~ New To Diamond Plus ~

We always ask for and get 4 extra drinking glasses for the cabin. It's never been a problem. Oh, and our last cruise was on the Explorer in Oct.

Again, I think that many of your problem were due to a poor cabin attendant. As someone else posted, there was a top tier event on your cruise. Your cabin attendant probably had the invitations and just didn't bother to deliver them.

It would have been nice to meet my room steward

No, there was no top tier event. Mario in the concierge said there was none, as it was cancelled

BTW...Freedom, Liberty nor the Explorer, I sailed this year, did not have any issues.

Edited by GOIN2C

See post #11 for the list of onboard coupons, which includes some that five discounts on laundry.

I wouldn't do too well with just discount coupons. I'm accustomed to being able to do get lots of laundry done free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't do too well with just discount coupons. I'm accustomed to being able to do get lots of laundry done free.

Quick question..........do you realize that you are on the Royal Caribbean board?

We get one free bag of wash and fold per every 7 days. We are Pinnacle and mostly live in full suites.

We get much more free laundry on Cunard and Princess, as well as Celebrity.

When you state and I quote "I'm accustomed to being able to do get lots of laundry done free." Which cruise line are you accustomed to??

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Quick question..........do you realize that you are on the Royal Caribbean board?

We get one free bag of wash and fold per every 7 days. We are Pinnacle and mostly live in full suites.

We get much more free laundry on Cunard and Princess, as well as Celebrity.

When you state and I quote "I'm accustomed to being able to do get lots of laundry done free." Which cruise line are you accustomed to??

Rick

Yes I did figure out that I was at the Royal Caribbean board although I didn't go there intentionally I was just looking under recent topics on cruise critic. I don't believe they have a rule against people posting here about the same topic even if it's not about the same cruise line. I have cruised several times with Royal Caribbean just not enough to be upper tier status with them. Just looking through the list of Royal Caribbean's past passenger benefits it looks like there's discounts for lots of things but nothings free. While I don't stay in suites I do get balconies very inexpensively, I get robes, chocolate covered strawberries, free drinks at the past passenger party, usually a free bottle of champagne at some time during a trip (because I tend to be a joiner and that tends to be the prize), 3 bags of laundry done every 7 days, priority boarding, priority debarkation, priority tendering, priority dining times, priority Steakhouse reservations, and priority spa reservations. I get all of these things plus alot more due to platinum status on the cruise line that everyone says has a poor past passenger program. I was just surprised because Its starting to sound like Carnival Cruise Line takes care of me pretty good compared with how other cruise lines treat their past passengers.

Edited by Jana60

I have a quick question. On my next RCCL cruise in February my mother will have reached Emerald status. Will she get the benefits while on the cruise of Emerald, or would she have to wait for the next cruise?

Edited by jasmine196

I have a quick question. On my next RCCL cruise in February my mother will have reached Emerald status. Will she get the benefits while on the cruise of Emerald, or would she have to wait for the next cruise?

Credits will be awarded after completion of the cruise. Her new status will take effect on on next cruise.

Made it to Diamond Plus on our last cruise ...... What exciting benefits will I get to enjoy in February? I heard about BOGO on speciality restuarants but still not clear on how it all works.

Don't forget to select your bonus gift in the gift preferences section.;)

Everyone says the benefits are so much better with Royal Caribbean in their loyalty program but other than a concierge lounge it doesn't sound like the benefits are as good as on carnival but may be all the benefits are just not listed?

Sorry, but I totally disagree. We are Platinum on Carnival and the benefits are nothing compared to RCCL. The Concierge Lounge, which you minimize, is a big deal. Unlimited drinks every night for free? Please tell me where Carnival comes even close.

How about free internet? How about free photos? Toss in the entertainment on RCCL compared to Carnival and it becomes a no brainer. Despite being Platinum on Carnival, I doubt we will ever cruise with them again.

Sorry, but I totally disagree. We are Platinum on Carnival and the benefits are nothing compared to RCCL. The Concierge Lounge, which you minimize, is a big deal. Unlimited drinks every night for free? Please tell me where Carnival comes even close.

How about free internet? How about free photos? Toss in the entertainment on RCCL compared to Carnival and it becomes a no brainer. Despite being Platinum on Carnival, I doubt we will ever cruise with them again.

If you look at my earlier post I said maybe they're not listing everything and obviously they weren't because there's no mention of free internet or free pictures on the list of perks at their site. Free drinks would be nice but not if I had to stay in the lounge for them although someone said that they do let you have drink credits that you can use outside of the lounge. That's really I do spend so little cruising with carnival that I probably come out ahead even when you consider the drinks. Free internet sounds good. Free unlimited internet would almost guarantee any cruise line a new customer for life where I'm concerned!

Yes I did figure out that I was at the Royal Caribbean board although I didn't go there intentionally I was just looking under recent topics on cruise critic. I don't believe they have a rule against people posting here about the same topic even if it's not about the same cruise line.

I don't think Rick was suggesting your comments weren't welcome here.

Free unlimited internet would almost guarantee any cruise line a new customer for life where I'm concerned!

You can maximize the free internet by downloading all your email and then going off line to read them and respond before going back on line to upload.

It would have been nice to meet my room steward

No, there was no top tier event. Mario in the concierge said there was none, as it was cancelled

BTW...Freedom, Liberty nor the Explorer, I sailed this year, did not have any issues.

It's amazing how employees @ RCI get things totally wrong. We were on the QOTS 12/12 cruise and there definitely was a top tier event. They did not send out invitations, they just put it on your TV calendar. Even the Loyalty Ambassador remarked the turnout was disappointing. They checked your cards at the door.

We were D for the cruise, but needed those 8 nights, and finally got our D+ confirmation online last Friday.

Our D8 Balcony cabin steward was great. Glasses and ice every day. Upgraded shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. Robes were in the room.

We found a lot of negatives on Quantum, but our cabin steward got a big extra tip at the end of the week.:D

I think that no matter what they give us, some people will never be happy.

I know I haven't been around as long as some of you - so I haven't seen the "massive drop in quality" that is referred too often.

I do know that I didn't cruise when I was younger as this luxury holiday was well out of my price range. Now it is such an economical holiday.

Looking back to my first cruises, then comparing it to what I now get I am a very happy cruiser. I think the benefits of being D+ are amazing!!!!!

I check in through the short line. - Yes I know the Gold line is often longer than non C&A - but the D+ line is short!

I arrive in my room to both big and small bottles of wine.

We get two nights of BOGO specialty restaurants.

I get unlimited internet for usually $200 for a longer trip.

We get two free bags of washing a week.

I get a top tier party - which ranges from buffet breakfast to drink sessions.

I have been on many bridge tours.

Dinner with the Captain is always a highlight.

Lunch with Officers.

Returning to my room and finding treats - often!

Going into a restaurant and being greeted with comments such as "I see you are D+ and come here often........"

I have had robes and lotions and potions every trip.

A free photo.

Balcony discounts.

Having a Concierge who can 'fix' things without me having to queue up at Guest Services.

As a minimum three free drinks each evening to have when meeting with friends.

But my favorite is the Concierge Club. It is not just the unlimited drink every night! It's the true club atmosphere where you get to meet so many wonderful people. But not just meet them casually in a bar and maybe see them again. As well as having such a wonderful place that is calm and quiet in the day time. Coffee that is drinkable. Iced water always available........

Yep - I think Diamond Plus is an excellent PRIVILEGE, GIVEN to me by RCI.

Raina

A happy and grateful D+ cruiser.