Bringing Wine on Board - Drink in Cabin

Rebels82

We are planning on bringing 1 bottle/person (up to 2 bottles) of wine. We are not planning on taking it to dining rooms but having it in the cabin. Since we are not taking to dining room:

1. do we pay a corkage?

2. do we need to get a sticker or anything during check in?

Thanks!

We are planning on bringing 1 bottle/person (up to 2 bottles) of wine. We are not planning on taking it to dining rooms but having it in the cabin. Since we are not taking to dining room:

1. do we pay a corkage?

Thanks!

No corkage fee, AND you can pour yourself a glass of your wine and bring it to the dinning room, or anywhere else without any problems. I always bring a glass to the DR.

1. do we pay a corkage?

No

No, but remember that the wine should be in your carry-on.

Thanks!

Welcs. :D

We always pour ourselves glasses of wine in the cabin and bring them to the dining room to enjoy during dinner.

Happy cruise.

1. do we pay a corkage?

Thanks!

Nope, no corkage, no sticker. Also, you can bring a glass of wine to the MDR with no problem as well. Corkage fee may only come into play if you decided to take an entire bottle to the MDR (or steakhouse). If you forget a corkscrew you can ask your cabin steward for one (wine glasses as well).

Just carry it on with your carry on luggage. I always put the two bottles, a corkscrew and two plastic wine glasses in one small bag (the kind they have in grocery store for .99) and just carry it on. My corkscrew broke one time and I just took the bottle to one of the bars and they opened it for no fee. There will be two glass wine glasses in your cabin but I don't use them unless I'm staying in the cabin. Enjoy

...and....odds are if you take the bottle into the MDR you won't get charged the corkage fee....last 4 cruises we've been on, traveling with groups, we've brought multiple bottles amongst the folks in our group into the MDR and were not charge the fee...steakhouse, different story...same groups, bring wine into steakhouse, got hit with fee....oh well....

Nope to both. I always pack my own corkscrew to open the bottles in the room. I was given one once with a bottle I ordered from Bon Voyage and it didn't work well, so since then I have packed my own.

1. do we pay a corkage?

Thanks!

We tried to take on 1.5 liters and even though there were two of us, it was confiscated by the people at security. It was not given back nor was there any info taken by them as to whose it was. Poof gone!

Granted, this was a couple of years ago and I still wouldn't try it now. JMO.

...and....odds are if you take the bottle into the MDR you won't get charged the corkage fee....last 4 cruises we've been on, traveling with groups, we've brought multiple bottles amongst the folks in our group into the MDR and were not charge the fee...steakhouse, different story...same groups, bring wine into steakhouse, got hit with fee....oh well....

I agree, odds are they won't but by the same token people shouldn't whine if their waiter/waitress does charge them in the MDR.

Just waiting to disembark from the Freedom at the moment.

We would normally open and pour our wine in our cabin and carry the glasses to dinner. One evening on this cruise we were a little rushed and took an unopened bottle to main dining. We were charged the corkage fee, but expected it.

I suspect if we had opened the bottle ourselves and carried it into the dining room, we could have avoided the fee.

Live and learn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a small corkscrew that we always take with us. The screw section slides into the barrel for easy and safe storage.

We always take a bottle of Sangria with us. I get fruit from the Lido buffet and cherries and lime from one of the bars. Bartenders are always helpful on gibing me these items. Then I make a fruity Sangria and we drink it on the balcony after a full day at sea. Very relaxing!

One time the steward was happy to keep us supplied with wine glasses. Another time the steward said to get them from the bar. No big deal. I just tipped a dollar to the bartender each time instead of giving a little extra to the steward.

We pour the glasses in the room and walk into the MDR with them, sipped down a tad.