Regent Commemorative Pin

Anchorbuoy

One new amenity has been added to the list of benefits for Seven Seas Society members (silver and above): a commemorative pin.

We are currently on the Mariner, and received our pins in Papeete on Sunday. I am not sure if they will be mailed to SSS members, or if you will simply receive them on your next cruise. The pins are very classy looking, round, and have a magnetic disc for attachment. They are similar to the Regent 20th anniversary pins, but slightly smaller in diameter. They are subtlety color coded in accordance with membership levels.

The following note was included with the pins:

Dear Guest

Beginning with this voyage we are launching a new collection of commemorative pins for our Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Titanium guests.

We are pleased to present you with your new Society Pin, emblematic of your achieved tier level status.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as Seven Seas Society member and encourage you to wear your pin during our next Society Party, scheduled for....

We saw many guests proudly wearing their new pins at both the SSS and TPG parties.

Oceania has been doing this for a number of years. Theirs are color coded based on number of cruises in increments that match their loyalty program and presented on the cruise at which you attain that level. I don't remember seeing a lot of them on board and we seem to forget to take ours. Really don't consider it an amenity, but often people like the recognition.

However, on some cruises there are so many people now at the lower tiers that they just present the the pins to the higher levels and send the others to the cabins with a letter and then have them stand at the recognition cocktail party.

We were awarded ours at thee SSS function the other night by the Captain in the Constellation theatre. We were alerted to this beforehand by Gundrun the Cruise Consultant - and I changed my stilettos to something smaller to accommodate climbing up the stairs to the stage. Gundrun later asked us about our thoughts on the process as we were the first to be 'inducted' into this process. I felt a bit silly - a bit like receiving a prize at a school awards ceremony - but my husband loved it. Our fellow passengers congratulated us - it did look like, however, the company was taking this award seriously and not just as an opportunity for us to earn more 'phone time or priority excursion bookings.

Were the people called up in groups (i.e. Silver group, etc.)? If done individually, it could take the whole evening. Not sure how I feel about it. I have a pin from Radisson that I wear to some Seven Seas Society events and would probably wear a platinum pin if they are still handing them out when we sail in April.

Were the people called up in groups (i.e. Silver group, etc.)? If done individually, it could take the whole evening. Not sure how I feel about it. I have a pin from Radisson that I wear to some Seven Seas Society events and would probably wear a platinum pin if they are still handing them out when we sail in April.

The only couples called on stage were those who transitioned to the next higher SSS level during this cruise segment. There were 3 or 4 couples, and they were called by membership level.

Everyone else had the pins delivered to their suite on embarkation day.