Mariner of the Seas Christmas Cruise - Review

Did you stop in Langkawi or where you on the Penang trip?

Is there much to do in Langkawi?

My concern(Being first cruise,and who know's if last) has been that the ship leaves on the first arvo and then we dock every morning,at KL,Langkawi & Phuket then the sea day back to S'Pore.

If we get off every day will I have enough time on the ship to enjoy it all?

I've been thinking about skipping Langkawi or only doing 2-3 hours in Phuket.What do you think?

Thanks for the replies so far.

Ours was a 4 night cruise. Singapore - Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur) - Phuket - Sea Day - Singapore. For the reason for wanting to check out the ship, do as much as we could on board, we skipped Port Klang (good thing too, because it absolutely bucketed down and the majority of people who went ashore got drenched). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Mariner 2 years ago with a stop in Langkawi. Not much there really. The main street has the usual tacky souvenir shops and a few bars. I think the ships shorex offerings were pretty uninspiring if I recall. I took a taxi to The Westin resort and had a great day lounging on the beach

Was in langkawi on Thursday with the mariner. We got a taxi from one of the many when we got off the ship. He drove us around the island for 300ringitt. We went to cable cars, black sand beach, another beach that was spectacular but cant remember name, took us to an atv place, then to eagle bag (there are food places there plus shops) then back to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was in langkawi on Thursday with the mariner. We got a taxi from one of the many when we got off the ship. He drove us around the island for 300ringitt. We went to cable cars, black sand beach, another beach that was spectacular but cant remember name, took us to an atv place, then to eagle bag (there are food places there plus shops) then back to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Langkawi has the cheapest duty and tax free goods anywhere I got our 4 litres of good liquor (the expensive sorts like Drambui ) for peanuts and the ship held them for us until the 2nd to last day No prob;lem There were heaps of bags with the staff tying labels to each one for later dispersal