Why so much negative?

Drill2dk

Because people like to whinge and can't accept the cruise industry is changing, with this ship being one of the first to utilise change.

I am going on the Anthem May 2015, cannot wait! Looking forward to trying Dynamic Dining, the ship, new ports, everything!

Lots of kinks...spoken by someone that has been there!

1. Because Royal labeled the 11/23 an Inaugural Cruise and then spent their time trying to convince us that it was not an Inaugural Cruise. They gave us a generic white water bottle with the C&A logo on it plus ballcaps. They gave the Trans Atlantic group $300 OBC, 25% off a future cruise, free drinks, and many Quantum Inaugural gifts that many felt were meant for the Inaugural Cruise. That created a lot of negative feel onboard the ship. Miami labeled this cruise as something special and then failed to deliver. No sailaway party....nothing to create any goodwill towards the ship.

2. They failed to load the Souvenir cups for the Freestyle machines on the ship so the machines were free to everyone all week. Many that bought the bev packages got no refunds.

3. It is a High Tech ship but unfortunately, there are MANY glitches in the system so things did not work. The luggage tracking did not work, the internet was spotty, the Bionic Bar was having problems working. The North Star did not work consistently. App did not work on Androids, Two70 had some tech problems... after a while people get frustrated that they spent lots of $$ and things were not working.

4. some people just did not like the concept of Dynamic dining. There are concerns that it could go fleetwide so people are letting it be known how they feel.

I am sure there are probably more reasons why but this is a few.

Lots of kinks...spoken by someone that has been there!

1. Because Royal labeled the 11/23 an Inaugural Cruise and then spent their time trying to convince us that it was not an Inaugural Cruise. They gave us a generic white water bottle with the C&A logo on it plus ballcaps. They gave the Trans Atlantic group $300 OBC, 25% off a future cruise, free drinks, and many Quantum Inaugural gifts that many felt were meant for the Inaugural Cruise. That created a lot of negative feel onboard the ship. Miami labeled this cruise as something special and then failed to deliver. No sailaway party....nothing to create any goodwill towards the ship.

The 11/2 Maiden Voyage had a few hours of free drinks because the computer system onboard the ship had crashed. We did not get the free drinks for any other reason, it was not because it was the Maiden Voyage, it was because they could not charge us.

$300 OBC - Per Cabin not per person incase anyone gets confused.

When you say Miami labeled the 11/23 Inaugural as something special where did they indicate this ?

What makes you think the gifts guests got on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage were meant for the Inaugural guests ?

There was no Sailaway party on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage either.

Did you have to wait nearly 3 hours to get on the ship ?

Did you get your luggage before dinner on the first night ?

Did you spend more time at Guest Services asking for help than you did in your bed ?

Did you have electric drill noises in your cabin at 3am for an hour?

Did you get a letter that called you Insidious ?

Many guests on 11/2 Maiden Voyage got the above...did you have them on 11/23 Inaugural ?

Ohhh Liz... Did you get a letter like that or did they say that in the OBC letter?

No I didn't get that letter, but I know many did get it.

One couple I met were in tears and they didn't have a wink of sleep after said letter was left in their cabin.

I did manage to get someone to talk to this couple about it, it was an IT glitch apparently. I felt so sorry for these guests.

Why so much negativity?

Probably because of a couple of reasons, one being that there were a large number of glitches on the first voyages.. The other reason is because there are a lot of top tier Crown and Anchor cruisers who think they own Royal Caribbean and therefore can decide what Royal builds, how they build it, how they run it, and (especially) what dining program they offer.

We DISEMBARKED the QUANTUM TODAY after a 19-night Back2Back and would rate our experience as a 12 on a 1-10 scale if it were allowed.

The Quantum is FANTASTIC. Yes, she is still experiencing a few glitches but nothing that would detract from the joy available on this ship!

Royal Caribbean created an amazing ship with equally amazing entertainment and dining. If the QN is the Royal Caribbean model for new-builds in the future then I am all for it.

Why so much negativity?

