All-Inclusive Beverage Package

2+2

Regarding buying the package when on-board, when we got on the Grand 3 weeks ago we bought the package and paid for 14 days but got 15 as they were doing a deal if both occupants of the cabin bought it at the same time.

When I was at Vines the waiter charged my wife's $8 glass of champagne to my free account and then charged me for the $10 glass of wine I ordered, as he said otherwise he would have to charge for both. Does anybody know how I go about getting my $2 back?
$2.30 with tip. :p But be prepared to spend 100 times that (in time wasted, e-mails sent back and forth, etc.) trying to get it back.

Thank you for posting about your experience, though. It would be great if Princess would adjust the wording to say "up to and including $10" to make it totally clear.

All Inclusive Beverage Package†

You can now relax and enjoy the convenience of an all inclusive beverage package featuring any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, sodas, lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water & more. All for just $49 USD per person per day!

To me UP To includes $10 and anything $10.01 wouldn't be included. If this is not the case they need to word it Under $10 or else it is misleading. Trust me you would never be able to get away with this ambiguous wording in a retail store or restaurant on land.

On Celebrity if it states up to $8 the $8 dollar beverage is included.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I am not worried about getting my money's worth. It will keep me to drinks under $10 though. I think with water and coffee we will come out even; and if we don't, I'm OK with that as well.
Unless you drink expensive wine or expensive name brand alcohol, alcoholic drinks on Princess are under $10. The water out of the tap is free and as pure as most bottled water. :)

Unless you drink expensive wine or expensive name brand alcohol, alcoholic drinks on Princess are under $10. The water out of the tap is free and as pure as most bottled water. :)

But the bottled water tastes so much better when it's being served to you while lounging by the pool.;)

Regarding buying the package when on-board, when we got on the Grand 3 weeks ago we bought the package and paid for 14 days but got 15 as they were doing a deal if both occupants of the cabin bought it at the same time.

I thought you had to pay 7 x $49.00 for a seven day cruise. So can you buy for like 3 days of a seven day cruise?

I thought you had to pay 7 x $49.00 for a seven day cruise. So can you buy for like 3 days of a seven day cruise?

It actually comes to $56.35 per day with the gratuity.

You have to buy it for the whole sailing.

Still, it's worth it to us. :)

LuLu

All Inclusive Beverage Package†

You can now relax and enjoy the convenience of an all inclusive beverage package featuring any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, sodas, lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water & more. All for just $49 USD per person per day!

To me UP To includes $10 and anything $10.01 wouldn't be included. If this is not the case they need to word it Under $10 or else it is misleading. Trust me you would never be able to get away with this ambiguous wording in a retail store or restaurant on land.

From the wording on the "Not included" information:

"Does not include beverages above $10."

That seems 100% clear to me.

The bartender that charged for the $10 wine needs to be better trained.

Thanks all. Keep it coming.

I sure thought I would hear some bad stories such as, you can't use it in the specalty dinning , or at the upscale lounge, or things like that. So far I have not heard one bad thing about the package.

Just a few more questions for you. Can you use the package for poolside drink service/delivery, and pre-show drinks?

Sorry I should have made it clear, first thing we did when we got on was buy the package. It was a 15 day cruise but we only had to pay for 14 days of the package, we got a day free.

Edited by CCFC

Sorry I should have made it clear, first thing we did when we got on was buy the package. It was a 15 day cruise but we only had to pay for 14 days of the package, we got a day free.

Thanks, Mike, that explains it! Glad you got that extra day free. :D

LuLu

Basically whether it's stealing in a department store or taking home office supplies, theft is the cost of doing business. I'm sure that the few people who cheat on any of the drink packages doesn't effect the bottom line. Remember many passengers who purchase the drink package probably don't even break even and there is probably a percentage factored into the price for sharing.

Why do you think they price it at $49 per day. ;)

It was a 15 day cruise but we only had to pay for 14 days of the package, we got a day free.
I'm a pretty big fan of unlimited beverage packages for 7 or 10 days, but I'd have a hard time keeping up that level of drinking 14 or 20 days in a row. And it starts to get really expensive for that number of days. So I'm glad to hear you got a small discount, but maybe they could consider bringing the package back in the middle of a longer cruise, and give people the opportunity to buy it for the second half of the cruise. I suspect they'd get a lot of takers.

I have a liking for Sauvignon Blanc and have read about one called Silverado which is supposed to be good ( I appreciate that we all have different tastes).
It was available last summer at Vines on Star Princess. $10 a glass, so included in the package. :) You can have a glass or two there before dinner, and then order one to go to take with you into the dining room. :D Edited by hawkeyetlse