Some Suite Questions!

We have never sailed in a suite, but we are almost definitely going be sailing in a Grand Suite onboard Oasis. I'm totally unfamiliar with everything regarding suites, so here are some questions...

Am I correct that there are reserved theater seats? Do we still need to make reservations for the shows prior to the cruise? Are there reserved seats at the Aquatheater also?

The Oasis no longer has a Concierge Club, but the Suite Lounge is essentially replacing that I assume?

I thinks thats all I have so far. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the suite lounge on deck 17 is replacing the former concierge lounge.

Here are the suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Thanks!!

I'm still a little confused about the theater seats. I know they are reserved for suites, but do they still require reservations?

Thanks!!

I'm still a little confused about the theater seats. I know they are reserved for suites, but do they still require reservations?

But you do need to know that if you show at minutes before the scheduled time, the suite seats will have been opened up to the general public.

Also, I often hear that the seats are "just okay," and there are much better seats available if you get there early enough.

If you get there 15 minutes before show time, you should be fine.

Dawn

I have not sailed Oasis with the new Concierge Lounge, but you will enjoy the suite benefits. The CL is nice for evening drinks / snacks. Prior to the new CL, you could get breakfast and lunch in the CL as well. We also would get drinks at lunch in the CL - not sure if that is offered in the new set-up. I'm looking forward to trying the new Coastal Kitchen for suite guests the next time we are on Oasis.

Reserved Theater seats are in the balcony - center section. If you like watching from the balcony, the seats are nice. The 1st row or 2 can have parts of the stage blocked by the railing. They open this reserved area about 10-15 minutes before show time so get there before that. There were also some reserved seats for the Aqua Theater shows.

You also get a private sun-deck with its own bar. This is nice to have a separate quiet area, but is not next to a pool -- believe it is on deck 17 forward (if I remember correctly). Pools are on deck 15 and you go up to deck 16 and then there is a stairway with a brown wooden gate stating the are is for suite guests only.

We liked this sun-deck for a more quiet area to sit and read. There are some nice sitting areas with cushions that are protected from the sun / wind. There are lounge chairs for getting some sun, but it is Very Windy up there. There is a bar and separate restrooms which is nice -- not as crowded.

I wish they would have a couple rows on the "stair" seating near a pool for suite guests. We enjoyed this on the Adventure last week. Nice to have suite pool seats closer to the pool.

Finally, you can get any food served in the Main Dining Room delivered to you via Room Service. This is great to enjoy a quiet dinner served in your room. We don't bring clothes for formal night se we could still enjoy the lobster in our suite as well on formal night.

Enjoy your suite!!!

Thank you for the reply. I asked because when we sailed X in a RS without any status they gave us the drink vouchers. We are now elite on X (Diamond on RCCL) so we should be good. The rest of my family, in Owners Suite and Royal Family suites will just have to watch us enjoy our comp. drinks:)

Thank you for the reply. I asked because when we sailed X in a RS without any status they gave us the drink vouchers. We are now elite on X (Diamond on RCCL) so we should be good. The rest of my family, in Owners Suite and Royal Family suites will just have to watch us enjoy our comp. drinks:)

Jewel does have a Concierge Lounge that full suite (Grand Suite or better) guests can use. So anyone in a full suite can get complimentary drinks in the CL during the evening cocktail hour from approx 5pm to 8:30pm.

Edited by clarea

When sailing the western carribean, suite beach at Labadee is very nice.

We enjoy the buffet.

Just recently they took away the free "floaties' and are now charging a fee.

Wish I could find that post about the free floaties on Labadee....

Anyone know where to look????

Thanks

Sea Ya

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

Voila. Free floats.

When we got home from our December Allure, I sent this link to RCI so if this were true, they could remove the link. I received a call from RCI telling me I had to reserve it from the concierge a day before to get it for free. Actually I thought the guy was making stuff up as he went along. So even though our concierge first told us that the website page was old and the floats weren't free, he found us a free one. RCI rep told me they are still free but they are not available on Barefoot beach without a reservation. Bunk, I say.

Edited by CruiseKeeper

I think I read somewhere recently that Suite guests can now have complimentary drinks from 11am - 11pm in the new Suite Lounge on Oasis :)

Yes, a nice benefit for suite guests, but only on Oasis so far.

I've been looking for the answer to this, but can't seem to find a recent answer.

What is the deposit amount for a GS with 3 passengers?

This FAQ assumes 2 guests per stateroom:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=426&faqSubjectName=Group+Reservations&faqId=4836

What is the menu order for Oasis Western? Is the menu order the same as Allure because I saw a set of Allure compasses from Oct, but then saw a list of Oasis' menu order and it was different. So can anyone provide the definite menu order?

OA West: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro