Eurodam vs. Niew Amsterdam

VTcruisenut

Identical ships. If I had a personal preference, it would be Eurodam. Simply because the architecture and art collection are more to my liking.

The art collection on the Eurodam is probably one of the best in the fleet. If you don't care about either of those, flip a coin, they are the same.

I've sailed Eurodam five cruises and Nieuw Amsterdam two. They are, of course, sisters but I enjoyed Eurodam more than NA. I like the colors and art better on Eurodam but that is just personal preference. :)

Typhoon and I seem to agree. :)

As to art, Noordam and Maasdam are my favorites. Again, just personal taste.

All things being equal, the ships really are equal.

Edited by sail7seas

We have sailed on both ships.

We have sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam more times than on the Eurodam.

We are just the opposite -- we like the art work and colors on the Nieuw Amsterdam better.

Also we like the idea that the Lido Cabanas are on the starboard side -- only because it makes it easier for walking from the bow of the ship to the stern on the port side and vice versa.

If you have cruised on these two ships before and now had a chance to go on either one, which one would you choose and why?

I'd choose whichever had the most appealing (to us) itinerary. I base all of our cruises on that.....Having said that, if both itineraries were equally appealing, I would choose the NA. Haven't been on the Eurodam yet, so that may be an unfair assessment.

Edited by innlady1

I have been on the Eurodam three times and Nieuw Amsterdam once, all were charters so the selection of which ship was not an option. As has been said, they are sister ships so not much difference between them other that decor and location of the lido cabanas. I like the Eurodam's decor more that the Nieuw Amsterdam's but would be happy to sail on either of them.

ill get back to you, i was on the eurodam this april, and to go on th NA in 7 days --:):)-- iwas on the NA 4 yrs ago, but was with family, a little srtessful, so i couldnt focus much on the feel of the ship,,I just luv'ed the eurodam, sooo ill get back to you soon --:):):)

Did both of them this year. Certainly don't go for the art and on the NA we had Park West a few wks ago and I could've easily done without them.

The theme of the N.A. is NYC and I do enjoy that. Many do not like the red main dining room. I would go on either depending on itinerary but I really do enjoy the smaller ships. Did do the Prinsendam once and liked it size very much. We like to walk around ports and not ships interiors!:)