Probably because of a couple of reasons, one being that there were a large number of glitches on the first voyages.. The other reason is because there are a lot of top tier Crown and Anchor cruisers who think they own Royal Caribbean and therefore can decide what Royal builds, how they build it, how they run it, and (especially) what dining program they offer.

We DISEMBARKED the QUANTUM TODAY after a 19-night Back2Back and would rate our experience as a 12 on a 1-10 scale if it were allowed.

The Quantum is FANTASTIC. Yes, she is still experiencing a few glitches but nothing that would detract from the joy available on this ship!

Royal Caribbean created an amazing ship with equally amazing entertainment and dining. If the QN is the Royal Caribbean model for new-builds in the future then I am all for it.

Beachnative.....I "LIKE" your post........:cool:

Why so much negativity?

I am glad you enjoyed your time on Quantum of the Seas. :D

It appear that some things are getting better this month than they were last month, strangely enough it wasn't that way with Oasis when she came out but perhaps all the tech stuff on Quantum was just a bit too much all at once last month.

I would rate my Quantum of the Seas experience (not taking into account wonderful,fabulous roll call folks) ...as my second worst cruise ever (worst was Reflection Inaugural).

But hey doesn't mean I will give up on Royal Caribbean, heck no, back to the Allure for me next year :D

Some very good friends of ours just returned last weekend from the Quantum (maybe 12 night sailing?). She said they had a fantastic time but she said MANY people were b$t#hing about everything. People don't seem to understand that it's a new ship so there are things to work out. She said they had a great time and there is so much to do onboard. She loved the cabin that they had and as well the staff were great. I think people just can't accept when things go wrong and unfortunately that's life. Things go wrong everyday.

"Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% of how I react to it".

I'm glad my friends had a super vacation. :p

I agree with beachnative. We were on the December 1 cruise and, while there were some minor glitches (when aren't there a few?) we had a wonderful time. WepreferMDR to the DD concept but we still enjoyed the food and decor at the different venues and the different servers we had in each one. To help the servers make up for reduced tips, compared to MDR concept, we gave cash at the end of each meal when we got good service or saw that they were trying hard in spite of some technical issues which came up occasionally.

It was disheartening to see some complainers "holding court" to whoever would listen about everything they found "wrong" with the ship. Some people just can't accept,change and go,with the flow when they're in situations where change is happening but there is no need for them to try to make everyone around them unhappy too.

Life is too short. For God's sake, make the most of it while you're here and appreciate what you are able to,do that many others aren't able to experience whether that is due to financial or health reasons.

We got off the ship today and there is still far too many of these so called glitches. I posted a long review and tried to be balanced, but I did not like the new port or the ship. The access to the new attractions is extremely limited, and there were lines everywhere. Beautiful it is, but that beauty didn't make the trains run on time.

Normally I don't let these things bother me, but when the elevators stop randomly and order you to exit, it is my belief there is a management problem. We paid a premium to cruise Quantum, and got below average service.

I have been on 17 cruises with Royal, I know when things aren't right.

We got off the ship today and there is still far too many of these so called glitches. I posted a long review and tried to be balanced, but I did not like the new port or the ship. The access to the new attractions is extremely limited, and there were lines everywhere. Beautiful it is, but that beauty didn't make the trains run on time.

Normally I don't let these things bother me, but when the elevators stop randomly and order you to exit, it is my belief there is a management problem. We paid a premium to cruise Quantum, and got below average service.

I have been on 17 cruises with Royal, I know when things aren't right.

When you get to 54 cruises like we have, things that aren't right won't bother you as much.:D

Doesn't your signature say "If you are expecting perfection, don't travel, you will surely be disappointed". :p

When you get to 54 cruises like we have, things that aren't right won't bother you as much.:D

Doesn't your signature say "If you are expecting perfection, don't travel, you will surely be disappointed". :p

I agree Patti, but all things considered, we were disappointed. It wasn't our worst cruise, but compared to some of other cruises it didn't shape up.

So far the negative is not with the ship as I have not sailed her yet. My frustration is with the process and the IT issues with their website in relationship with the reservations system Let me tell you my experience today when I printed the Set Sail.

