Miami hotels with free shuttles

dawnbt

There are suv cabs which should do the trick.

The only airport area hotels I'd stay are at the Blue Lagoon area. Decent chains and a few restaurants nearby.

For one night I'd stay preferably downtown close by the port.

I would look downtown and that includes:

Hampton Inn

Intercontinental

Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

Marriott Marquis

All are relatively close to shopping and restaurants and while they don't include shuttles just take a taxi. Don't limit yourself to hotels with complimentary shuttles because in the end you pay for it in the hotel price and they are not always convenient and the day you go to the ship you may wait a long time for the shuttle.

Taxis are reasonable and readily available.

Keith

We are staying at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. They have a cruise package which they will drive you to the Port the following day for a very small fee of course. Adults are free and each child is $10 for the one way transfer to the port. They also have a Restaurant on site which is very convienent as we will not be in posession of an automobile.

We stayed at the Sheraton Miami Airport, which is adjacent to MIA. They had a free airport shuttle and also offered a complimentary shuttle to POM the next morning. However it was first come, first serve so we made sure to reserve it when we checked in. We got on the 11:30 shuttle along with 6 others and were walking into POM by noon. The hotel was clean and very nice, but a bit pricey for one night (about $150 after taxes, but we paid a bit more for a golf course view and downtown Miami opposed to the airport).

Another bonus was that it was located across the street to the MIA Metro station. This is the primary reason I booked it, so we could hop on the metro and go downtown to the touristy shopping areas. I made sure to study the maps before we went but it wasn't hard to navigate at all -- if you've ever been on a subway, you'll get it easily.

We enjoyed the hotel but there are cheaper options in the nearby Blue Lagoon area. However, we found this hotel to be less expensive than downtown hotels and it worked out fine for us.

We are booked at the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area for July. I got our rooms for under $100 each. I know they offer an airport shuttle but I do not know about the POM shuttle. We will be catching the shuttle from the airport( from Thrifty Car Rental) when we return our rental car. I am honestly rethinking our rental cars this morning though :confused:Thinking a van/suv type cab would be just as easier for my 6. Good luck in finding what you are looking for!!

We are booked at the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area for July. I got our rooms for under $100 each. I know they offer an airport shuttle but I do not know about the POM shuttle. We will be catching the shuttle from the airport( from Thrifty Car Rental) when we return our rental car. I am honestly rethinking our rental cars this morning though :confused:Thinking a van/suv type cab would be just as easier for my 6. Good luck in finding what you are looking for!!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon back in March 2013 and while they don't operate their own shuttle to the Port, they contract with a company which made the trip without any stops. We were able to make our shuttle reservation upon check-in for $10/pp payable to the hotel.