Wang Wang (or something similar) no longer allowed?

Avril

And prior to departure from Port Everglades even ;)

At the time, it seemed to be a burning issue on the message board, so we wanted to answer the question as soon as possible. We did wait until after the muster drill - because we're all about safety. ;)

I don't like drinks that are fuzzy or made with different alcohols in them.

I agree with you. I know that the Wang Wang is a crowd favorite, but we aren't huge fans. It's a little sweet for our tastes. However, we ordered one, and DW drank it - because sometimes you have to give the people what they want. ;)

I agree with you. I know that the Wang Wang is a crowd favorite, but we aren't huge fans. It's a little sweet for our tastes. However, we ordered one, and DW drank it - because sometimes you have to give the people what they want. ;)

I still thank you for taking one for me. :)

If we're onboard together I'll return the favor with your liquor of choice!

Huh. I wonder what the "Onboard Incident" aboard the Westerdam was. Must have been bad for them to ban a drink (and therefore lost the money that would come from people buying it). :eek: Do they still sell Long Islands, shots, etc onboard Westerdam?

I board Maasdam in two weeks and my wife & I are going to try that "bad thing" out. Never heard of one and never tried one so it will be a first. I'll let you know if we have two;)...lol Hope the ship still serves them.

bob

I board Maasdam in two weeks and my wife & I are going to try that "bad thing" out. Never heard of one and never tried one so it will be a first. I'll let you know if we have two;)...lol Hope the ship still serves them.

You should be ok Bob!! From what I've heard (on this thread), it's only on the Westerdam that they're banned. Enjoy and have a great cruise!! :D

Huh. I wonder what the "Onboard Incident" aboard the Westerdam was. Must have been bad for them to ban a drink (and therefore lost the money that would come from people buying it). :eek: Do they still sell Long Islands, shots, etc onboard Westerdam?

I was thinking the same thing .

I have only heard of Wang Wangs from this board , but there are other multi alcohol kick ass drinks out there like Long Islands, Alabama Slammers etc . I wonder if those are banned too?

I was thinking the same thing .

I have only heard of Wang Wangs from this board , but there are other multi alcohol kick ass drinks out there like Long Islands, Alabama Slammers etc . I wonder if those are banned too?

I guess we have to use our imaginations as to what could have happened. From Domestic Violence/Assault, to causing a brawl (or something similar) in public, to damaging HAL property, to someone jumping overboard (or pushing/throwing someone else overboard), the possibilities are almost endless. All we know for sure is, someone did something stupid. What that something may be is anyone's guess.

These boards are the only place I've heard of them as well. I assume those other drinks are still available (even on the Westerdam) but you'd have to ask someone who's recently been on her to know for sure.

The "on board incident" sounds like it could be a punchline to a joke: "So he said to my wife, "Do you want to try my wang-wang?" and then the fight started."

LOL, it kinda does for sure!! :D It must have been real bad (and serious) though for them to ban a drink from a ship for more than that 1 cruise. :eek:

I guess we have to use our imaginations as to what could have happened. From Domestic Violence/Assault, to causing a brawl (or something similar) in public, to damaging HAL property, to someone jumping overboard (or pushing/throwing someone else overboard), the possibilities are almost endless. All we know for sure is, someone did something stupid. What that something may be is anyone's guess.

These boards are the only place I've heard of them as well. I assume those other drinks are still available (even on the Westerdam) but you'd have to ask someone who's recently been on her to know for sure.

If some one wants to get that toe up "crunk" :) and they can't get some "mega" drink . They can get just as drunk having 2 or 3 (or more) "regular" drinks.

As long as there is alcohol, someone is going to do something stupid, some way , some how , some where

If some one wants to get that toe up "crunk" :) and they can't get some "mega" drink . They can get just as drunk having 2 or 3 (or more) "regular" drinks.

As long as there is alcohol, someone is going to do something stupid, some way , some how , some where

Now that is very true!! Sometimes, it's not the quality, it's the quantity.

Edited by Avril

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Topped off with Pineapple, Orange Juice and a splash of Grenadine

OMG. I like strong drinks too, but that is a headache in one glass. Lol.

Hey, quit talking about me like that!:p

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT???????????

2 OZ of eight different liquors is more potent than 2 OZ of a single liquor.

It's the mixture of liquors that makes it so potent.

How? It's still 2 oz. its nothing unless it's your first drink ever. Maybe it's best for some folks to stick to soft drinks or water. I'd love to hear where you got this information from.