Captains' Club Elite Breakfast

Blue Lagoon

We were on the Connie for 14 days in Dec and it was ordering off a menu. I thought it quite boring and I have no interest of having liquor that early in the day. Went once but my DH did go a few times for the smoothies.

We had the Tuscan Grille on Solstice last Oct/Nov. Loved the elite breakfast. The smoothies were much nicer than room service ones, the salmon/bagels/cream cheese plates were our favourite, and the plate of fruit was really nice too.

It was a limited menu for sure, but with a location like that we thought it was worth the walk from forward on deck 10 all the way to the back. So pretty and relaxing. The service was always good too.

We'll be on Reflection in a couple of weeks, haven't yet tried the menu version but it sounds like a lot of waste. I'll reserve judgment until I've actually tried it, but doesn't sound like a change for the better. And, as mentioned above, with a drink package it's less enticing.

Can anyone explain to me why get all excited about a mini-buffet when a full buffet is upstairs on all ships already? What special things were on this amazing mini buffet that are not

a) on the full buffet

b) not on the plated menu

Does it really boil down to the cheapness of some wanting free premium drinks that can't be had at the buffet for those without beverage packages?

Seems a seated, served breakfast is far more "luxurious" than yet another buffet spread. A ture enhancement, versus all the "take-aways" people 'laundry list' off these days.

TO me anyway, the only thing that separates breakfasts is served or not. Buffet, self-serve, the new elite style, someone brings it to me. I just can't imagine why anyone would be upset about having to order off a menu or take a pre-plated mini buffet delivered to table. Who really cares about waste - it's a cruise, there is nothing but waste going on on a cruise, even in a buffet style served breakfast.

If the served mini-buret is missing something, has too little of something else you want, just ask for extras.

I rarely do breakfast, and did the elite breakfast on Summit with the 3 tiered plate service, and thought it was just cool. Just like a tea service (never hear anyone complain about the plated tea services and the waste they entail). There were a few too many pastries for me, but I just left them, I don't like salmon, so left it but enjoyed the cream cheese and bagel. ate all the fruits but the melon. Ate all the cheeses and meats.

We have enjoyed many elite breakfasts. One of the main reasons is that it is never crowded and quite quiet.

Years ago, we tried several breakfasts in the MDR and found that the service was poor and the food was not hot.

In the Tuscan, we have experienced only the buffets so far. It is to our liking because we like to choose the fruit that looks best (you know that it is not always great) and the items we wish to eat. ( a little of this and a little of that!) I would not enjoy it as much if I were restricted.

Of course, the piece de resistance is the free cappucinos!

We were on Silhouette December 14 sailing.

Went to the first breakfast in Tuscan ordered from the menu. Had to wait 30 minutes for simple order to be delivered the food and coffee were tereble left without eating and never went back. and we will not be back if they will not change it to the old system.

But maybe that what Celebrity really want do discourage using this benefit.

We'll be on Reflection in a couple of weeks, haven't yet tried the menu version but it sounds like a lot of waste. I'll reserve judgment until I've actually tried it, but doesn't sound like a change for the better. And, as mentioned above, with a drink package it's less enticing.

There was no wasted food. I ordered an OJ, bagel and cc, and a fruit smoothie and that is what I got.

We were on Silhouette December 14 sailing.

Went to the first breakfast in Tuscan ordered from the menu. Had to wait 30 minutes for simple order to be delivered the food and coffee were tereble left without eating and never went back. and we will not be back if they will not change it to the old system.

But maybe that what Celebrity really want do discourage using this benefit.

WHY would they want to discourage it? No cost savings would be involved, the menu items would simply be eaten at other venues - I don't imagine those who eat breakfast would simply decide not to eat. Large numbers of people have drinks packages, so can get the mimosas and cappuccinos anyway.

The brewed coffee is the same as served at every other venue on the ship. likely the food items as well, same as served in buffet or MDR.

recently I asked the Capatain's Host on the Eclipse about the buffet or menu. she said that Miami health inspectors wouldn't allow the buffet style becasue of the carpet. She said that they weren't about to take out the carpet in the lounge so they serve it menu syle if under 500 Elite members are sailing. They serve buffer style if over 500 because it so too labor intensive to use the menu.

