What is the onboard B2B process like?

B2Bs vary from port to port and ship to ship and week to week... In the US you almost always have to get off the ship (no need to bring luggage) and pass through Immigration. Generally the B2B group will be the last off the ship and then first on. If you want to do something in port you do not have to wait for the B2B group exit. SOMETIMES there is a seated lunch somewhere on the ship for B2Bers so that you don't have to face the Windjammer boarding day mess.

If you are changing cabins try to find your new room steward a few days ahead and ask if your new room can be made up early. Theoretically one of the stewards will help you move, but turn-around day is always hectic and we just do it ourselves. Generally you can get a valet cart, put the hanging clothes on the rack, throw the rest of your stuff in your suitcases (which should have plenty of room, since the hanging clothes are not in there), and roll to the new room. If the new room is not fully cleaned I put the clothes in the closet, set the suitcases out of the way, and wait until later to unpack (let's not confuse things any more than necessary).

Thom

What exactly is the onboard B2B process like? I know they have a meeting and you also get your SeaPass cards early. We will be in the same cabin for both sailings.

Are there any other extras or anything I need to know or prepare for?

Thanks,

Jason

I would visit Guest Services early in the first cruise and confirm you are on the B2B list. This will ensure you get your letter with details of the B2B process on that ship. As mentioned above, the B2B process can vary ship to ship and port to port.

We did a B2B last year on the Allure. The people who didn't have plans for the day met at one of the bars at a set time. We were the last people to get off the ship. We walked into the terminal, got our new SeaPass cards and got back on the ship about 15 minutes later. We had to change cabins. A couple day before the change, our cabin steward told us he had contacted the cabin steward for our new cabin and they would coordinate the move. Everything on hangers could stay on hangers. Everything else had to be in suit cases. After we got back on the ship, we lounged around and went to a free lunch at Giovanis. About 12:30 we went to our new cabin and everything was there.

If you weren't changing cabins, you did nothing but get off the ship.

If you were leaving the port area, such as taking a tour, you just did it. When you got back to the terminal, there was a table set up for people doing a B2B to get their new SeaPass cards.

During our b2b this Spring off our Transpacific over to the Hawaii sailings, we received a letter in our cabin on the meeting and lounge, we could go to guest relations from 6:30 AM to 9 AM and receive our new Sea Pass Cards then could exit the ship by 9 AM. Others waited in the MDR to receive their new cards. We were changing cabins so our clothes were moved for us but we packed up our clothes in the drawers and left on the bed. Clothes in the closet were left and moved also. Our next b2b probably will be handled differantly I am sure. We didn't go thru customs until we reached Vancouver.

What exactly is the onboard B2B process like? I know they have a meeting and you also get your SeaPass cards early. We will be in the same cabin for both sailings.

Are there any other extras or anything I need to know or prepare for?

Thanks,

Jason

Prepare to have a big smile on your face when most of the Cruisers from the first leg of your B2B are getting off the ship and you are staying on for another Cruise. Enjoy.

Edited by davekathy

If you know you are doing a b2b let your travel agent know and you can stay in your same room.

This is true if there is a room that is available, in the category you want to book, for both legs. We booked a B2B, on the Allure, for the end of November, first part of December and there weren't any available for both legs, so we will be changing rooms. No big deal.

Prepare to have a big smile on your face when most of the Cruisers from the first leg of your B2B are getting off the ship and you are staying on for another Cruise. Enjoy.

Yes, it's especially fun the evening before, when everyone is putting their bags out in the hallway, and you don't have to. :D

Enjoy!

We did a B2B on Serenade last April.

The day before, we all met at the Viking Crown Lounge and they gave us champagne and explained the process. :)

The next day, we waited until the other pax had disembarked, then we were led through immigration, turned in a customs form, and got right back on the ship.

Since I was the only one in my group to have to move cabins, I tossed my loose stuff in suitcases, and they loaded my hanging things on a rack and moved my things to the new stateroom.

Packing and unpacking was kind of a pain, but I was unable to get my original room for both legs.........and I booked it two years out! :eek:

Oh, they also gave us a nice luncheon the following day......