Could Vista Be Based on Project Pinnacle?

cjknox

Just a thought, but what about the possibility that Vista could be a smaller modified version of the Pinnacle project by Fincantieri that was released a few years ago. As I understand, the project was only put on the back burner but was never officially canned. I think it was a great design and has a lot of potential.

Ad_3240_12.jpg

Just a thought, but what about the possibility that Vista could be a smaller modified version of the Pinnacle project by Fincantieri that was released a few years ago. As I understand, the project was only put on the back burner but was never officially canned. I think it was a great design and has a lot of potential.

Ad_3240_12.jpg

That concept sailed 10 years ago, right into RCCL.

Even a mini "Oasis" wouldn't work.

That looks like a lot of staterooms. If the ship ends up being the size of an Oasis class ship, I would imagine an extra 1,000 passengers because... Carnival.

Your missing the point, Carnival could theoretically scale it down and make a smaller version, and simplify the design in certain areas viola. It was initially designed as a 175,000grt vessel but again it wouldn't be difficult to scale it down to 135,000grt.

HAL got the Pinnacle class. CCL will have to come up with another name now. That is a seriously ugly ship, and yes, the aft does scream Oasis. Cameron, listen to carnivalfanitaly. He's got his finger on the pulse of the Carnival newbuilds.

HAL got the Pinnacle class. CCL will have to come up with another name now. That is a seriously ugly ship, and yes, the aft does scream Oasis. Cameron, listen to carnivalfanitaly. He's got his finger on the pulse of the Carnival newbuilds.

Wasn't one of the RCI ships referred to as Project Sunshine? Maybe Quantum?

Carnival would never build that ship. There's too wasted air space. My god, they could shoehorn 3000 more passengers on that ship, otherwise. RCI would put 4500 passengers on that ship. If Carnival couldn't put at least 12,000 on the same ship, they wouldn't even consider it. :p

Carnival would never build that ship. There's too wasted air space. My god, they could shoehorn 3000 more passengers on that ship, otherwise. RCI would put 4500 passengers on that ship. If Carnival couldn't put at least 12,000 on the same ship, they wouldn't even consider it. :p

Isn't the Freedom of the Seas more tonnage than the Carnival Breeze with significantly fewer passengers?

Edit: I believe the Carnival Breeze is also about 7k GRT less heavy than the Voyager of the Seas from 1999 with more passenger capacity than Voyager? With 5,400 passengers on Oasis, if that ship in your example was to be Carnival's new ship, Cameron, Carnival would have a passenger capacity of at least 6,500. Who knows? Maybe even 7,000.

Edited by Disconnections

So, in a way, it is just another Destiny class with some modifications. Hey, Jimbo... you there?

I'm here, just watching you guys ramble on. ;) Let's wait till we see the renderings before ripping it apart. I have seen this concept before, but I don't think it will have the opening (Oasis like .....perish the thought). I do like the idea of thinking outside the box though.....

There really is too much wasted space on Oasis and Allure. The only good thing about the back of the ship is the 2 story night club and the pool (which you can't even go in). We are not going to start beating the dead horse on wasted space over the lobby again.....are we?:eek:

I'm here, just watching you guys ramble on. ;) Let's wait till we see the renderings before ripping it apart. I have seen this concept before, but I don't think it will have the opening (Oasis like .....perish the thought). I do like the idea of thinking outside the box though.....

Haha. We'll see what happens with the renderings. Hopefully something innovative really sparks my attention enough to warrant another try on Carnival. I'm sure it was entertaining watching us ramble on. I see that you're leaving for a cruise this week or next. I wish you the best of time! Hopefully one day in the future we may be on the same ship and I'll have the chance to meet you in person.

No i dont think so. I tend to trust our friend from Italy when he says it will be based on the dream class. On another point. The pinnacle project was before oasis. So you could say oasis screams pinnacle protect. In fact if you youtube a video of joe farcus. He designed a 130k gt ship that looked like oasis in the early 90s that was suppose to be the destiny. Carnival chose the destiny design we know today over it.

Edited by kybluecruiser

Haha. We'll see what happens with the renderings. Hopefully something innovative really sparks my attention enough to warrant another try on Carnival. I'm sure it was entertaining watching us ramble on. I see that you're leaving for a cruise this week or next. I wish you the best of time! Hopefully one day in the future we may be on the same ship and I'll have the chance to meet you in person.

Yes, taking all our kids and all their families on a 6 day on the Breeze (6 cabins and 23 people YIKES :eek: am I broke) and some of our core group members on Sunday. Thanks for the good wishes, would enjoy cruising and meeting you as well.

I hope you guys will keep it going while I am not around to defend "Truth, Justice and the American way!" That is as close to super man as I will get.

No i dont think so. I tend to trust our friend from Italy when he says it will be based on the dream class. On another point. The pinnacle project was before oasis. So you could say oasis screams pinnacle protect. In fact if you youtube a video of joe farcus. He designed a 130k gt ship that looked like oasis in the early 90s that was suppose to be the destiny. Carnival chose the destiny design we know today over it.

I do have to say it is kind of weird that they all use the same names (ships and projects). How many Dreams, Magic, Freedom, Fantasy, Liberty's can you have?

Do you really believe Project Genesis was thought of the day before the Oasis was ordered? It takes years to plan, develop, design and construct something like this.

Edited by Disconnections

You have you facts confused Richard. HAL got the Pinnacle class in name only. The design is completely different. For you in for this design was released years before Oasis and as KYBluecruiser mentioned Joe Farcus had designed something similar in the mid 90's.

Do you really believe Project Genesis was thought of the day before the Oasis was ordered? It takes years to plan, develop, design and construct something like this.

All logical indications show that Royal got their idea for a split superstructure from Carnival.

All logical indications show that Royal got their idea for a split superstructure from Carnival.

I don't know off hand when the idea began, but the information can be found on the episode of Mighty Ships that features the Oasis of the Seas. The ship was ordered in 2006, meaning it was being planned for years before that. Some of the newer attractions we are seeing at Walt Disney World were in development and being thought out twenty years ago. How long did it take them to get The Snow Queen/Frozen into the hands of consumers?