Printed the Set Sail passes for the Feb. 2nd sail, and decided to check on my entertainment reservations. Lo & behold, the effort expended way back on Oct. 16 went for naught. The shows that I carefully coordinated with my dining times suddenly are not in the system. Mamma Mia, Entertainer #1, Sonic Odyssey and Starwater. Spent considerable time with reps from the Cruise Planner to find alternate times. Once a dropped line. Second dropped while being transferred to a Cruise Planner. Third, finally got what I thought was all of the shows. Went to my cruise planner and the Entertainer #1 was confirmed, however, missing from my cruise planner. Called a fourth time, and the rep. that I spoke to tells me that Entertainer # 1 has been cancelled and not replaced. I almost lost it and mentioned to this rep. that only half-hour ago this show was available and was confirmed. He tells me that the previous Cruise Planner was mistaken. I asked if during the 11 nite cruise that only one headliner is available--he said yes.

At this point I don't know whom to believe.[/b] Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow and cool off before trying to make any head or sense.

For those on any Quantum sailings, my suggestions is to check to see all of your reservations are intact. Also, can anyone on this cruise confirm that the entertainer scheduled for the 6th night or Feb. 7th has been cancelled.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PROCESS. I can't trust the initial process and the constantly verifications that one needs to go through.

My frustration is with the process and the IT issues with their website in relationship with the reservations system

I get it. The website & reservations process online was incredibly frustrating for us as well. (We were on the 12/1 sailing.) Our dinner reservations would often disappear and in talking to customer service, it was like they never existed at all and we had to find a new one. Of course, they were usually days we had shows or were in port, so the timing was actually important. It got to the point where we logged on daily (or more than once a day) in the weeks leading up to the cruise just to make sure something else hadn't disappeared. I completely understand some tech issues on a new ship itself, but the amount of (aggravating) time spent getting things scheduled and dealing with their IT was a very frustrating start to the whole experience.

Of course, after you put all of that behind you and leave on the cruise, when you get to a restaurant and give your name and the person says, "No, you don't have a reservation," all those feelings just come right back!

Is it that quantium is new and people need to get use to it and they need to work out the kinks? or is it a bad concept, and will rcl adapt to what there customers are saying and wanting?

While we are truly looking forward to our Quantum March cruise, I must admit after reading the member reviews on cruise critic about the sailings is making me a little concerned. We like new experiences, however when you see at 37% approval rating- it does put a damper on the anticipation of the experience. I will try to keep an open mind and chalk the complaints up to it being a new ship.

Hopefully, those "bugs" will be fixed and we all will be reading many more positive reviews soon. I do not recall any new ship getting such negative troubling reviews- does anybody?

My DH and I sailed on the Celebrity Solstice on its 4th sailing - and loved the ship- I do not recall it having a horrible initial rating.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Although one should not have to, I print every purchase or reservation made online and bring it with me to avoid stress.

Since I always purchase internet on board I also put all RC confirmation emails in a folder on my email account for backup.

We printed them all too. Of course we forgot to bring the printout on the day this happened. We mentioned that we had it and one of us was going to go back to get it, and the woman was like, "Don't bother. It won't make a difference." They sat us anyway, but it was just frustrating after having dealt with their terrible online system for so many hours before the trip.

We printed them all too. Of course we forgot to bring the printout on the day this happened. We mentioned that we had it and one of us was going to go back to get it, and the woman was like, "Don't bother. It won't make a difference." They sat us anyway, but it was just frustrating after having dealt with their terrible online system for so many hours before the trip.

"It won't make a difference." That would be the time I whip out my phone, ask her her name, and have her watch me forward my reservation to Corporate. Glad they sat you anyway.

On another line, I forwarded my email confirmation on something right to the woman standing on the other side of the Purser's desk. Problem taken care of instantly.

"It won't make a difference." That would be the time I whip out my phone, ask her her name, and have her watch me forward my reservation to Corporate.

I'm not sure it would make a diff - I think you are overestimating your ability to influence a fairly rigid system in place.:cool: