Specialty coffee card

kmb4567

I asked this question a couple weeks back and was told that the punches are still valid for specialty drinks, but most likely it's not still valid for free brewed coffee/hot chocolate. It seems to depend on the server if they will give you the free coffee or not with an old card.

We purchased this card on princess a few years ago and are wondering if they are still valid. We used 6 of the 10 punches and would like to use the rest on our upcoming cruise.

That must be an old card because they now have 15 punches. ;)

As 'kmb4567' posted, punches are valid for specialty coffee drinks and also for a cup of brewed coffee. If sailing on the Royal or Regal they are also usable at Gelatos for an ice cream treat.

We are leaving on 1/3/15 on Ruby. I want to buy two coffee cards. One for us (we only drink the special coffee that are per punch) and one for a friend in another cabin. When I buy them on board, do they write your name on it?

I also read that you can get ice cream with the card too, is this right?

From our experience they are valid on any Princess ship that has International coffee shop located in the atrium. We've purchased on the Sapphire, used on the Golden (twice) and plan to use again on theIsland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are leaving on 1/3/15 on Ruby. I want to buy two coffee cards. One for us (we only drink the special coffee that are per punch) and one for a friend in another cabin. When I buy them on board, do they write your name on it?

It's only valid for ice cream on the Regal and Royal at Gelato's where ice cream treats cost $2.75 but you pay only $1.50 for three scoops on the newer Grand-class ships at the International Café.

The Café Selects Premium Coffee Card only has a space for the ships name and voyage date. After losing a coffee card the next one we purchased we added our name & cabin number just in case it got lost.

Edited by Astro Flyer

As stated there is a space on the back for shop and voyage number.

Sometimes they fill it in sometimes they don't.

Thank you, and you can order any specialty coffee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any non-alcoholic specialty coffee drink & here's the link if you want to purchase in advance:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Go Hawks! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Can you use an older card purchased on other ships for ice cream on the Regal, or do you need a new card that was purchased on the Royal/Regal?

We have 5 cards with no punches because DH only drinks freshly brewed coffee so he only uses it for the coffee. If they can all be used for ice cream on the Regal we'll be very happy.

Edited by FritzG

Can you use an older card purchased on other ships for ice cream on the Regal, or do you need a new card that was purchased on the Royal/Regal?

We have 5 cards with no punches because DH only drinks freshly brewed coffee so he only uses it for the coffee. If they can all be used for ice cream on the Regal we'll be very happy.

Don't know this first hand but it seems logical that since punches are the only things officially honored between ships and voyages, they would be honored for the gelato as well.

Sure. You've paid for the card (or received it in lieu of a setup) so there's no reason why not.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know this first hand but it seems logical that since punches are the only things officially honored between ships and voyages, they would be honored for the gelato as well.

Thanks, we have over 30 punches left on the cards we have from previous cruises so we'll be in gelato heaven!