Robes to and from Pool

Seeing as how this topic seems to be such a bone of contention for some folks ;) me thinks I need to get all of the folks who flowboard in the early am on our next cruise to pose for a picture with ALL of us wearing our robes out by the Flowrider. Heck, I may even flowboard with mine on :D

My first reaction was, yea, this thread is still active :D, but knowing the die-hard flowriders (I'm a once or twice a cruise, have fun flowboarder) like to get up early when its cold or off hours for the private time, the robes maybe very practical, even for those who have purchased their own wet suit type of apparel. I'm sure you can all do that and nobody in your own group would judge you badly, and for anyone else, they aren't having as much fun anyway. Great example.

What a ridiculous and culturally inept thread. I ignored this thread at first and still for the most part wish I would have.

On that note, I will stoop to that level. I got a new TV for Chistmas and it had a built in Youtube app. Somehow I stumbled on a video taken on Carnival Freedom. I have seen C-Freedom, up close from Allure, but haven't been on it. I wanted to see what Carnival and this ship looks like. The video had more than 1 million hits. A few minutes in, a bunch of guys are standing near a railing and egging the video person into looking over the railing. They are all in their 30s, but giggling like teenagers. The camera pans down to a woman, probablhy 350 pounds to 400 pounds sunning on a chair wearing a skimpy bikini. My first thought was this thread and she would wear a robe to the pool if she liked. No Complaints from me.

Stepping aside to take the outrage this will cause and enjoy the thread some more.

Well, since we are "movin' on up" to a JS this year, I may just have to get me one of them there robes to wear around the ship.

Robe

Straw hat

Sunglasses with tape

zinc on my nose

Black dress shoes

Blue dress socks

(Do they have a chest pocket for my protector?)

Sail away

Muster

Promenade

Formal night

Oh they places I could go!

It's impossible not to relax in our signature collection of lounge wear made of thick 100% Turkish terry cotton. These robes and slippers are great to have in your stateroom or by the pool, plus they're fantastic souvenirs when you get home -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=LOUNGE

;)

On that note, I will stoop to that level. I got a new TV for Chistmas and it had a built in Youtube app. Somehow I stumbled on a video taken on Carnival Freedom. I have seen C-Freedom, up close from Allure, but haven't been on it. I wanted to see what Carnival and this ship looks like. The video had more than 1 million hits. A few minutes in, a bunch of guys are standing near a railing and egging the video person into looking over the railing. They are all in their 30s, but giggling like teenagers. The camera pans down to a woman, probablhy 350 pounds to 400 pounds sunning on a chair wearing a skimpy bikini. My first thought was this thread and she would wear a robe to the pool if she liked. No Complaints from me.

Stepping aside to take the outrage this will cause and enjoy the thread some more.

How cruel.

We are currently in Grand Suite on Enchantment and our robes came wrapped and look clean...no need to worry about tissues or skid marks when I where my robe to the MDR!

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Garavar

What a ridiculous and culturally inept thread. I ignored this thread at first and still for the most part wish I would have.

The difference can be derived in this simple variation between posts on English and American English dictionaries.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bathrobe

Believe it or not there is a renowned expert on robes, Connie Hunter and she clearly states the multiple purposes for bathrobes and knows the historical significance of robes.

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-are-the-Benefits-of-Owning-a-Bathrobe?&id=864958

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-History-of-Bathrobes&id=973017

Amazing to find this thread on the forum for a cruise line for which one of the regular popular activities is the "Men's International Belly-flop Competition".

This thread is ridiculous, yet you designed a post outlining examples of experts on the "history of bath robes"

FAIL.

You said you wish you had ignored this thread, yet posted links on "the benefits of owning a bathrobe"

FAIL.

Can you really not see the humor in this thread, or do you take yourself and your place in the world so seriously?

Edited by twindaddy

This thread is ridiculous, yet you designed a post outlining examples of experts on the "history of bath robes"

FAIL.

You said you wish you had ignored this thread, yet posted links on "the benefits of owning a bathrobe"

FAIL.

Can you really not see the humor in this thread, or do you take yourself and your place in the world so seriously?

Wait a minute, this is supposed to be a humorous thread? :eek:

• 1 month later...
Sorry to bump, but I got an e-mail from RCCL that I think provides the definitive answer to this question.

Ah good point. However it clearly states "by the pool," but does not address the "to and from the pool" concern! Lol