Cancel a Dining or beverage package?

elcid79

Is it possible to cancel a dining or beverage package before our cruise? We are wanting to book them, but we didn't get insurance. So lets say we got sick or stuck, we would much rather not throw more money away. If we book, and then find out at the last minute that we can't make the ship is it possible to cancel them?

Cheers.

Yes, you can cancel the packages before you sail. I think you have to do it 4 days before. Or, if you find yourself cancelling the cruise any pre paid items such as beverage packages, along with port fees and taxes, will be refunded in full. If you cancel after final payment there is a schedule of how much you will lose, up to the full cruise amount.

Mary Lou

It is my understanding that the only non-refundable portion of the cost of a cruise paid to Celebrity, for USA customers, is the actual cruise fare itself. I think that any add-on items (beverages, gifts, excursions, prepaid gratuities, etc) as well as port fees and taxes are refundable.

At least that is my understanding. I've never actually cancelled after final payment date so I can't say for certain from personal experience.

It is my understanding that the only non-refundable portion of the cost of a cruise paid to Celebrity, for USA customers, is the actual cruise fare itself. I think that any add-on items (beverages, gifts, excursions, prepaid gratuities, etc) as well as port fees and taxes are refundable.

At least that is my understanding. I've never actually cancelled after final payment date so I can't say for certain from personal experience.

Lsimon, this is off topic, but I just noticed two icons under your join date information. One is a Skype link, and the other a message link.

Are these CruiseCritic supported features or something you set up yourself. The inability to send private messages to members has been discussed many times on these boards, and this is the first time I have seen a method to do this.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be willing to share.

Edited by fortinweb

Lsimon, this is off topic, but I just noticed two icons under your join date information. One is a Skype link, and the other a message link.

Are these CruiseCritic supported features or something you set up yourself. The inability to send private messages to members has been discussed many times on these boards, and this is the first time I have seen a method to do this.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be willing to share.

If you go to your profile, and EDIT DETAILS if you enter the appropriate information for these (and a few other services) the Icon's will appear in your profile.

That is also my understanding as well, directly from Celebrity. I have asked this when purchasing such items in advance (including shore excursions and beverage packages), since Travel Guard has explained to me that purchased items that are refundable if you have to cancel a trip on the day of departure are not insurable. (Put another way, if Celebrity is going to give you your money back for a pre-purchased beverage package, then your travel insurance company is not also going to "reimburse" you for the same item.)

OP: like LSimon, I've never had to cancel with Celebrity after final payment, so you should satisfy yourself by asking Celebrity when you call to purchase your dining and beverage packages.

We have personal experience with cancelling after final payment, in fact, we heard the ships whistle when pulling out from port while my DH was in the emergency room in San Diego prior to being adimtted.

We had insurance and got a refund from the insurance of the cruise fare. Celebrity refunded all pre paid items and taxes and fees. Our only cost was for the insurance but since they paid our medical deductible and part of our transportation and hotel fees we came out ahead.

We never thought we would use the insurance but buy it every time. We are truly glad that we do.

Mary Lou