Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

I suspect that the reason everyone's reservations have changed are nothing more than the fact that they don't know when they're going to introduce it so they deem it best to just revert back to a blanket MTD status.

I think that's nothing but unfounded conjecture and opinion, according to a previous poster... :rolleyes:

Have you seen this thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147126

DD will not be on Allure...it may happen at a later date as in next year or whenever but it will not be on Allure TA in October.

That's why I said IF the Allure is renovated like the Oasis, then DD is coming to it as well. I have a feeling the Allure dry-dock will not have all the changes they did to Oasis and hence no DD (and not even the capability to do it later). Considering the DD issue on the Oasis class is very much a moving target, no one can really know what will happen.

One could glean a clue of what will happen by looking at the design of Oasis 3 - the dining venues on that ship are currently under construction and the layout could indicate RCI plans for the future.:cool:

Our Allure Westbound TA in October has reverted back from DD to MTD.

Just called to ask about traditional dining options ... advised that it wasn't available as this cruise would likely switch back to DD.

I'm thinking left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Edited by royzer76

Huh??!!:eek::confused:

Unless you have cruised on Quantum and have experienced DD, you really shouldn't form an opinion on something that you haven't tried. You may come away with a completely different opinion after you've tried it.

We did 19 days on board and we never felt any emotional stress or physical pain, unless we overate!!! We thoroughly enjoyed DD and can't wait for our b2b on Anthem.

People form opinions and preconceived notions based on their past life experiences all the time. Sometimes those opinions change after they experience something first hand. There is nothing wrong or odd about that.

People form opinions and preconceived notions based on their past life experiences all the time. Sometimes those opinions change after they experience something first hand. There is nothing wrong or odd about that.

I agree. The weird part is blasting that info out online, like the person is an expert on what is/isn't good and what should/shouldn't be done.

Look through these (there have been quite a few) DD threads. There are people calling for execs to be fired, ships to be completely re-worked, concepts to be scuttled, their cruises to be modified, etc. based entirely on something they formed an opinion on before trying OR based on trying something similar on another cruise line.

When people who HAVE experienced provide opinions, great! However, the majority of the people in these threads HAVEN'T. Some of us just want people to wait and see how it shakes out.

I made an earlier post about how the people who say things like "I don't have to get AIDS to know I don't want it!!!" and the like are seriously over-dramatizing this. This is a dining concept on a vacation. Not a killer of millions of lives.

DD won't kill you. DD won't maim you. DD won't ruin the rest of your life.

It's along the lines of a minor blip on your life radar. Just give it a shot and allow Royal to improve it based on ACTUAL feedback instead of running around like Chicken Little.

It's along the lines of a minor blip on your life radar. Just give it a shot and allow Royal to improve it based on ACTUAL feedback instead of running around like Chicken Little.

I will let other people be the guinea pigs. I won't book a ship with DD until they improve it and I have read plenty of positive feedback. No bookings of Quantum class for me. And I won't book Oasis class until they make a definite decision. Won't risk having DD until it is improved and proven.

While DD won't kill me, maim me, or ruin my life I still want a good cruise.

Edited by Charles4515

I agree. The weird part is blasting that info out online, like the person is an expert on what is/isn't good and what should/shouldn't be done.

Look through these (there have been quite a few) DD threads. There are people calling for execs to be fired, ships to be completely re-worked, concepts to be scuttled, their cruises to be modified, etc. based entirely on something they formed an opinion on before trying OR based on trying something similar on another cruise line.

When people who HAVE experienced provide opinions, great! However, the majority of the people in these threads HAVEN'T. Some of us just want people to wait and see how it shakes out.

I made an earlier post about how the people who say things like "I don't have to get AIDS to know I don't want it!!!" and the like are seriously over-dramatizing this. This is a dining concept on a vacation. Not a killer of millions of lives.

DD won't kill you. DD won't maim you. DD won't ruin the rest of your life.

I think that many who have not tried DD are justified in their criticisms. It really isn't the repeating menus. It's not the long lines. Or, making reservations. Quite simply, they don't like it, and won't like it, because it isn't Traditional Dining. Pay attention to what they are saying. They want the same table, same time, same table mates, same waitstaff, and two formal nights. Anything else is not acceptable. It is not a "minor blip". They can make a judgement based upon the concept and know it is not for them.

