Mariner Penthouses

beaniele

Hello. We have not been on Regent in a few years. We are going to be on the Mariner May 2016 to Alaska. I do not have a brochure and wondered if someone could explain the differences in Penthouse A,B,C. Is it just the location on the ship? Also what are the bathrooms like in these cabins?

We are booked in the Aft Seven Seas Aft at this time. We do love this cabin but for the money we would save we might change to a Penthouse.

Thank you in advance.

Linda

Per the Regent web site (with a compare feature which is new, I think):

http://www.rssc.com/ships/compare/default.aspx?Ship=MAR&Suites=a|b|c

Identical suites, just deck 8/9, 10, or 11 as you move up in category.

We had a deck 9 penthouse several years ago and it was nice. Frankly, we preferred this lower deck since there are only other cabins above and below you.

Per the Regent web site (with a compare feature which is new, I think):

http://www.rssc.com/ships/compare/default.aspx?Ship=MAR&Suites=a|b|c

Identical suites, just deck 8/9, 10, or 11 as you move up in category.

We had a deck 9 penthouse several years ago and it was nice. Frankly, we preferred this lower deck since there are only other cabins above and below you.

Thanks for the response. I have done the comparison but it does not show the bathrooms. I was just wondering what the bathrooms are like in the Penthouse suites.

Nothing special. On Mariner most of the bathrooms do not have baths, they have large walk in showers. We have been in PH A, B and C on Mariner (and indeed it is our favourite suite category though we have been in a SS Aft and a "normal" suite too). The bathrooms are the same size and have the same fittings as those in the two other levels of suites we have had. Nothing luxurious at all. And if there is a bath the shower is over it, which bothers some people.

The PH suites are huge. On our first Mariner cruise we were with 6 other friends and we had no problem at all getting together for a drink in the PH suites. Seating for 8! Not bad.

As Hambagahle said, the PH suits either have a large walk-in shower or they have a tub with a shower attachment. The tub is very high and some people have difficulty getting in and out of it. You can go on-line to the Regent website, select Mariner, and then Discover Our Ships and look at the location of the 3 classes of PH suites. The suites with a * next to them include the walk-in shower; those without a * have tub.