Drink prices removed

Clarea

I see. Thank you clarea.

And I see in the fine print on this attachment it states "gratuities are NOT included". Everything I have read and everything my friends have told me up until now was that gratuities are included in the price of drinks.

I don't mind paying a little more for my vacation to enjoy myself, but I would just like to be clear on the rules before I invest in a $700-$800 ultimate liquor package for me and my lady friend. I guess I should call RCCL, but they may change the rules another three times before I sail so maybe I should wait.

When you purchase one of the unlimited drinks packages, a 15% gratuity will be added at that time. No more gratuities will be added when you actually get your drinks.

I think the FAQ section has not been updated since they raised the cocktail limkit to $12 in the packages. This is the most current document I've seen:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

All of this is about to make me buy the ultimate package, which means I won't need to go to the diamond lounge or smuggle.... since there is no wine and dine... I am going to have buy wine at dinner anyway...

So, I know that I have seen a link that lists everything on the the different drink packages. I can't find it though.

Bob, can you lend me some bread crumbs.

jc

I do not like the thought of not being in charge, if I order a drink or two on an evening I do not have an open Bank Book, Sorry RCI I do not want the Drinks Package as we are not big drinkers. So if there are no prices I guess I'm going to be fleeced. This is how I see my Holidays now taken for every penny (cent) I have, but if I allow this I wont be Sailing as often. Have I got this right or just imagining it.

I have had instances where I was charged more than what was listed on the menu and when I questioned it I was told that there had been a price increase and the menus had not been changed. I was not in the mood to argue the point. So either they don't post the price or they just charge what ever they want anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wonderfully resurrected..

Was on Allure last November... no prices on menus, they were aimed at the packages. Boleros drink menu was the only one to list prices.

Was on Explorer last week.

Only one bar menu throughout the ship (with exception of Pub which has its own A3 sheet) listing limited offerings and pushing the drinks packages... with prices...

ALL cocktails start at $10 +18%

American premium beers all $6.00 +18%

Beers of the world $5.50 +18%

You could ask for drinks not on the menu, such as a B52 or Black Russian, but they were $10 +18%

Compared to the Allure cruise last November, bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !!

menu1.jpg.5c866f6b321ec0f5de6bb86f392753f9.jpg

menu2.jpg.d90deb2478c9d1118722f4ca850a9ed7.jpg

Edited by icsys

What everyone needs to do is every time you go to the bar or at dinner, ask your waiter/bar tender to tell you the price for 5 different drinks and then order. This will start a riot.

Plus I think we should then write the prices in permanent marker on the drink menu (if there is one). That way the next person would know the prices!

What everyone needs to do is every time you go to the bar or at dinner, ask your waiter/bar tender to tell you the price for 5 different drinks and then order. This will start a riot.

Plus I think we should then write the prices in permanent marker on the drink menu (if there is one). That way the next person would know the prices!

Excellent ideas.:)

Was on Allure last November... no prices on menus, they were aimed at the packages. Boleros drink menu was the only one to list prices.

Only one bar menu throughout the ship (with exception of Pub which has its own A3 sheet) listing limited offerings and pushing the drinks packages... with prices...

You could ask for drinks not on the menu, such as a B52 or Black Russian, but they were $10 +18%

Compared to the Allure cruise last November, bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !!

[ATTACH]342719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]342720[/ATTACH]

The pictures are way too small to read :(

At any rate, if one Bahama Mama or BBC is going to cost me $11.80 I will be drinking lots of tap water on the cruise, and I won't be tipping extra on any purchased drink either - not at those outrageous prices. Sucks for the crew, because I usually do tip extra. I'm only willing to pay so much for a drink though.

I don't drink anywhere close to the number of drinks to justify a drinks package so Royal is going to lose money I might have spent, but now will not because I don't like feeling ripped off. :(

Why are the drink prices the fault of the crew?

The pictures are way too small to read :(

At any rate, if one Bahama Mama or BBC is going to cost me $11.80 I will be drinking lots of tap water on the cruise, and I won't be tipping extra on any purchased drink either - not at those outrageous prices. Sucks for the crew, because I usually do tip extra. I'm only willing to pay so much for a drink though.

I don't drink anywhere close to the number of drinks to justify a drinks package so Royal is going to lose money I might have spent, but now will not because I don't like feeling ripped off. :(

They aren't. But if the drink prices really are jumping to $10 from say $7.50 (and the tip went from 15% to 18%), their tip just went to $1.80 from $1.13 which is more than fair.

They're going to miss out because instead of buying two to three drinks a day, now I will probably just buy one.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Compared to the Allure cruise last November, bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !![ATTACH]342719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]342720[/ATTACH]

Yes, I noticed that the drink of the day listed in the Cruise Compass was $10.00 plus 18% gratuity everyday. I always remember the drink of the day with pricing well below $10.00.

wow, I had not followed this thread before. Didn't realize the drink prices had gone up that much. I will for sure be asking for prices come next week.

I did send an email. Will let you know if I get the same canned response that there was a "printer error" Should have been corrected by now.

And as others have commented. I to feel sorry for the servers. No I would in no way stiff them their tip. But like the other poster said, I will now be only buying one drink instead of three. This has to hurt all the crew!!