramatic jump...

Edited by warriorking

This information is clearly stated in NCL's press release that was linked to you in another thread. ;) :D

EDIT: Nope, not even in another thread but this exactly same thread, in post #11, that you acknowledged in post #15. :D :D

Yes I know. Thanks again. I said the reps were not aware. Thanks for double checking for me! Cant wait to book.

I checked this morning and the prices haven't gone up for my cruise. I am booked in a mini suite and I am going to call and try to upgrade to a suite. Not sure if I will be able, I cruise in a little over a month....Cant hurt to ask, right?

I checked this morning and the prices haven't gone up for my cruise. I am booked in a mini suite and I am going to call and try to upgrade to a suite. Not sure if I will be able, I cruise in a little over a month....Cant hurt to ask, right?

I don't mean to be mean or anything but if the prices haven't changed (up at least), what is your rationale in hopes of getting an upgrade from mini-suite to a full suite?

This specific promo is for new bookings only and since you are long past final payment, the chances of getting the promo applied to your existing booking without cancelling is slim to none too.

True, probably wont be able to, but going to call and check anyways.

The difference in the family suite and what I paid for a mini (for two) is now about $400, if we are able to upgrade to a full suite we would get $200 OBC, UBP and UDP, would definitely be worth a phone call to ask. If we can, we can, if we cant, we cant.

The difference in the family suite and what I paid for a mini (for two) is now about $400, if we are able to upgrade to a full suite we would get $200 OBC, UBP and UDP, would definitely be worth a phone call to ask.

A paid upgrade is not a new booking, but you might get lucky. Please let us know what they offer you.

The Wave Season Offer is awesome! Starting 12/16, you can choose from UDP, UBP or up to $300OBC on every cruise. In Alaska or Europe, you can choose any two. And if you book a suite - ALL THREE!

NORWEGIANS GET MORE CHOICES.

We’re taking Freestyle Cruising® to the next level with Norwegian’s Freestyle Choice, giving you the opportunity to go where you want with the offer you want. Book any destination in an Oceanview Stateroom or higher and get the Ultimate Dining Package, the Ultimate Beverage Package or an onboard credit up to $300. Soak up beauty in Hawai`i** or relive history in Europe and choose any two offers when booking an Oceanview Stateroom or higher. Or live it up in a Suite or The Haven while cruising any destination and get all three. Great things happen when you Cruise Like a Norwegian®. Book today! Offer ends January 31, 2015.

Did you get an email from NCL about this? For some reason they won't send me emails, though I'm a platinum member. I called yesterday and they said the marketing department decides who gets emails about sales, etc. ???

"Norwegians can't tell what date it is"! :rolleyes: So as I awake this morning, 0830 EST, figuring the remaining 2016 sailing schedules would have been loaded overnight, I go to the website, sign in, and guess what, as of now, same old stuff, European schedule stops at April 2016.:confused: I can tell you something about "Norwegians" today, there won't be much work getting done at the office today Norwegians will be checking the website to book their cruises.;)