Time limit between SBP drink orders?

Bob7

Heard different reports that you have to wait a certain amount of time between ordering drinks on the Sig Bev Pkg, anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes. Anyone know what it is? That seriously cramps the chugalug contests.

Heard different reports that you have to wait a certain amount of time between ordering drinks on the Sig Bev Pkg, anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes. Anyone know what it is? That seriously cramps the chugalug contests.

POA is right, it is 5 minutes. I don't know about you but it probably takes me at least 5 minutes to finish my drink if not a little longer. I don't think your chugalug will be to affected by the 5 minute rule.:D:D

Don't worry the five minutes rule. That is not the problem....

....the problem is you are are LIMITED to 15 drinks.... in 24 hours.

Say....

2 bloody marys at the pool

2 wine at lunch

1 in late afternoon

2 at happy hour

2 before dinner

2 with dinner

1 port with cheese

3 with disco...

15 is your limit. Not exactly what you would call 'chug a lug'!:o

Don't worry the five minutes rule. That is not the problem....

....the problem is you are are LIMITED to 15 drinks.... in 24 hours.

Say....

2 bloody marys at the pool

2 wine at lunch

1 in late afternoon

2 at happy hour

2 before dinner

2 with dinner

1 port with cheese

3 with disco...

15 is your limit. Not exactly what you would call 'chug a lug'!:o

If I ever tried to consume liquor in that amount, I'd be out cold for days. :D It would not be pretty. I can understand how some people can spread out that number of drinks throughout the day but my metabolism must be such, NO way. :D DH would have had fun trying. ;)

If I ever tried to consume liquor in that amount, I'd be out cold for days. :D It would not be pretty. I can understand how some people can spread out that number of drinks throughout the day but my metabolism must be such, NO way. :D DH would have had fun trying. ;)

I couldn't do it either. I rarely drink during the day and not a ton at night. The explore 4 package would become the explore floor package for me:D.

I couldn't do it either. I rarely drink during the day and not a ton at night. The explore 4 package would become the explore floor package for me:D.

You've been hanging around POA......

You've picked up his humor and had me LOL. :D

"Explore the Floor"...... Funny ! :D

:D:D Me too. Wine with dinner and a glass of Baileys later is about it. And I can still party and have a good time on that.:p

On our Volendam cruise earlier this year, the rule was that your current drink had to be finished before you could order another. That prevented people from circumventing the $7 per drink limit.

We witnessed this first hand as a woman brought her drink with some kind of liquor in it that she had obtained at a different bar, to the one that we were at. She wanted the bartender to add a shot of amaretto to her drink, and he refused. He told her that she'd have to finish her drink before he'd serve her. When she left the bar, the bartender explained that she was attempting to make a cocktail that exceeded the $7 limit.

Enforcement was consistent throughout the ship. Our favorite server at the Ocean Bar would come to see if we wanted another drink, and would quickly apologize when he saw that we hadn't finished our current ones.

There is no way we could finish alcoholic drinks in 5 minutes. However we did make good use of the SBP just by getting a couple of liters of sparkling water daily for our room, specialty coffees and teas at the Explorations Cafe, bottled water for our time in the ports, and our post dinner espressos and cappucinos.

15 drinks in a day.... 10 am to 1 am.... 15 hours.

One drink in one hour and it will keep you sober all day. Especially one full pint of ale in one hour. One of my lecturers in college told me that one.:D

Wine for lunch and dinner.... two glasses not a problem... have you ever looked how small measures are these day?

You don't to gave gin & tonic or similar... Campari & soda is 'harmless'.:rolleyes:

Stephen

The explore 4 package would become the explore floor package for me:D.

Ok, THAT is hilarious, love it!!!! :D I have the SBP on my next cruise (sailing in 11 days but who's counting? :D) and am going to be trying really hard not to be Exploring the Floor. Shouldn't be hard for me, I have a super high alcohol tolerance.

Edited by Avril

We will have the Explore4 next year on a cruise for the first time. We thought it would substitute for buying bottles of liquor for our stateroom. Does this mean that we cannot somehow manage to take 2 drinks each to the room for after dinner cocktails on the verandah, without having to go back to the bar? Thanks.

Does the 15 drink limit include water and coffee?

From what I've heard, yes is does. :( Also includes soda (or pop depending on where you're from) and any other non-alcoholic beverages. :( I think though, that you can just use your ship card for drink purchases like you would without the package. This would also work for getting extra alcoholic drinks above the 15 drink limit (if you need/want more than 15 that is, which I highly doubt I will, nice to have the option though). :D

From what I've heard, yes is does. :( Also includes soda (or pop depending on where you're from) and any other non-alcoholic beverages. :( I think though, that you can just use your ship card for drink purchases like you would without the package. This would also work for getting extra alcoholic drinks above the 15 drink limit (if you need/want more than 15 that is, which I highly doubt I will, nice to have the option though). :D

Thanks, Avril. Much appreciate the info.

Thanks, Avril. Much appreciate the info.

No problem!! :D Keep in mind though, I haven't actually had the package before (yet, I do have it on my upcoming cruise) so I'm no SBP expert. I'm just repeating what I've read here on the CC boards. I'll be able to give a lot more info after my cruise in a couple of weeks.