This explanation didn't make any sense. Is it Miami or the state of Fl or the USA? If isn't allowed why does it matters if it is 1, 2, 100, 500 or 1000. If it is t allowed then the amount of passengers doesn't give the cruise line the right to violate it It seems as if the more passengers there are the larger the health risk.

I didn't persue it anymore or question it as another answer wouldn't be any better. I took her answer the same as asking a server how the tips are split, no one will give you the truth becasue they don't want you to know.

No matter what the answer is does it really matter? It is what it is and you won't know how it will be until after you get on board and it is just a perk that can be eliminated, changed or cut back.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Someone else mentioned that it's a point system--so X gets a violation for having a buffet on a carpet, but it's not mandatory that they change it if their other points are under control. So, beyond a certain number of elites, they'll just take the points and make sure they stay under whatever threshold they need to maintain overall.

recently I asked the Capatain's Host on the Eclipse about the buffet or menu. she said that Miami health inspectors wouldn't allow the buffet style becasue of the carpet. She said that they weren't about to take out the carpet in the lounge so they serve it menu syle if under 500 Elite members are sailing. They serve buffer style if over 500 because it so too labor intensive to use the menu.

This explanation didn't make any sense. Is it Miami or the state of Fl or the USA? If isn't allowed why does it matters if it is 1, 2, 100, 500 or 1000. If it is t allowed then the amount of passengers doesn't give the cruise line the right to violate it It seems as if the more passengers there are the larger the health risk.

I didn't persue it anymore or question it as another answer wouldn't be any better. I took her answer the same as asking a server how the tips are split, no one will give you the truth becasue they don't want you to know.

No matter what the answer is does it really matter? It is what it is and you won't know how it will be until after you get on board and it is just a perk that can be eliminated, changed or cut back.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I thought another poster said the buffet style now happens out in the lobby area outside the specialties where there is no carpet and they may have to use 2 venues for the large groups, and they do this only on US-Based cruises, where this regulation is in force.

Can anyone explain to me why get all excited about a mini-buffet when a full buffet is upstairs on all ships already? What special things were on this amazing mini buffet that are not

a) on the full buffet

Does it really boil down to the cheapness of some wanting free premium drinks that can't be had at the buffet for those without beverage packages?

Seems a seated, served breakfast is far more "luxurious" than yet another buffet spread. A ture enhancement, versus all the "take-aways" people 'laundry list' off these days.

Smoothies, specialty coffees and almond croissants all with one order. No lines and very comfortable/

a) on the full buffet

TO me anyway, the only thing that separates breakfasts is served or not. Buffet, self-serve, the new elite style, someone brings it to me. I just can't imagine why anyone would be upset about having to order off a menu or take a pre-plated mini buffet delivered to table. Who really cares about waste - it's a cruise, there is nothing but waste going on on a cruise, even in a buffet style served breakfast.

If the served mini-buret is missing something, has too little of something else you want, just ask for extras.

I rarely do breakfast, and did the elite breakfast on Summit with the 3 tiered plate service, and thought it was just cool. Just like a tea service (never hear anyone complain about the plated tea services and the waste they entail). There were a few too many pastries for me, but I just left them, I don't like salmon, so left it but enjoyed the cream cheese and bagel. ate all the fruits but the melon. Ate all the cheeses and meats.

We like to have a small breakfast - fruit, an almond croissant, juice and a cappuccino. The elite breakfast buffet fitted the bill perfectly for us with a relaxed atmosphere and no problem finding a place to sit. The upstairs buffet is too crowded and the dining room is slow and you get their choice of pastries. I will wait to pass judgement on the tiered plates, since I haven't experienced them yet.

For me it is nice having the freshly squeezed juices, croissants, smoothies, salmon, fruit, cheeses, specialty coffees, all available right there together in one place that remains open later in the morning than the main dining room.

But what I really like is the ambiance, an attractive, pleasant, quiet, uncrowded room where you just walk in and immediately have a nice, clean table set with a tablecloth right there waiting for you.

Been on "X" 43 days since Oct 1 and all were the menu. Equinox , Silhouette and Connie. Bellinis and service were good on all . Rossie, Donna , and Graeme did nice jobs .

The atmosphere is good, if you want to gorge yourself go upstairs b-4 or after the Elite breakfast.

• 1 month later...

Should I go to the Elite Breakfast?

I really don't know...

I've been Elite for a long time...About to turn "Elite Plus"...but, in all my cruises, I recall eating at the Elite Breakfast only twice.

