Scrapbooking Inspiration!!!!

shealea

AspenRed..

2 Backstreet cruises! You lucky gal. I wish I didn't work in a school. I would be there. Went to a concert this summer, they were amazing!

Sorry to Hijack.

Vicki

It was so much fun. Got a lot of interaction with them. I think they are doing one in 2016. Maybe it will be in the summer and you can go. Glad you enjoyed their concert.

I scrapbooked my first cruise to Alaska in 2013 and it took two scrapbooks. I did it when the post trip blues hit and it allowed me to relive all of the great things I saw and did. I am thinking about doing an electronic book after my 2015 Alaska cruise. What companies are the best and easiest to use?

Greetings, fellow scrappers. Working on a Caribbean cruise album while waiting for a snow storm to cross the border and make everything clean and white. We have had very little snow this winter and would have been happy if it stayed that way. Our worst storms come up through Pennsylvania and Ohio.

I have completed five albums which were all given away and haven't completed a single one for me. How sad is that! LOL! The cruise album is from our first cruise in 2006 so I am waaaaaaaay behind. I really need to feel I have accomplished something so am trying to incorporate using the sleeves holding multiple photos (have had those forever) and also bought some of the Project Life stuff to see if that helps. We have also had a lot of LSS close so glad I have quite a stash of supplies. Just have one friend close by who scraps but she is so busy with grandkids that we hardly get together. I also find it hard to pack up and go to a crop to work on layouts because I have so much stuff and find it difficult to decide what to take. One time, I tried making kits but invariably what I wanted was still at home. Crops seem to be time for me to socialize so don't accomplish much but it is a lot of fun to connect with other like-minded women and see what they are working on. The internet is also a source for inspiration.

Anyway, I hope this thread keeps going.

Sandy :)

I scrapbooked my first cruise to Alaska in 2013 and it took two scrapbooks. I did it when the post trip blues hit and it allowed me to relive all of the great things I saw and did. I am thinking about doing an electronic book after my 2015 Alaska cruise. What companies are the best and easiest to use?

I like Smilebox for 12x12 electronic pages. Then I send them to Costco to be printed! They come out great. Here are a couple of my pages from last year's "cruise of the selfies". I did the layout on Smilebox, which you can either pay for (to get extra choices) or use for free (limited selection).

1349039001_page1.jpg.276359f4dda7d7e031d39af2f61a22e4.jpg

1575648925_page11.jpg.8dbf6a45ff84e17fb62e60eeb2fd6fb6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

AspenRed and Fergus - I like your idea of using Project Life in with my regular scrapbooking. I had not thought of that. I love the project life cards and style.

That would save me a ton of time! I have PL cards, just no pages to put them and pics in. I think I will check out ordering them!

Minnesotamamafish - I'm glad you've been able to get inspired/motivated here! It's really so much fun to visit with others about a hobby you love!

That's why I wanted to keep this topic alive -- it's fun to hear others' ideas on scrapbooking and what they are doing. So much fun to hear about others' cruises.

And we can help to keep other motivated to finish our scrapbooks.

Does anyone have any cruise coming up soon? Not me!

Northern Light - When I used to go to crops, I also had a hard time deciding what to bring! I usually brought way too much and didn't use a lot of what I brought. ha! But I always worried I would want something I had left at home!!! he,he

Northern Light - When I used to go to crops, I also had a hard time deciding what to bring! I usually brought way too much and didn't use a lot of what I brought. ha! But I always worried I would want something I had left at home!!! he,he

Isn't that the way! You made me laugh! Glad to know I'm in good company.

I am trying to use the sleeves like Project Life in a cruise album I'm working on. Do find that it still takes planning but it sure helps in using pics that don't require a special layout but are still ones wanted as a remembrance.

AspenRed and Fergus - I like your idea of using Project Life in with my regular scrapbooking. I had not thought of that. I love the project life cards and style.

That would save me a ton of time! I have PL cards, just no pages to put them and pics in. I think I will check out ordering them!

I found some page protectors at Walmart that fit with the PL cards.

I'll try to post some pics, where I used Project Life in my scrapbook.

