Diamond status upgrade on B2B

Just wondering if RCL would be able to recognize that we would qualify for Diamond status on the second leg of a B2B we are scheduled for , in November 2015. We are Emerald now and will just hit 80 points at the end of the first cruise. Has this occurred for anyone? Who would I contact in advance/ or on the ship to make it happen?
Thanks

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

[quote name='bananawindnj']Just wondering if RCL would be able to recognize that we would qualify for Diamond status on the second leg of a B2B we are scheduled for , in November 2015. We are Emerald now and will just hit 80 points at the end of the first cruise. Has this occurred for anyone? Who would I contact in advance/ or on the ship to make it happen?
Thanks
[/quote]
Talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. They may extend Diamond perks to you for the second cruise.

This happened to me a little over a year ago. What you have to do is to speak to the loyalty ambassador as soon at you board the first leg. It will not happen automatically.

Be prepared for some glitches, but perhaps it will be easier going from Emerald to Diamond than it was for me going from Diamond to Diamond Plus. The Seapass card was an issue for me - it opened my cabin, but not the Concierge Lounge. They changed it to open the CL, and I couldn't get in my cabin. Ended up with two cards. There could also be a problem with the coupons - it took us 45+ minutes to get the specialty restaurant BOGO processed.

But bottom line is that you can get it done.

As Bob suggested talk to the LA. This should not be an issue to get the correct on board perks. We did not have any luck in the same situation (platinum to Emerald) of getting the increased balcony discount applied.

On our last cruise we actually turned diamond on the last day of the cruise. The LA was great as I booked a couple of cruises at the start of the cruise and she had C&A process them with the diamond balcony discount saving me from having to call in and get them adjusted a week later once our points posted.

[quote name='bananawindnj']Just wondering if RCL would be able to recognize that we would qualify for Diamond status on the second leg of a B2B we are scheduled for , in November 2015. We are Emerald now and will just hit 80 points at the end of the first cruise. Has this occurred for anyone? Who would I contact in advance/ or on the ship to make it happen?
Thanks

from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

see the loyalty ambassador while on board the first leg. chances are you will get a sticker for the second leg with all your new perks and access to DL for the second. it does normally take about 7-10 days for points to hit your account, but the Ambassador can override that immediately.

We went from emerald to diamond on the second leg of our last b2b.
I visited the la on the first day of the second cruise who as soon as I gave her my name said she had just done our upgrade and to go down to the guest services to have our new cards issued. No probs at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums