Balcony sizes

xpcdoojk

I posted a thread here back in June asking if people thought that the cabins on the deck plans that showed larger balconies actually have larger balconies in fact. At the time it was all speculation.

Now we should know.

So do the D1 balconies such as 13248 or 10248 etc that show a much larger balcony due to the angled balcony on the deck plans actually have much larger balconies....

Surely someone can tell!!!

Please share!!!

jc

I posted a thread here back in June asking if people thought that the cabins on the deck plans that showed larger balconies actually have larger balconies in fact. At the time it was all speculation.

Now we should know.

So do the D1 balconies such as 13248 or 10248 etc that show a much larger balcony due to the angled balcony on the deck plans actually have much larger balconies....

Please share!!!

jc

Yes, we had a D1 on deck 10 in November and the D1 balconies are larger than the other D balconies. :)

Now we should know.

Please share!!!

jc

Xpcdoojk: on 11/14/14 heatherb1958 has a thread about cabin 9648 with 2 pics. Yes it is much larger! We will be in 12648 on 3/21 & are so excited to get a great balcony! Wish I knew how to send them to you. Just go into cc & go op name.

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in the D1 balcony cabin 10162. It is an angled balcony and is quite a bit larger than any D1 cabin we have been in before. One could easily fit 4 loungers on there. The two chairs look lost in all that space..... :)

I had cabin 12648 a D1 an angled balcony which appeared on the deck plans when I booked to have the largest area. I was very pleased with this cabin and balcony and have it on my April sailing as well

15979108676_b7c0cee6ed_c.jpg

15817495888_cfd36a4936_c.jpg

I had cabin 12648 a D1 an angled balcony which appeared on the deck plans when I booked to have the largest area. I was very pleased with this cabin and balcony and have it on my April sailing as well

Thanks for the info and the photos (that wonderful angled balcony looks very similar to the large balconies on the angled hump of Celebrity's S-class ships).

Quick questions: the deck plan shows your cabin fairly close to the entrance to the elevator lobby. Did you experience any noise from this? Do you have any photos of that part of the hallway, or could you describe what that entrance way to the elevators is like? Is it just open space between 12644 and the elevators? I'm just trying to get a handle on possible noise concerns.

And do you have access to all six elevators right in the middle, or are there entrances to only three on each side of the ship?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the info and the photos (that wonderful angled balcony looks very similar to the large balconies on the angled hump of Celebrity's S-class ships).

Quick questions: the deck plan shows your cabin fairly close to the entrance to the elevator lobby. Did you experience any noise from this? Do you have any photos of that part of the hallway, or could you describe what that entrance way to the elevators is like? Is it just open space between 12644 and the elevators? I'm just trying to get a handle on possible noise concerns.

And do you have access to all six elevators right in the middle, or are there entrances to only three on each side of the ship?

Thanks so much!

We had no issue at all with noise from the elevator. The elevator area is like a small lobby removed from the cabin hallways.

There are a bank of 6 elevators on both sides of the ship that you can access ~ 6 on starboard and 6 on port side so you can use either to leave or come back to your cabin.

Coincidentally a friend is in 12644 on my April sailing and her cabin was open during turnover day and I did take these photos. Your bed is by the bathroom with a closet on either side of the bed with couch by the balcony. I liked this set up as it was the same as mine was 12648.

16004508056_9fbdde5b32_c.jpg

15844234899_83cbf0cdf4_c.jpg

There are a bank of 6 elevators on both sides of the ship that you can access ~ 6 on starboard and 6 on port side so you can use either to leave or come back to your cabin.

Thanks for the quick reply and more photos!

In terms of the elevators, I just wanted to confirm my understanding of the info above: you are either standing on the port side or the starboard side, where you are pushing buttons for half of the 12 elevators. (In other words the doors to the six elevators on each side are *not* facing each other, such that you could access all 12 at once, correct?) Is there an open atrium or something similar that runs vertically through all the decks where these elevators are?

Thanks again, just trying to get a sense of things, and you and others have been very helpful in these threads!

Thanks for the quick reply and more photos!

In terms of the elevators, I just wanted to confirm my understanding of the info above: you are either standing on the port side or the starboard side, where you are pushing buttons for half of the 12 elevators. (In other words the doors to the six elevators on each side are *not* facing each other, such that you could access all 12 at once, correct?) Is there an open atrium or something similar that runs vertically through all the decks where these elevators are?

Thanks again, just trying to get a sense of things, and you and others have been very helpful in these threads!

6 elevators to choose from on the port side..6 on the starboard side If you have been on OASIS class it is very similar.