I have a cruise for the Baltics. But not till june 2, 2016. I really want to get back to scrapbooking but right now just way to busy and when I do have time I just want to relax. Guess I'm just being lazy. This summer going to Washington DC with my sons Senior Class so I will have that to do if I ever get Alaska done.

Sprint - A Baltics cruise sounds wonderful. You DO have a long time to wait! It sure gives you something fun to think about and look forward to!

And a trip to Washington DC sounds great! We've never been there, but i hope to get there one day!

• 3 weeks later...

DC is such a fun place to visit. So much to see and do. Living in Pa, I think we take for granted how lucky we are to be in driving distance of so many places. We try to do a day trip to DC once or twice a year. I am also fortunate enough to have a bunch of scrapbooking stores here in central Pa. Once I start a project, that is usually all it takes to keep me motivated, but if I hit a lull, usually a trip to one of the places for just a few new sheets of paper, is all it takes to get me inspired again.

There are no scrapbook stores around here anymore. I order mostly off of amazon. Close to my Heart also.

Our DC trip is a 4 or so day trip and it is full from morning to night so we will have plenty of pics. But only a sampling of everything. There are only 11 kids and 7 parents going so we should make pretty good time at the stops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I have been scrapbooking for 16 years, travel about 6-7 months of the year but when I am home my "full time" hobby is scrapping. I am currently working on our 68 day Grand Voyage of South America and Antarctica 2015. I have three post bound, top loading albums so far with about 2 weeks of the cruise left to do. I, long ago, gave up on using special theme related albums and papers. I use paper I have and embellish with some theme items.

Happy scrapping.

My Mom has scrapbook each of her cruises and I'm already collecting the paper and embellishments for our cruise in August.

On top of that Mom is making little scrapbooks to give to whomever or on the cruise. My sister did this for her cruise. 5 pages, double sided, so people can put their photos, whatever in them after their cruise. I'm making going to make some myself I think.

Although I prefer to make the albums by hand I have gone to shutterfly for my albums for cruises. That way I can order 6 copies and give to each of my kids that go with me. I also Like to use large pics in my albums and would hate to order each one for that many albums. My patience would be gone and I would never get it done but....as I said I would prefer the hand made ones so good for you!

Heading out next weekend on cruise so will be looking for interesting photo shots and things to include.......

Confession: Still have 2 or 3 Disney trips to do. Did two and then got a bit "tired" of the theme so decided to take a break. In the meantime we straightened out the downstairs, moved my mom in and now I can't find the books and some of my tools (was in a tote)....... I hope it turns up because I had three CM albums, etc in there and we can't get them anymore.....

My Mom has scrapbook each of her cruises and I'm already collecting the paper and embellishments for our cruise in August.

On top of that Mom is making little scrapbooks to give to whomever or on the cruise. My sister did this for her cruise. 5 pages, double sided, so people can put their photos, whatever in them after their cruise. I'm making going to make some myself I think.

What a wonderful and thoughtful idea.

I have found my people. I can't believe I never noticed this scrapbooking thread. I'm leaving on a Alaska cruise on Tueasday, May 12 and I have my camera and spare batteries ready. We get back on May 22 and that night I go to a crop at Scrapbook Island in Los Gatos. I'm starting on my cruise album that night. I'm so excited.

Wow what a fabulous board!

I love scrapping and have done many books. I have done them with paper and some with Shutterfly. Lately it has been more Shutterfly that by hand.

My last big book I didn't put in an album, instead I got a memory box from Michaels and used that. The "book" had about 100 pages to it. It was a family history book and went back 5 generations so it was pretty intensive. It took me about 3 months of working on it all the time to finish it.

My last cruise that I did a page on was just a large 16X20 collage for my granddaughters since they were on the cruise with us. I made it with Shutterfly and they just loved it.

We have 2 grandsons graduating high school next month so I will be making a book for each of those trips.

Going on a quick 3 day cruise this week and having been on this ship and on this same cruise there probably won't be a lot of pics taken.

Our cruise in Nov. is a 10 day to the Panama Canal so that will have a lot of pages to it.

Right now I have put my scrapping on hold because I have been babysitting my granddaughters a lot and trying to get my sewing caught up.

Hope everyone has a great scrapping week,

Gerry