Boarding time after Conquest Miami-Ft. Lauderdale repositioning

DallasGuy75219

I'm on the Conquest, leaving on January 18 after it repositions from Miami to to Ft. Lauderdale.

Boarding passes say that embarkation begins at 4:30 pm, for 9:00 pm departure.

I know boarding for a normal cruise with a scheduled 1:00 pm embarkation usually begins around 11:00 am, but does anyone have experience with the first cruise after a ship repositions between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale (in either direction) and recall if embarkation actually started before the posted time?

I'll certainly have to check out of the hotel way before I actually need to leave for the port but would also like to minimize waiting time at the port if they're not ready to start boarding.

I'm on the Conquest, leaving on January 18 after it repositions from Miami to to Ft. Lauderdale.

Boarding passes say that embarkation begins at 4:30 pm, for 9:00 pm departure.

I know boarding for a normal cruise with a scheduled 1:00 pm embarkation usually begins around 11:00 am, but does anyone have experience with the first cruise after a ship repositions between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale (in either direction) and recall if embarkation actually started before the posted time?

I'll certainly have to check out of the hotel way before I actually need to leave for the port but would also like to minimize waiting time at the port if they're not ready to start boarding.

It appears the cruise before you comes back to Miami. I would assume they need to take 3 hours or so to get everyone off, then they need to sail to Ft L. for the boarding of your cruise, that would be my guess why they are boarding is late for your cruise.

WoW ! I'd like to know boarding time as well.

I have never been on a ship that leaves port that late in the evening! We'll be on her at the end of October and will need to make different arrangements if we can't get on board by late morning!!

This is unique to just this one sailing. Conquest is currently in Miami and will soon be headed to Ft Lauderdale instead. There is just one day where they drop off in Miami and then board in Ft Lauderdale.

We were on her a few weeks ago and I knew it was moving. I was wondering how they were going make that transition and figured it would be an overnight with time for a good deep clean or something but knew they wouldn't want to loose a days revenue for turn around!