JFK airport hotel, reasonable price?

pris993

We are flying in staying one night then boarding the OM2, looking at airport hotels... so many wonder if anyone recommend any?

I looked at a new Holiday Inn for $230 a night, looked like a new hotel, so would guess clean and acceptable for one night. We usually stay at Hilton or Embassy Suites, the Hilton for one night is $400 plus which seems high for a airport hotel on a Saturday night.

We are flying in staying one night then boarding the OM2, looking at airport hotels... so many wonder if anyone recommend any?

I looked at a new Holiday Inn for $230 a night, looked like a new hotel, so would guess clean and acceptable for one night. We usually stay at Hilton or Embassy Suites, the Hilton for one night is $400 plus which seems high for a airport hotel on a Saturday night.

Just a couple months ago we did the same thing -- JFK overnight -- we stayed at the Hampton Inn for about $150/night (AAA or AARP rate). It is connected by a corridor to the Hilton, where there is a restaurant for dinner. Free shuttle to and from airport. Free breakfast at Hampton. It was very nice.

Just a couple months ago we did the same thing -- JFK overnight -- we stayed at the Hampton Inn for about $150/night (AAA or AARP rate). It is connected by a corridor to the Hilton, where there is a restaurant for dinner. Free shuttle to and from airport. Free breakfast at Hampton. It was very nice.

Great thanks.. will check it out.

I'm glad to hear that cruisers have reported back that certain properties are "acceptable". The problem with JFK airport hotels is that NYC uses these properties as emergency housing for families. Hopefully the management of these properties will not resort to having a contract with NYC in order to fill the rooms, but you never know.

I'm glad to hear that cruisers have reported back that certain properties are "acceptable". The problem with JFK airport hotels is that NYC uses these properties as emergency housing for families. Hopefully the management of these properties will not resort to having a contract with NYC in order to fill the rooms, but you never know.

I believe those are the larger hotels high story on the North side of the Belt parkway or the side opposite the Belt from JFK. There are a few newer low story (max 6) on the south side or the same side as JFK of the Belt Parkway which the two mentioned are.

I know the larger hotels devote even entire floors to homeless and even to sequestered juries (been there done that).

This is just an educated guess.

FWIW

If you aren't picky about where (location) you stay, try priceline or hotwire. We've always gotten good deals. They let you chose by star rating so you shouldn't end up in a flea bag. Just make sure you do your research on sites like betterbidding.com & are OK with the worst property in your category, kind of like booking a GTY cabin.

If you aren't picky about where (location) you stay, try priceline or hotwire. We've always gotten good deals. They let you chose by star rating so you shouldn't end up in a flea bag. Just make sure you do your research on sites like betterbidding.com & are OK with the worst property in your category, kind of like booking a GTY cabin.

Relying on the star ratings for a hotel in the JFK area isn't a good idea because of the problem with many of the larger hotels (including well-known national chains) have contracts with NY City to be used for emergency temporary housing.