Ace of Latte Coffee Card

Ukap

We bought 2 of these Ace of Latte coffee cards on a cruise in 2009. They each had 15 stamps and I have 9 left unpunched between both cards.

Are these cards still good to get an expresso or cappucino on Regal?

Will I have to swap out for new card at customer service or just present them at coffee shop?

Edited by Ukap

Yes, the punches will still apply.

Please note that the unlimited brewed coffee does not apply. (People used to actually keep and bring back cards for years!). That now only applies to the cruise when the card is bought. Brewed coffee on cards from prior cruises required a punch.

Can a coffee card be shared by 2 people, or do we each need to have one?

Ethically you can share the punches on the card but the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to only be for the one person who has the card.

In practice some people seem to share both the punches and the fresh-brewed coffee.

I will share my wife's card if I want something that "costs" a punch but I drink the regular ship coffee and leave the fresh-brewed to my wife since we only purchase the one card.

Yes, the punches will still apply.

Please note that the unlimited brewed coffee does not apply. (People used to actually keep and bring back cards for years!). That now only applies to the cruise when the card is bought. Brewed coffee on cards from prior cruises required a punch.

I'm not to sure about that. The cards do not indicate what ship their from so there's no reason that you can't use it on any ship for unlimited dripped or brewed coffee on any Princess ship.

The cards do not indicate what ship their from

Its indicated on the back of the card, although not always.

And they are not King of Cups cards anymore. (OP has an old card)

Still good for punches only.

They may be able to trade for a new cards once onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I had a few punches left on my Ace of Latte coffee card from some time ago. I could not use it for brewed coffee, unless they punched it when I was on the Ruby in November. I was able to get Gelato one time but another person at the IC a couple of days later said I could not use it for Gelato. The barristas at IC had never seen one of the Ace of Latte cards before.

I was told on the Regal in June that my old coffee card was no longer accepted. I was planning on contacting princess to get a new one but haven't gotten around to it yet !

You were told wrong. The cards are good as long as they have punches left. You have purchased that punch; they cannot disallow you from claiming the drink to which that punch entitles you. After having your card refused, my next stop would have been the Purser's Desk to lodge a complaint.

They have to stop the madness at some point.

I think a couple of years is plenty. :cool:

It's not madness. Why is a couple of years "plenty"; what does that even mean? Not all of us cruise a gajillion days a year or drink six lattes a day and so it's dead easy to have old-school coffee cards left from previous cruises. There's nothing wrong with holding on to a partially-used card that's 2, 4, 7, however-many, years old. After all, Princess is holding on to my money for those drinks. I don't see you saying that they should refund it after a couple of years.

It's not madness. Why is a couple of years "plenty"; what does that even mean? Not all of us cruise a gajillion days a year or drink six lattes a day and so it's dead easy to have old-school coffee cards left from previous cruises. There's nothing wrong with holding on to a partially-used card that's 2, 4, 7, however-many, years old. After all, Princess is holding on to my money for those drinks. I don't see you saying that they should refund it after a couple of years.

Huh?

I had 2 older cards this past summer when we sailed on the Pacific they honored the punches on those without any question. However I did purchase a new card and used this for my brewed coffees during the day, again not an issue. I will use the one from Pacific for specialty coffees in May, but may in fact purchase another card for the brewed. They did write ship & year on the one this past summer so I will use up the last 5 punches first, though was told all punches on all cards would be honored as they have been purchased.

You were told wrong. The cards are good as long as they have punches left. You have purchased that punch; they cannot disallow you from claiming the drink to which that punch entitles you. After having your card refused, my next stop would have been the Purser's Desk to lodge a complaint.

Huh?

First of all, rdsqrl, you go girl! :)

All the previous cards were sold with the commitment by Princess that the punches would be honored forever and on any Princess ship. Even the cards made from construction paper that were issued prior to the Ace of Latte or Jack of Java cards were being honored.

So, yes, a visit to the Purser's Desk would have been appropriate.

To me, this statement makes an implication:

"They have to stop the madness at some point. I think a couple of years is plenty."

To which I infer the "madness" must be all the confusion over these cards and the "couple of years is plenty" causes me to infer the author feels it is time to do away with honoring the old cards altogether because of the "madness".

I completely disagree with this. Princess' policies got them into the mess, they should not get out of the mess by breaking their agreement with a cost to the customer.

First of all, rdsqrl, you go girl! :)

All the previous cards were sold with the commitment by Princess that the punches would be honored forever and on any Princess ship.

Really? Please direct me to the Princess instructions/policy on that.

It was done as a courtesy.

Nothing is forever except you know what.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Ethically you can share the punches on the card but the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to only be for the one person who has the card.

In practice some people seem to share both the punches and the fresh-brewed coffee.

I will share my wife's card if I want something that "costs" a punch but I drink the regular ship coffee and leave the fresh-brewed to my wife since we only purchase the one card.

We were on the Crown recently and we specifically asked that question when purchasing the coffee card. I don't drink coffee but I like the specialty teas. I asked if I can get free unlimited specialty teas along with DW's Cafe Latte's and they said yes, no problem. We did it throughout the cruise, ordering the Cafe Latte and the tea together, making it clear that we were sharing the card and nobody ever questioned it. Apparently, at least on the Crown, the policy is to allow it.

We were on the Crown recently and we specifically asked that question when purchasing the coffee card. I don't drink coffee but I like the specialty teas. I asked if I can get free unlimited specialty teas along with DW's Cafe Latte's and they said yes, no problem. We did it throughout the cruise, ordering the Cafe Latte and the tea together, making it clear that we were sharing the card and nobody ever questioned it. Apparently, at least on the Crown, the policy is to allow it.

It worked the same way on the Royal recently. My wife usually got 2 specialty teas at a time to refill hey ice tea bottle while I got my regular coffee.