Koningsdam Pinnacle Suite

CruiseWhere

Assuming the OP meant renderings and/or floor plans.

And I noticed that they are considerably different than what we've known since Zuiderdam even though the footprint of the room is the same.

Here's the layout for Zuiderdam through Nieuw Amsterdam:

DeckPlansFull.action%3Fship%3Dzu_2%26deck%3Drt%26deep%3D0

And for Koningsdam:

DeckPlansFull.action%3Fship%3Dko%26deck%3Dsc%26deep%3D0

I really like the new layout. A lot more functional and looks like a WAY better bathroom layout.

Edited by InTheWASide

I hope the closets are better. I wasn't crazy about the wardrobe set up. It's fine for a short cruise but too much wasted space if doing a lengthy cruise.

I believe you're the only person that has ever inferred that the Pinnacle Suite may have inadequate closet space for a longer cruise. The closets on the new layout look even larger and as a benefit more of a walk-in/pass-through layout instead of dead-ending

I believe you're the only person that has ever inferred that the Pinnacle Suite may have inadequate closet space for a longer cruise. The closets on the new layout look even larger and as a benefit more of a walk-in/pass-through layout instead of dead-ending

I'm pretty sure I lost a few things in those closets:D;). There were a lot of them, that's for sure.

I love the tub location with ocean view. Since we seem to spend more "awake time" in the bathroom than in bed, I think it will give us more sea view time.

My only concern is that rather than a great room concept with guest flow between dining table and living room, they now seem to be two very separate rooms. Nice to see the larger dining table for 6 though.

I hope the closets are better. I wasn't crazy about the wardrobe set up. It's fine for a short cruise but too much wasted space if doing a lengthy cruise.

One thing we like about the closets on the Westerdam -- they have added extra drawers so there are now 2 sets of drawers in the dressing area.

One thing I don't like on the Vistas and Signature class ships -- the barf for hanging clothes is higher than the bar on the R and S class ships.

Looking at the closets on the Pinnacle class ships -- yes it looks longer -- but are there regular doors so that stewards don't see our hanging clothes?

I love the tub location with ocean view. Since we seem to spend more "awake time" in the bathroom than in bed, I think it will give us more sea view time.

My only concern is that rather than a great room concept with guest flow between dining table and living room, they now seem to be two very separate rooms. Nice to see the larger dining table for 6 though.

We are bath tub people -- thus that doesn't appeal to us.

I love waking up -- pressing the buttons to open the curtains in the bedroom and while DH heads to the gym -- laying there and looking out and watching the sun rise.

One thing we like about the closets on the Westerdam -- they have added extra drawers so there are now 2 sets of drawers in the dressing area.

One thing I don't like on the Vistas and Signature class ships -- the barf for hanging clothes is higher than the bar on the R and S class ships.

Hanging your clothes on barf is the leading cause of norovirus on cruise ships...

Sorry KK I had to have a little fun with that :D

Looking at the closets on the Pinnacle class ships -- yes it looks longer -- but are there regular doors so that stewards don't see our hanging clothes?

Believe it's just a true "walk in closet" so I would guess so. If any kind of door I imagine it's a sliding door more like many have at home and is in some Neptune Suites in the vanity area.

Doesn't make a difference to me.

Looks nice. Probably not in this lifetime.

We've done it once on Eurodam.

It helps if you can split it between 2 couples. Lowers the cost burden on each half. Feedback on the pullout sofa is that it was very comfortable.

We were part of a group of 12, had "dummy keys" made so our friends could come and go as they please. The four of us assigned to the PS were the only ones to partake of the specific benefits of the PS (in case anyone was about to freak out) but we had an amazing time having more of an "open door" concept. We also shared the Private Oasis on HMC 12 ways.

Definitely an amazing and very memorable trip

Edited by InTheWASide

I think they're trying to go more the route that NCL does on their Haven bathrooms. Something along these lines (picture is a rendering from NCL Breakaway) would make the suites a lot more desirable IMO

ncl_Brkwy_Strm_CS2_JS_2Bd_Fam_Bath_web.jpg

Also noticing a bit of influence from the Seabourn Odyssey Class Wintergarden Suites:

Wintergarden_Solarium-300x200.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide

We really liked the large dining table in the Rotterdam Pinnacle Suite. That was terrific.

I think they're trying to go more the route that NCL does on their Haven bathrooms. Something along these lines (picture is a rendering from NCL Breakaway) would make the suites a lot more desirable IMO

ncl_Brkwy_Strm_CS2_JS_2Bd_Fam_Bath_web.jpg

Also noticing a bit of influence from the Seabourn Odyssey Class Wintergarden Suites:

Wintergarden_Solarium-300x200.jpg

Thanks for those pictures.