Hotel to port shuttle w/ toddler

K&Rs Mom

Is there any way to get to the port without a car seat? We are not planning on taking it on the ship, but if we do a park & cruise deal at a hotel the night before how do we get the toddler to the ship and leave our car at the hotel? This will be in Baltimore, if that matters. Are taxi/shuttle laws any different than regular traffic laws? My thought at the moment is to have one driver drop everyone off then go back to the hotel & ride the shuttle back to port, but that seems like a very long process....

If the hotel offers a shuttle, it will be a bus/van...they will take the child without a carseat.

It's not a long ride....and folks your parent's age never heard of car seats...and yet...here we are! Yeah, there are those that say "safety first", all the time, every time, but heck...anything can happen anywhere. I'd take the shuttle, and not worry about it.

Our experience on shuttles and buses is that many do not have seatbelts. The wisdom appears to be that the shuttles and buses are traveling at a slow speed and, since they are so large, the possibility of injury in an accident is quite small.

We did this in Baltimore with our 13 month old. The hotel shuttle was a van that they packed way too full of people. I'm talking 5 adults in a space meant for 2. I was practically sitting on my husbands lap with our toddler. Our carseat never would have fit. I would never do it again, however, as the shuttle driver was FLYING on the highway and swerving in and out of lanes, made three illegal uturns and we spent almost an hour waiting at the port when we got back for the shuttle, as everyone else who stayed at that hotel had also gotten off the ship at the same time and the shuttle only had space for a few people at a time. Four trips at 15-20 minutes each and you're looking at a long and potentially cold wait if its not summer. IMO its just not worth saving $$$.

We did this in Baltimore with our 13 month old. The hotel shuttle was a van that they packed way too full of people. I'm talking 5 adults in a space meant for 2. I was practically sitting on my husbands lap with our toddler. Our carseat never would have fit. I would never do it again, however, as the shuttle driver was FLYING on the highway and swerving in and out of lanes, made three illegal uturns and we spent almost an hour waiting at the port when we got back for the shuttle, as everyone else who stayed at that hotel had also gotten off the ship at the same time and the shuttle only had space for a few people at a time. Four trips at 15-20 minutes each and you're looking at a long and potentially cold wait if its not summer. IMO its just not worth saving $$$.

Sounds like that hotel rates a TripAdvisor review, and not a good one. I wouldn't discount using hotel shuttles...I have done it many times, just try a different hotel next time. EM