Celebrity Memories

TeaBag

I just enjoyed the very last Celebrity chocolate that I brought home from the Millennium cruise in Asia 2013. It was the one in the purple wrapper. It was not my favorite of them all but it was especially enjoyable when it was the very last one. Yes, they kept very well and I measured them out slowly, enjoying the memories of the cruise.

Thank you Celebrity for all the good memories you have given us through our various cruises around the world. We have fond memories of the Meridian, the Zenith and the Mercury, along with the other ships that are still in the fleet.

We look forward to having more special memories from future cruises.

Happy New Year Celebrity

I have heard that there will be no more chocolates on the pillow - cost cuts :(
On another thread about the chocolates, Celebrity posted how much $$$'s in waste there was (it was thousands of pounds of chocolate a year that had to be thrown out) , because so many didn't eat them. Unfortunately, once the chocolates are put out they can not be collected and used again and must be thrown out.

On another thread about the chocolates, Celebrity posted how much $$$'s in waste there was (it was thousands of pounds of chocolate a year that had to be thrown out) , because so many didn't eat them. Unfortunately, once the chocolates are put out they can not be collected and used again and must be thrown out.

If I remember correctly, you have to fill out a form daily asking if you want the canapés delivered and at what time. Couldn't they also ask if you would like the pillow chocolates on the same form? I used to save them up and bring them home to savour at a later date.

Edited by Shelley G

If I remember correctly, you have to fill out a form daily asking if you want the canapés delivered and at what time. Couldn't they also ask if you would like the pillow chocolates on the same form? I used to save them up and bring them home to savour at a later date.
I thought about that and was going to suggest it to Celebrity, but the more I thought about it, the less I thought that was a good idea. I wondered how much they would have to stock, what happens if it is not used after a certain length of time and they have to throw it away anyway (I don't know about others, but when chocolates turns white from age, I wouldn't eat it) and then can't you imagine the complaints if they happen to run out. Think they are correct in discontinuing it and if someone wants chocolates at bedtime, they can bring it with them or purchase it in port or find something else on the ship to snack on. Edited by NLH Arizona

I just enjoyed the very last Celebrity chocolate that I brought home from the Millennium cruise in Asia 2013. It was the one in the purple wrapper. It was not my favorite of them all but it was especially enjoyable when it was the very last one. Yes, they kept very well and I measured them out slowly, enjoying the memories of the cruise.

Thank you Celebrity for all the good memories you have given us through our various cruises around the world. We have fond memories of the Meridian, the Zenith and the Mercury, along with the other ships that are still in the fleet.

We look forward to having more special memories from future cruises.

Happy New Year Celebrity

I love the picture of your little dog he looks like a cutie:)

I doubt the chocolates will be back. I didn't really intend my original post to turn into a chocolate theme thread. I was merely remembering all the things I have so enjoyed about Celebrity over the years and hoped for this to be a positive thread which it is.

Those of you suggesting that they could be ordered as the afternoon canapes may be onto a good thing. It would be great if they would listen.

As for the shelf life of the chocolates (yes, I would hate white ones too unless they were meant to be white!), the ones in the colored foil kept very well. The one I ate last night was more than 1.5 years old and I didn't see any difference in the taste....and I'm a chocolate freak.:D

I love the welcome aboard champagne - if they did away with that - I would be so disappointed. It sets the tone of "relax - vacation has started". The chocolates for me are not a big loss - I thought them not the greatest quality.

I love the welcome aboard champagne - if they did away with that - I would be so disappointed. It sets the tone of "relax - vacation has started". The chocolates for me are not a big loss - I thought them not the greatest quality.

I'm the total opposite...never take the welcome champagne, too much hassle with all the stuff I am carrying and just too excited to get on the ship , but sure do miss those chocolates