The first time, I guess I went a little earl...my wife was sleeping in...and I found myself eating all alone...so I never went back...

Until one time a cruise or two ago when we were heading out on a tour with another couple who suggested we meet them before the tour at the Elite Breakfast...I wasn't paying much attention, but I recall it being a very limited buffet...So, we didn't go back again after that because I prefer being served a sit-down full breakfast...

But, we've got four Celebrity cruises coming up...But, then, one is the Xpedition--and there are no Elite perks on that...and two more (W. Caribbean on Silhouette and Iberia on Constellation), we are traveling with my sister and Brother-in-law and they likely won't yet be Elite--so, we might not be using this perk on those two...

BUT, this June, we are on the Millennium in Alaska...

Should we try the Elite Breakfast on that one?

What will we get that we don't get in the main dining room?

Availability of drinks?

Will they serve my favorites--like Eggs Benedict...or French Toast?

DW enjoys berries for breakfast. Never found either blackberries or raspberries at upstairs buffet. On Eclipse last spring she was able to help herself to both at elite buffet. On Reflection last November she could only order the fruit plate which contained lots of melon but only one blackberry, one raspberry and one blueberry. Was told that plates were made up ahead of time and couldn't order just berries. Also, don't have the patience to flag down server and then wait for coffee and juice refills. Prefer to just walk up and get my own. Stopped going after two days.

Should I go to the Elite Breakfast?

I really don't know...

I've been Elite for a long time...About to turn "Elite Plus"...but, in all my cruises, I recall eating at the Elite Breakfast only twice.

The first time, I guess I went a little earl...my wife was sleeping in...and I found myself eating all alone...so I never went back...

Until one time a cruise or two ago when we were heading out on a tour with another couple who suggested we meet them before the tour at the Elite Breakfast...I wasn't paying much attention, but I recall it being a very limited buffet...So, we didn't go back again after that because I prefer being served a sit-down full breakfast...

But, we've got four Celebrity cruises coming up...But, then, one is the Xpedition--and there are no Elite perks on that...and two more (W. Caribbean on Silhouette and Iberia on Constellation), we are traveling with my sister and Brother-in-law and they likely won't yet be Elite--so, we might not be using this perk on those two...

BUT, this June, we are on the Millennium in Alaska...

Should we try the Elite Breakfast on that one?

What will we get that we don't get in the main dining room?

Availability of drinks?

Will they serve my favorites--like Eggs Benedict...or French Toast?

Sorry no eggs or French toast. Food is now plated ahead of time. If I remember 4 or 5 choices. You can have more than one. They have bloody mary, sparkling wine, and special coffee's.We enjoy the breakfast, it is not crowded. Not the mayhem of the buffet. Serve has always been fast. It is the only place we eat breakfast.

Since my last post we have experienced the plated breakfast on Constellation. We were not impressed. Service was slow, and in order to get a croissant and smoked salmon (my choice of cruise breakfast) we had to order two plates, one had smoked salmon, bagel, cream cheese, tomato and capers and the other had assorted pastries. We asked if they could substitute croissants for bagels, and leave off the extra stuff but this did not seem to be possible. Getting croissants on the pastry plate was hit and miss. One time we had 2 almond croissants, which we do enjoy, but not with smoked salmon. We gave it three tries, asking for the combinations we wanted, and after that went to the buffet.

Sheila

I have been to many elite breakfasts. Only thing that we ever got to order was a drink. The food was either set up as a buffet or served on a tower of plates. No ordering what was on the tower. It was nice not to have to get up and get food from the buffet. However, the assortment of items on the tower was not the things that I really like. Has anyone actually ordered food items at the elite breakfasts? I have never seen elite breakfasts in the MDR or Qsine. Last cruise on Eclipse. it was in Tuscan. Nice view and self serve buffet. On Summit, it was in Normandie with the tower. Infinity, it was United States with the buffet. Millenium, it was Olympic. I would really enjoy a full breakfast at the elite events. Is the setup a hit or miss thing?

Some time ago Elite breakfasts were changed from buffet to a choice of several plates,, none very exciting.Still speciality coffees, smoothies and several AM alcoholic drinks. We, and I have noticed others doing the drinks and coffees, then going to buffet for any breakfast item one could wish.I dont think the predone plates have gone over well