Please Tell Me About the Crown Princess

MsSoCalCruiser

So far I have sailed on the Sapphire, the Golden, and the Star. Now I will be sailing on the Crown Princess with a friend. We have a Caribe balcony room so of course I would like to know about the balcony furniture. What do you like about this ship? How is it different from the others? Thank you for any information or suggestions that you may have.

So far I have sailed on the Sapphire, the Golden, and the Star. Now I will be sailing on the Crown Princess with a friend. We have a Caribe balcony room so of course I would like to know about the balcony furniture. What do you like about this ship? How is it different from the others? Thank you for any information or suggestions that you may have.

We did the Crown TA from London to FLL in 2013 and loved her. Our favorite Princess ship is the Ruby and this is just the same. A beautiful and fun ship. We'd go on her again in an instant. The balcony furniture is usually two chairs and a table. On occasion maybe a recliner but I doubt it. Someone else asked about outside seating at Sabatini's and I don't think there is any. In fact, I'm sure of it. The steaks in there are superb. Enjoy your cruise, I wish we were going on her again but we'll have to settle for the Diamond in February out of New Zealand. Wish the Ruby or the Crown did that Itinerary.

Cheers, Kenn

We did the Crown TA from London to FLL in 2013 and loved her. Our favorite Princess ship is the Ruby and this is just the same. A beautiful and fun ship. We'd go on her again in an instant. The balcony furniture is usually two chairs and a table. On occasion maybe a recliner but I doubt it. Someone else asked about outside seating at Sabatini's and I don't think there is any. In fact, I'm sure of it. The steaks in there are superb. Enjoy your cruise, I wish we were going on her again but we'll have to settle for the Diamond in February out of New Zealand. Wish the Ruby or the Crown did that Itinerary.

Cheers, Kenn

This ship sounds lovely. I can't wait to sail on her. I don't know why I thought there was outside seating at Sabatini's. Maybe something I saw in a photo? How sad that you have to settle for the Diamond out of New Zealand:(

I wish I could join you :D

Enjoy your cruise!

As I recall, from spending a total of 42 days on the Crown in 2013 and early 2014, the Sabatini's decor on this particular ship is just gorgeous. I've dined in Sabatini's on other ships and they are very nice, but this was just so classy and impressive.

It was not brought up by the OP, but I have to say that I also dined in the Crown Grill on this ship a few times, and it is excellent. They serve awesome lobster!!!

As I recall, from spending a total of 42 days on the Crown in 2013 and early 2014, the Sabatini's decor on this particular ship is just gorgeous. I've dined in Sabatini's on other ships and they are very nice, but this was just so classy and impressive.

It was not brought up by the OP, but I have to say that I also dined in the Crown Grill on this ship a few times, and it is excellent. They serve awesome lobster!!!

I will have to make sure to stop by Sabatini's to check out the gorgeous decor. We will definitely be dining at the Crown Grill. I'm looking forward to a plate of lobster! Oh, and a filet mignon :)

On the Crown, Sabatini's is above the Horizon Court. Next to Sabatini's is the Adagio Lounge, my favorite spot on the ship. During the day, it's very, very quiet as the CD doesn't usually schedule anything there. Very comfortable chairs and couches. At night, it's a piano bar. Only bar to offer stuffed olives and bread sticks. There's access to the outside deck which is behind both the Adagio and Sabatini's.

Unlike the Sapphire, Golden and Star, there is no covered pool area. MUTS is above the pool directly forward of the Horizon Court so if you like to sit outside in that area, it's very, very loud and intrusive.

Linda,

I loved the Crown when I sailed on her. The Sapphire is my favorite ship. The Crown comes in a close 2nd. If the Crown had a covered pool and a wider outside promenade deck, it would be my favorite ship.

I agree with Pam. Sabatini's is beautiful. The Adagio Bar is a nice and quiet place during the day. In the evenings it is pretty quiet as well. l like the layout of the Crown Grill better on the Crown than the Golden.

I love the Atrium on the Crown. I thought it was prettier than the Sapphire's. There are some tables right in the IC area, unlike on the Golden.

I can't wait to be back on her on the 3rd!!:):):)

Linda,

I loved the Crown when I sailed on her. The Sapphire is my favorite ship. The Crown comes in a close 2nd. If the Crown had a covered pool and a wider outside promenade deck, it would be my favorite ship.

I agree with Pam. Sabatini's is beautiful. The Adagio Bar is a nice and quiet place during the day. In the evenings it is pretty quiet as well. l like the layout of the Crown Grill better on the Crown than the Golden.

I love the Atrium on the Crown. I thought it was prettier than the Sapphire's. There are some tables right in the IC area, unlike on the Golden.

I can't wait to be back on her on the 3rd!!:):):)

So far the Sapphire is my favorite ship too. This will be my first Princess ship without an indoor pool. I can't even picture what it will look like. I ordered a bottle of Malibu and I'm looking forward to a lounge chair at the after the ship.... Minus the fly :D

So far the Sapphire is my favorite ship too. This will be my first Princess ship without an indoor pool. I can't even picture what it will look like. I ordered a bottle of Malibu and I'm looking forward to a lounge chair at the after the ship.... Minus the fly :D[/quote

Imagine the uncovered pool on the Sapphire and then walking a little bit more and the same uncovered pool but with a MUTS screen. I liked it in the Caribbean. Our cruise is going to be much cooler so it will be interesting to see how many are out and about by the pool. We may have to bundle up and go watch a movie one night.

Oh, a bottle of Malibu at the aft of the ship. Jackets may be in order, but I'm there! Yes, let's hope a fly doesn't take a dive into either yours or my drink.:D:D:D LOL. It did get me a drink I liked better on our last cruise, though.:D:D:

Edited by MichelleinOC

So far the Sapphire is my favorite ship too. This will be my first Princess ship without an indoor pool. I can't even picture what it will look like. I ordered a bottle of Malibu and I'm looking forward to a lounge chair at the after the ship.... Minus the fly :D[/quote

Imagine the uncovered pool on the Sapphire and then walking a little bit more and the same uncovered pool but with a MUTS screen. I liked it in the Caribbean. Our cruise is going to be much cooler so it will be interesting to see how many are out and about by the pool. We may have to bundle up and go watch a movie one night.

Oh, a bottle of Malibu at the aft of the ship. Jackets may be in order, but I'm there! Yes, let's hope a fly doesn't take a dive into either yours or my drink.:D LOL. It did get me a drink I liked better on our last cruise, though.:D:D:

I just saw that I wrote at the after... Darn auto correct.

A movie sounds great. If I can remember, I will pick us up some hand warmers from the sporting goods store.

It's actually kind of funny that we were in Mexico when that fly dove into the margarita. He knew which drink he wanted! I hope you like the Malibu :)

INTERESTING QUESTION.....I don't think any specialty restaurants on any of the ships have outside seating?...anyone else have a different experiance on any ships?

There is outside seating but its not for the restaurant.

Kind of a viewing area over the aft pool.