Chops and Portofino wine pairing questions

We're on the Liberty in April, and I noticed the options for wine pairing dinners at both Chops and Portofino. We were planning on dining at both venues more than once this trip and forgoing the MDR all together, so I'm looking for reviews on the wine pairing.

TIA:)

We did the wine dinner in Portofino on the recent Liberty TA and loved it! The food was excellent, the wine very good and the waiter presenting each course did an excellent job! He discussed each wine and was funny & entertaining. We also did it on last year's TA which was great but I thought this year's was even better.

With all the wine included, it was a very good value!:D

Sherri:)

Kteacher,

I have been trying to get info for the wine pairing dinners for our Liberty sailing. We also plan on avoiding the MD as we have in the past. Are there any menus available for both venues online?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

Unless we were totally clueless, when we ate at Chops, we were provided with a detailed descrition of the wine suggested with different entres'

I usually drink a Merlot (house brand), and DH a Zifandale.

I was introduced to a wine that was "clear" and really enjoyed it with my steak.

I should have wrote the name down, because after 2 1/2 glasses I dont remember much of anything (cheap date).

He was very kind, and the cost was not "Over Kill", Probably would not had done it at home.

Sea Ya

We did the wine dinner in Portofino on the recent Liberty TA and loved it! The food was excellent, the wine very good and the waiter presenting each course did an excellent job! He discussed each wine and was funny & entertaining. We also did it on last year's TA which was great but I thought this year's was even better.

With all the wine included, it was a very good value!:D

Sherri:)

I was wondering about the amount of wine served. Is it a glass of each type or do they refill the glass often. We did the Chefs Table last year and they poured as much as you could drink LOL

I was wondering about the amount of wine served. Is it a glass of each type or do they refill the glass often. We did the Chefs Table last year and they poured as much as you could drink LOL

You are right. It was bottomless for our favorites each time at Chefs Table each time on the Allure. Will sure miss it on the Liberty. I don't know if the caliber of wine will be the same though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app