Maasdam Photos

Vict0riann

There have been a couple of threads about our Atlantic Adventurer cruise which began on Halloween, but I thought I might post some photos of the ship. Here's our itinerary:

Screenshot2014-09-08at102319PM_zps690f3bdb.png

All the ports were amazing - I felt it could have been called the "Voyage of the Volcanoes" - we saw volcanoes in the Canaries, also Mts. Etna and Vesuvius, and passed Stromboli (during the night). I love volcanoes, at least from a distance.

Maasdam leaving Fort Lauderdale:

IMG_0369_zps2099aba0.jpg

Halloween decorations at the entrance to the dining room:

P1070002_zps08e845e8.jpg

We were in a balcony (make that verandah!) stateroom on deck 10 (Navigation Deck). We were under the Lido overhang, I was a bit worried about that, but it was great. We were on the starboard side, and I think we had the best views at least half of the time!

P1060994_zps53192a29.jpg

The night before our first Caribbean stop we got our beach towels:

P1070046_zpsb165f7ef.jpg

Our view was slightly overshadowed by the Lido overhang:

P1060993_zps5c74d03b.jpg

Some of our favourite places.

The Rotterdam Dining Room:

P1090673_zps1fb8ecee.jpg

The bar in the Crow's Nest:

P1090672_zpsbaa0627a.jpg

The Mix (piano bar on the left), where we attended most Sip and Savours (DH insisted on calling it "Sip and Save" - at least it wasn't "Scratch and Sniff"!:)

P1070159_zpse2686e1d.jpg

I am loving your pictures.

The last time we were on the Maasdam was in 2012 and I am so glad to see that they have gotten rid of those stupid tables in the show room.

1026.JPG

If you mean the Delft inlay tables, I loved them!!!! :)

I am loving your pictures.

The last time we were on the Maasdam was in 2012 and I am so glad to see that they have gotten rid of those stupid tables in the show room.

1026.JPG

Amazing that this refit was only a couple years ago and that fabric on the seats (benches and chairs) looks so incredibly faded and dated. The other S Class ships looked better on this portion of the refit. (Veendam excluded). Statendam's is gorgeous but certainly not for everyone.

Amazing that this refit was only a couple years ago and that fabric on the seats (benches and chairs) looks so incredibly faded and dated. The other S Class ships looked better on this portion of the refit. (Veendam excluded). Statendam's is gorgeous but certainly not for everyone.

The chairs' fabric has a nap and a rich feel; I think maybe the photo flash or general lighting causes the poor representation in the picture. I was also on this cruise and sat in many areas of the show lounge for various reasons (shows, afternoon lectures, shore excursion meeting place... ) and I can assure you that the furnishings are not shabby. m--

The chairs' fabric has a nap and a rich feel; I think maybe the photo flash or general lighting causes the poor representation in the picture. I was also on this cruise and sat in many areas of the show lounge for various reasons (shows, afternoon lectures, shore excursion meeting place... ) and I can assure you that the furnishings are not shabby. m--

Good to hear. Thanks. :)

Glad to hear. Does the color look that faded though (looking at the banquet seating primarily)... or is it just evidence that I REALLY dislike that color

Your pics are fantastic!

I love the glass in the PG on this ship and yes, you were right it is Venetian - Murano glass actually :)

the caviar is making me hungry.

Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. They are wonderful!