Lost item

Jerlyn

If you think you may have left an item in your cabin is there any way to contact someone to find out.

Thanks you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call Princess lost and found dept.

I would also send an email to customer relations @ Princesscruises . com no spaces

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You need to fill out a lost item report and fax or mail it to Princess. They say it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get your item back, if ever.

I left my iphone charging in our cabin on the 12/4 Caribbean Princess sailing. Didn't realize I didn't have it until after we checked in and went through security at the airport. I tried calling Princess lost and found and had no luck getting through. Left a detailed message and have yet to receive a call back. Faxed the lost form I found on their website and am now playing the waiting game. I am not holding my breath.:(

Just an FYI for those reading this, it's a good idea to bring Ziploc bags and place your items in the bags before putting them in the safe. The safe is dark inside and it has a lip, making it very easy to lose small items.

:) Pam

The passenger services desk was less than helpful in finding DH's car key on the Caribbean Princess last week. He thought he had left it in the safe. It's one of the Toyota keys that is a small black square--not a typical key shape.

We had to change cabins from one cruise to the next. It seems to me that the cabin stewards should check the safes after every cruise and turn in anything to passenger services. And then passenger services should have checked with the new occupants in the cabin when someone reports losing something. But none of that happened. On the last day of our second cruise, DH knocked on the cabin door. The husband was sleeping, so the wife told him to come back in 15 minutes when he'd be awake getting ready for dinner. The key was underneath the lip of the safe. From now on, I'll be bringing some large ziplock bags for the items we put in the safe.

We have found diamond rings twice in our safe. One mans one woman's. We turned them into pursers but I had to say, wouldn't you like to know the cabin number? Very uninterested in our find.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We have found diamond rings twice in our safe. One mans one woman's. We turned them into pursers but I had to say, wouldn't you like to know the cabin number? Very uninterested in our find.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That is disappointing, but sounds very normal for most cruise lines. I can't understand how difficult it would be to put a process in place that is more effective for returning lost/forgotten items to the rightful owners. Seems like they could just have a weekly shipment to home office for items along with the room # and date found or something. Then home office could reconcile easily through a database to match a large % of those who have claimed a lost item. Oh well.

We left a camera in the Club Fusion during a trivia game on the last night, and did not realize until we got home. (Sailed on Caribbean Princess from Houston last year)

We submitted the lost and found form that they sent us, and received a phone call from Princess in about 3 weeks that they had the camera. They gave us the choice of paying to have it Fedexed back to us at our expense, or they would send in via USPost Service for free.

We had the camera in hand via the Post Office the next week.

We live in Houston, so the camera made the round trip to California on its own.

Lil

Last Spring, on a cruise on another cruise line, I noticed something on the inside top of our safe, but paid little attention. About the 3rd day, I reached up and pulled on it, wondering what it was. I realized it was magnetized and stuck to the top of the safe. It was a mans magnetized, leather money clip with a work ID, Drivers license and credit cards. I, of course, immediately turned it in at guest services, praying that it was returned to the owner. The suggestion of bringing zip loc baggies to put your items in, in the safe, is a great one. Thanks!!

Pam in CA is right on. My wife left a nice and sentimental watch in our safe in our suite on the CB. It slipped inder that darn lip but we didn't realize it until after we left.

We called Princess one day after disembarking, filled out and faxed in the proper form (including very specific instructions as to what it was, in which cabin, and where in the safe it was), and no luck. They said it couldn't be found.

So we figure the next people in our cabin now have a nice ladies watch they figured was a "finders keepers" gift to them...