Freedom and Independence of Seas for Kids

LuCruise

Researching cruises now and looking at either

• Allure of the Seas for April 2016
  • Freedom of the Seas for July 2016
  • Independence of the Seas for July 2016

Now, I can't see July 2016 cruises yet but I'm basing it on July 2015 cruises.

I know the Allure is great for kids...lot to do...but of course, the disadvantage is that we would need to take our kids our of school for a week. They will be in grade 5 (10, almost 11 years) and grade 1 (6.5 years) at the time.

For Freedom and Independence of the Seas, they seem a lot smaller. Howare they for kids in terms of

1. Kids Club
  2. Activities during the day
  3. Shows (night time)

Also...I believe no RCL ship has a waterslide? Correct?

Edited by LuCruise

Both Freedom and Independence have a large water park just for kids. They also have a large and active kids club. While we on Indy a couple of weeks ago, we saw the kids club on the go all over the ship.

I think they would be great for kids!

We sailed on freedom in October with our 7 & 11 yr olds. They loved it!

Both loved the kids clubs, they dont have a slide but I think the large pools and H2O zone make up for that, they had a lot of fun ice skating, they liked the rock wall, the 11 yr old like flow rider (7 yr old was too short), the 7 yr old liked the character meet & greets, they watched "How to Train your Dragon 2" in 3D, They liked the magic show in the theatre and the ice skating show.

Im sure there was more, but thats what I remember most. Plenty for them to do in my opinion!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

As mentioned, the Independence does not have the Dreamworks characters, whereas the Freedom does. The Independence also does not have the 3D movies during the day in the theatre, whereas the Freedom does.

(The Freedom was also rumoured to be getting Hairspray during its drydock, which was wonderful on the Oasis when we saw it 2 years ago.)

My son is 12. We've sailed the Freedom, Indy & Oasis.

By far, our favorite ship was Freedom. It had the best of both worlds for us...lost of activities for him...and lots of sea views for me. The Indy was not our favorite ship...just a different vibe. Didn't care for the Oasis as much, yes, definitely more "kid" activities, but we both felt like we missed the ocean. Much more of a shopping mall feel to it, although it is a beautiful ship.