Hertz office in Seward

teachatthebeach

I assume that you will be disembarking. The best way would be for 2 of you to stay at the terminal with the luggage and one of you walk to the rental office to pick up the car and go back to get the rest of the party.

DON

I assume that you will be disembarking. The best way would be for 2 of you to stay at the terminal with the luggage and one of you walk to the rental office to pick up the car and go back to get the rest of the party.

DON

From outside the port building you can see Hertz. Have the driver go get the car, then come back for the others and baggage.

...unless you want to have two authorized drivers, then both drivers need to go to Hertz and only one stay behind with the luggage.

...unless you want to have two authorized drivers, then both drivers need to go to Hertz and only one stay behind with the luggage.

Not sure about that. When we rent a car, they want to see my wife's drivers license. They have never asked to see my wife. Sometimes she does not even come to the counter but stays w our luggage. She has never been asked to sign anything on the rental form.

DON

A little off topic but Hertz related - can anyone confirm if the Seward office is open weekends in summer? The info page says it is but when I try to book a Saturday in June it errors out with 'the depot is not open at the time of your requested pickup'. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A little off topic but Hertz related - can anyone confirm if the Seward office is open weekends in summer? The info page says it is but when I try to book a Saturday in June it errors out with 'the depot is not open at the time of your requested pickup'. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The same thing happened to me. I called the local office directly and made a reservation. I was advised the online system does not recognize summer hours.

The same thing happened to me. I called the local office directly and made a reservation. I was advised the online system does not recognize summer hours.

Well that seems slightly ridiculous! Thanks for the advice - I will work out time zone differences and give them a call.