BTW, I share your thoughts that DD will be an improvement. I've been accused by some of being a major cheerleader for DD. If that's true, it's only because I've not been thrilled by the MDR experience as it is. I would like to see it changed. But, I do understand how some would want DD to fail.

They want the same table, same time, same table mates, same waitstaff, and two formal nights. Anything else is not acceptable.

At least for now, Royal is saying "That's not how we envision cruising in our future."

It will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out. ESPECIALLY with younger cruisers. Because that's honestly who they really want.

You can only go so far with your main audience getting older and older. You have to focus on stuff that younger customers want. Everything we've seen in the past decade from Royal is stuff that skews younger and younger.

Different strokes for different folks. I have never tried DD and never will. I do see why others would like DD and if the cruise industry goes towards DD I will find another way to vacation. There is no reason to give people a hard time for their views or opinions. Oh wait that's right this is cruise critic:-)

I think that many who have not tried DD are justified in their criticisms. It really isn't the repeating menus. It's not the long lines. Or, making reservations. Quite simply, they don't like it, and won't like it, because it isn't Traditional Dining. Pay attention to what they are saying. They want the same table, same time, same table mates, same waitstaff, and two formal nights. Anything else is not acceptable. It is not a "minor blip". They can make a judgement based upon the concept and know it is not for them.

BTW, I share your thoughts that DD will be an improvement. I've been accused by some of being a major cheerleader for DD. If that's true, it's only because I've not been thrilled by the MDR experience as it is. I would like to see it changed. But, I do understand how some would want DD to fail.

I am basing my judgment on the reviews! And that DD has been postponed in Oasis class. If it was working great it would not have been postponed! As far as traditional dining. I often select My Time Dining so I am not wedded to traditional dining.

At least for now, Royal is saying "That's not how we envision cruising in our future."

It will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out. ESPECIALLY with younger cruisers. Because that's honestly who they really want.

You can only go so far with your main audience getting older and older. You have to focus on stuff that younger customers want. Everything we've seen in the past decade from Royal is stuff that skews younger and younger.

I'm not so sure that it is 'skewing younger and younger'. It's more likely that we're 'skewing older and older'.

My favorite was a poster calling it the 'multi-billion dollar mistake' and it was posted on more than one thread. The jury is still out for me but I'm not planning to even look at a Quantum Class until they put one in Florida.

My favorite was a poster calling it the 'multi-billion dollar mistake' and it was posted on more than one thread. The jury is still out for me but I'm not planning to even look at a Quantum Class until they put one in Florida.

Yep, the winter departure port removes any interest I have in Quantum class. I want WARM weather cruises, not a couple days at the beginning and a couple days at the end in winter weather!

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Yep, the winter departure port removes any interest I have in Quantum class. I want WARM weather cruises, not a couple days at the beginning and a couple days at the end in winter weather!

Bingo! :D

Is your date showing traditional dining availability? Or are you referring to a waitlist?

No, when I first went into my reservation to check it was MTD dining with the option to waitlist for the two traditional seatings. Then about an hour or so later I went back in and could pick 8:30 traditional and it's confirmed.

LOL, isn't true? I'm sure everyone else in the thread remembers the post - I'm not the only one who called you on it. So I'm not going to waste more time going back to quote it to you again.

I replied to your overreaction there, too! :)

Bingo! :D

Same here. I like walking out of FLL and feeling the heat hit me. Even better is walking out of the airport in San Juan. The heat feels to good.

I live within an easy drive to Bayonne and have not sailed once out of it nor do I care to. Start that cruise in warm weather from day one since we vacation only in the winter months!!

I live within an easy drive to Bayonne and have not sailed once out of it nor do I care to. Start that cruise in warm weather from day one since we vacation only in the winter months!!

I sail out of Bayonne all the time. Love going to Bermuda! So I have been very interested in Quantum class. Even sailing out in the winter works because it gets warm after a day. So an 11 day cruise in the winter works for me.

No, when I first went into my reservation to check it was MTD dining with the option to waitlist for the two traditional seatings. Then about an hour or so later I went back in and could pick 8:30 traditional and it's confirmed.
From your future cruise list, that looks like Feb. 2016. Am I right?