Westerdam aft balcony question

Swelldame

Looking at booking an aft (not wrap) cabin on the Westerdam, and it appears from the deck plans that the balconies get less deep the higher you go. Does anyone know if this in fact the case? I've searched extensively, but can't seem to figure it out.

Looking at booking an aft (not wrap) cabin on the Westerdam, and it appears from the deck plans that the balconies get less deep the higher you go. Does anyone know if this in fact the case? I've searched extensively, but can't seem to figure it out.

As I recall, deck 5 has the largest balconies with deck 4 below it being smaller.

There are some pics of the aft cabins on halfacts.com Just check out the Vista ships - don't worry if it is a different ship. As long as they are the same class (except the Noordam perchance), they should be the same.

The link to halfacts.com is in my signature as well as in a sticky at the top of the HAL board

There are some pics of the aft cabins on halfacts.com Just check out the Vista ships - don't worry if it is a different ship. As long as they are the same class (except the Noordam perchance), they should be the same.

The link to halfacts.com is in my signature as well as in a sticky at the top of the HAL board

Hi Jacqui, and thanks. I had a look at Halfacts, and google, and, and, and.... ;) While from the pictures of the Vistas aft it kinda/sorta looks like the balcony depth is the same, it's really hard to tell with the stair-stepping shape of the stern. And it definitely looks smaller according to the deck plans, but you can only kinda/sorta trust those.

IF I can convince DH (aka: Mr. Fiscal) to go for it, I'll definitely take pictures and make notes for halfacts upon our return.

Hi Jacqui, and thanks. I had a look at Halfacts, and google, and, and, and.... ;) While from the pictures of the Vistas aft it kinda/sorta looks like the balcony depth is the same, it's really hard to tell with the stair-stepping shape of the stern. And it definitely looks smaller according to the deck plans, but you can only kinda/sorta trust those.

IF I can convince DH (aka: Mr. Fiscal) to go for it, I'll definitely take pictures and make notes for halfacts upon our return.

That would be really great if you remember halfacts.com . No matter what cabin you end up in, please feel free to send in pics and your comments. Thanks so much :D

The other thing you could do is watch a few of the sail a way threads on the Port Everglades webcam. You might be able to get an idea from there as well if they do close ups.

Edited by kazu

As I recall, deck 5 has the largest balconies with deck 4 below it being smaller.

When we had the aft-wrap corner suite on Westerdam 5th floor, we were told that those aft-wraps are the largest balconies on the ship...so I would tend to believe that 5 has the deepest aft balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

take a tape measure with you so you can get an accurate measurement for HAL facts. Do the depth and width. We had a wraparound on the N Amsterdam and the lounge chairs had to be sideways. There was always wind.

A previous aft room on the Noordam, not a suite, was deep( 12 ft and 9 ft wide) but seemed to get soot at night from the smokestacks. And as I was lying on the balcony someone above was hosing a balcony and I got doused.