6 elevators to choose from on the port side..6 on the starboard side If you have been on OASIS class it is very similar.

Thanks very much. I haven't, hence my questions. :)

(We just booked the Anthem TA for next fall. We're experienced cruisers, but have never sailed with RCCL before. So I've been very interested in reading all of these Quantum threads, and in general getting a feel for RCCL too.)

Thanks again.

Coincidentally a friend is in 12644 on my April sailing and her cabin was open during turnover day and I did take these photos. Your bed is by the bathroom with a closet on either side of the bed with couch by the balcony. I liked this set up as it was the same as mine was 12648.

16004508056_9fbdde5b32_c.jpg

15844234899_83cbf0cdf4_c.jpg

Hi Emmy

I see you were in 12648 with the big angle balcony and your friend was in 12644 which, while not a big angle, seems to be more in line with the hump - did that give her a better "each way" view (albeit with smaller balcony)? In other words, if the view each way is more important than the balcony which would you pick?

Thanks!

podgeandrodge

Thanks Tyron... I am going to get a full body mt Everest down filled suit so I can sit on the balcony!!!:D

jc

LOL! Enjoy. As you can see from Emmy's pics it's huge. 😎

Sent from my iPad using Forums

15979108676_b7c0cee6ed_c.jpg

15817495888_cfd36a4936_c.jpg

Super thanks Emmy, I am glad, that I spent the extra bucks for a D1, it appears the balcony will be worth it.

For the folks on the original thread who poo-pooed me for thinking that the deck plans published before the ships were launched would imply that some cabins were much better than others... PPPfffffssstttt:p

jc<---- I feel much better:D

That table though, is super duper pathetic.....

jc:D

Yes, it is pretty small. Lots of room for a few drinks and a book, but that is about all. We were in D1 balcony 10162. There is a small desk in the room, but no table. The ONLY table is that little one on the balcony. Because of that we did not order food in the room. To eat in the room, you would have to share the tiny desk space or use your lap.... Or, I guess you could sit on the floor and use the sofa as a table....

Yes, it is pretty small. Lots of room for a few drinks and a book, but that is about all. We were in D1 balcony 10162. There is a small desk in the room, but no table. The ONLY table is that little one on the balcony. Because of that we did not order food in the room. To eat in the room, you would have to share the tiny desk space or use your lap.... Or, I guess you could sit on the floor and use the sofa as a table....

Thanks for pointing out the absence of a table in the room. (We are so used to a small table in front of the sofa...) Maybe RCI is trying to discourage people from using room service or bringing food back to their cabins. :eek:

While we're on the subject of furnishings: I read elsewhere that the back of each of the two closets is angled, making one side of the closet deeper than the other. Is that true and, if so, is there still enough space for hanging clothes on the shallower end of each closet?

I've also read that storage space in the bathroom is limited. Are there any vertical shelves? Anyone have any photos of the bathrooms that show more than the toilet/shower end? (If anyone is familiar with Celebrity's S-class ships, I'm just wondering how the bathroom storage compares. Those bathrooms have a couple of small drawers *and* a bunch of small shelves for toiletries, almost floor to ceiling. Tons of storage space.)

Thanks for any info!

Super thanks Emmy, I am glad, that I spent the extra bucks for a D1, it appears the balcony will be worth it.

For the folks on the original thread who poo-pooed me for thinking that the deck plans published before the ships were launched would imply that some cabins were much better than others... PPPfffffssstttt:p

jc<---- I feel much better:D

Most welcome.. I was very pleased at the size of the balcony

to Turtles06 my friend does not have 12644 until April but since the door was open on embarkation day I took a photo so cannot compare the view.

to edjny the desk can be moved in the cabin to create a table for breakfast if so desired.

15817611490_f6d74bb6cf_c.jpg

15385244873_75be7d9ea2_c.jpg

Thanks for pointing out the absence of a table in the room. (We are so used to a small table in front of the sofa...) Maybe RCI is trying to discourage people from using room service or bringing food back to their cabins. :eek:

While we're on the subject of furnishings: I read elsewhere that the back of each of the two closets is angled, making one side of the closet deeper than the other. Is that true and, if so, is there still enough space for hanging clothes on the shallower end of each closet?

I've also read that storage space in the bathroom is limited. Are there any vertical shelves? Anyone have any photos of the bathrooms that show more than the toilet/shower end? (If anyone is familiar with Celebrity's S-class ships, I'm just wondering how the bathroom storage compares. Those bathrooms have a couple of small drawers *and* a bunch of small shelves for toiletries, almost floor to ceiling. Tons of storage space.)

Thanks for any info!

I have lots of cabin photos including the storage in the cabin on my link.