May Deals

Although they always say earlier than ever I always find a better deal after final payment. I'm going in a short cruise soon not sailing from royal and prices just felt after final payment.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are there ever any deals for the end of May/first of June?

It has been my experience that there will be a pricing lull during the first week of May, otherwise, prices will be high in May and leading into June.

Many states start getting out of school mid-May and as soon as schools are on summer break, prices go up.

Keep watching; your may find a deal.

The problem is apt to involve school schedules. Once a substantial number of schools are out for summer break, prices are apt to rise as families book cruises. As plenty of colleges have semesters ending in May, prices might well rise by late May. If your son is on a traditional school schedule, you may be stuck shopping for cruises with other families, driving up on another's prices.

The other question: do you have to fly to the cruise port or are you within driving distance? if flying one has to balance flight costs and cruise costs. If we try to wait for a last minute bargain cruise, we often find the flight prices are high.

Good luck and early happy BD to your son.

Edited by Starry Eyes