Allure 30% OBC for specialty dining? Warning!

jhd26

We just got off Allure for the Chrismas cruise. I booked and paid for 3 central park dinners (150 Central park, Giovanni and Chops Grille) before sailing over the phone. I was told (by rep over the phone and website ad) and mislead into booking 3 dinners to get $100 OBC. Guess what? Once onboard, guest service reps told me there was no such discount program for this cruise and asked me for proof. Where the heck could I come up with any proof for something said over the phone? And I had no internet access then.

So keep some 'proof' if you are promised something on land. I have never experienced anything like this. Very disappointed.

Just replied to a post about this topic but feel it might be worthwhile to warn others as well.

Did you get the standard 20% OBC on day 2 of the sailing. This has been reported as working fine on Allure previously.

If these restaurant bookings were done after June 2014, they should qualify and you should contact post cruise guest relations and file a claim.

I did not receive the 30% promotion but did get the 20/25/30 offer, where the 30% was for 5 or more venues booked at least 4 days prior to the sailing date and after June 2014 for all future sailings.

A bit off the subject, but is the Chef's Table considered to be one of the "specialty restaurants" for this promo?

Yes, any dining venue that can be booked on your cruise planner prior to your sailing is included in the OBC offer. So, even Izumi at $0 is included and the discount or OBC is applied after your actual check is prepared, but the OBC is calculated on all prepayments.

All venues are included onboard unless they have another offer. As I got 50% on first night and formal night bookings on Oasis, they did not give me even the 20% on my other bookings, but I came out well ahead.

You might be surprised what post cruise can do, but at least you should be guaranteed of getting at least the stated 20% that is the minimum standard offer for 3 advance bookings and they do not show an exclusion for holiday sailings there.

They only state the offer is not combinable. You can not use it with a BOGO or with a travel agent promo offer, but with anything that you booked at least 4 days prior to sailing that showed on your cruise planner.

You might be surprised what post cruise can do, but at least you should be guaranteed of getting at least the stated 20% that is the minimum standard offer for 3 advance bookings and they do not show an exclusion for holiday sailings there.

They only state the offer is not combinable. You can not use it with a BOGO or with a travel agent promo offer, but with anything that you booked at least 4 days prior to sailing that showed on your cruise planner.

Thanks. When you say post cruise, is it just the reguar RCCL service phone number?

We just got off Allure for the Chrismas cruise. I booked and paid for 3 central park dinners (150 Central park, Giovanni and Chops Grille) before sailing over the phone. I was told (by rep over the phone and website ad) and mislead into booking 3 dinners to get $100 OBC. Guess what? Once onboard, guest service reps told me there was no such discount program for this cruise and asked me for proof. Where the heck could I come up with any proof for something said over the phone? And I had no internet access then.

So keep some 'proof' if you are promised something on land. I have never experienced anything like this. Very disappointed.

Just replied to a post about this topic but feel it might be worthwhile to warn others as well.

Didn't they send you a confirmation? Here is the number to Post Cruise Department 1-800-256-6649. Have your booking number handy or SeaPass Card. Have the credit card statement that you charged the restaurants to handy also.

Edited by cruisenfever

A little different circumstance but on our Brilliance cruise this month we had TA free specialty dining coupon. We were told by the TA that it would be loaded on our sea pass. About half way through dinner at Chops, the matre d asked if we had the coupon. When I said it was in the cabin, he asked if we could bring it by after dinner. The strange part is we didn't mention the coupon when we reserved the dinner so was it on the sea pass or not? Inquiring minds want to know. Anyway, we finished, the bill was zeroed out, and off to the cabin we went. We returned right away with coupon and dropped it off. On the morning of debarkation, the charge was on our bill. Down to guest services. They were very good. They called Chops and then emailed the TA but there was no way they were going to hear from the TA that early on Monday morning. They removed the charge and apologized for the inconvenience.

I've been Cruising with RCL since 1986 (Nordic Prince). I've learned over the years to bring written documentation of EVERYTHING. I print my reservations and the paid receipt. I print any OBC that I am expecting, I print any upgrades that I paid for etc. it is so much less stressful to go to GS with a printed document from RCL than to try to tell them what you should have received.

I know it shouldn't be this way, but it is. Prepare yourself and everything goes smoothly.

Edited by MACruisers

I am booked on a BOGO Sale - booked my dining over the phone and confirmed 30% SBC as I booked 6 nights. Hmmmmm.... Now I am wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just went online and looked at the multiple dining SBC promo advertisement on my cruise personalized and says nothing regarding the SBC in relation to the fare booked in cruise. So I cannot see that this would make a difference if I booked a BOGO fare - has nothing to do with online or ship purchases.

Just wondering if Rita's Fiesta is included as 1 of the specialty bookings to get the discounts?

If you are wanting to pre-book prior to a sailing and get the OBC offer the rule seems to be that the venue must be open for booking on the cruise planner for your cruise.

While Izumi is a la carte, it comes up for evening reservations on most cruise planners, with the pre-booking cost of $0. I do not think that Sabor or Rita's come up on the planner for pre-cruise bookings.

Sabor on the revitalized Oasis did count as a specialty venue onboard, but was not open for booking prior to my sailing.

I am booked on a BOGO Sale - booked my dining over the phone and confirmed 30% SBC as I booked 6 nights. Hmmmmm.... Now I am wondering.

The offer is not restricted by cruise fare. The offer is only not combinable with other dining offers.

If you use the BOGO offer from C&A and get one dinner free, you do not get the OBC or discount on top of that.

You would still qualify for the 30% with 5 bookings even if you have the 6th evening as a BOGO offer dinner.