Global Entry Question

cruisedad2

Hi. We are traveling using our Global Entry for the first time. When we return to Fort Lauderdale from our cruise, can we go through Customs faster? Is there anything we need to do? Also, do we still have to fill out the Customs Card? Thank you for your help!

I've verb global entry for five years and have cruises in out out if FL at least 5 times and have yet to see a global entry line in a port or the mechanism to speed the process up.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Global Entry FAQ:

Do Global Entry benefits allow head-of-the-line privilege at U.S. airports where Global Entry kiosks are not available?

The head of the line privilege is only available at U.S. airports that have Global Entry kiosks. The head-of-the-line privilege is reserved for program members if the kiosks are out of service, if a member gets referred to a CBP officer, and at the exit points.

As there are no Global Entry "kiosks" in Crusie terminals, no Global Entry benefit applies. It is only an Airport expedited screening process.

My thought is a far larger number of people have to claim bringing goods into the country on a cruise versus flying, and anyone who declares any goods, needs a personal screen anyway, so the reality is it would be far less useful in a Crusie terminal due to the large number of pleasure versus business travelers.

Edited by cle-guy