New Policy of Up Grades

LEESRE

With the new Azamara policy of upgrading people, if there are cabins available, and you are at a certain level in their Le Club frequent traveller.

My question is has anyone managed to have an upgrade, if so when and how did you learn about it.

There were some posts a while ago about filling in the forms once booked, but you never got back a reply to say that they had received it.

Just wondered.

Thanks

We were upgraded from a Club Continent to a Club World Suite in November. I was never contacted by Azamara but I happened to check my reservation page two weeks before departure and saw that the cabin number was different from the luggage tags I had received.

Somewhere in an earlier post to a similar thread I read that Azamara will contact you a few weeks before the cruise (I think not earlier than 3 or so) to tell you if an upgrade is available because it then will have to be paid for.

Personally I think that the generous upgrade policy "for free" will have an end because of the new rules. We were very happy in November to have got an upgrade to a balcony cabin instead of the OV we booked, but I'd be very willing to pay for better cabin if the offer was good in regard to location etc.

I believe that they are not sending out confirmations when you fill in the form online.

But if you send an emails to Le Club Ambassador she will confirm if they received the form duly filled in. This is what happend to us.

I think that initially they were not sending confirmations but then started to when the complaints started.

I did not apply until on or around Nov 24th and received confirmation on the 24th. I did apply online. Your results may vary.

Let's see if my effort a couple of months ago even has a chance of paying off. Unlike some have stated on this thread, we never received confirmation from LeClubVoyage that they had received our application for the upgrade offer for our cruise in Sept 2016 on the Quest. I just now sent an email to LeClubVoyage asking whether they had received it so that it could be put in a queue. If they didn't, all hope is lost.

Well not exactly lost. We'd just have to suffer with our veranda cabin that was already a "free" upgrade. But something better for $398 - you bet.

We were very lucky on our last cruise in October last year. We booked on the 'free cabin upgrade or $1000 OBC' offer and chose the $1000 OBC and booked an OV cabin. 2 weeks before the cruise we got an email informing us of a change of cabin and it was a Veranda cabin! We were delighted!

We had to upgrade on our cruise because our cabin was below standards. No free upgrade was that. How some people get a free upgrade and others have to pay for it, is still something we do not know. We are Discover Plus members.

Edited by travelberlin

Please can someone confirm. If you are offered an uprade can you refuse it or will you be upgraded & billed anyway.

When we first booked the form wasn't available & I've jst seen this post & found http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/stateroom-upgrade but the form says

"By submitting this request, you are committing to pay $398 USD per stateroom if an upgrade becomes available. If available, you will be upgraded from Club Interior to Club Oceanview, Club Oceanview to Club Veranda, or Club Veranda to Club Continent Suite accommodations."

Actually $398 to get a suite (from a balcony) would be pretty good! :)

Please can someone confirm. If you are offered an uprade can you refuse it or will you be upgraded & billed anyway.

You'll be notified prior to sailing if an upgrade is available and a request for payment will be made. If you don't make the payment and/or advise you don't want the upgrade then the offer lapses.

Phil

When we first booked the form wasn't available & I've jst seen this post & found http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/stateroom-upgrade but the form says

"By submitting this request, you are committing to pay $398 USD per stateroom if an upgrade becomes available. If available, you will be upgraded from Club Interior to Club Oceanview, Club Oceanview to Club Veranda, or Club Veranda to Club Continent Suite accommodations."

Actually $398 to get a suite (from a balcony) would be pretty good! :)

It may helps if you post positive reviews and say the right things on social media.

The terms for paid upgrades were posted clearly some time ago, it goes on date of application and level of loyalty, no connection to reviewing on sites, I've never heard of anyone being upgraded based on published reviews - are you saying you were or are you asserting someone else was?

• 2 months later...
I believe that they are not sending out confirmations when you fill in the form online

But if you send an emails to Le Club Ambassador she will confirm if they received the form duly filled in. This is what happend to us.

I filled the form in and submitted it online for our two booked cruises this and next year and got an email acknowledging receipt of them the following day.