At Freedom Terminal Now: Debacle

I'm not sure, biut I got the impression that the screening area near the center doors was some sort of priority deal.

It was in May. When you crossed the street from the parking lot to the terminal, if you went left you were in the regular line, but if you went right there was a D, D+, Pinnacle, and Suite priority entrance.

Thanks to some people ignoring the 3:30pm deadline in Cozumel, we had to leave 1.5 hour later than scheduled. That was really crummy and inconsiderate of those people since we were already on a very tight schedule due to the propeller issue. We also had 50mph winds going back to Florida from Mexico, so we arrived later than scheduled this morning. That's why the boarding was delayed as well. Also, people with flights to catch had to call their respective airlines and most of their flights were delayed affecting hundreds of airline passengers too. Again, thanks to those people getting back late onboard in Mexico....

Other than that, we had a great trip! Good luck with yours. :)

Thanks to some people ignoring the 3:30pm deadline in Cozumel, we had to leave 1.5 hour later than scheduled. That was really crummy and inconsiderate of those people since we were already on a very tight schedule due to the propeller issue. We also had 50mph winds going back to Florida from Mexico, so we arrived later than scheduled this morning. That's why the boarding was delayed as well. Also, people with flights to catch had to call their respective airlines and most of their flights were delayed affecting hundreds of airline passengers too. Again, thanks to those people getting back late onboard in Mexico....

Other than that, we had a great trip! Good luck with yours. :)

I really wish the cruise lines weren't so soft on people like that nowadays. Once upon a time you'd see lots of those sorts being left behind. It seems that the ships are more willing to wait now.

I can understand when it's some sort of emergency or unforseen circumstance. But when the offending guests are wearing balloon hats and/or hobbling down the pier with huge doing bags, there's just no excuse for waiting on them.

They probably wouldn't have waited for the stragglers if they were just a handful, but my guess is that it was more in the hundreds. Boarding deadline was 3:30. At 4:30 my husband and I were watching a steady stream of them from our balcony leisurely strolling back to the gangway. We arrived an hour late to PC, which might not sound that bad, but it was enough to cause a domino effect and apparently give the new passengers a poor start on their vacation. :(

We just got off that sailing and were told that they would have left the lady behind but she had minors onboard the ship. It's royals policy not to leave the parent behind if the kids are onboard.

Super annoying for the rest of us ...

I asked if they fine people for being late but the cruise director staff that I asked, did not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off that sailing and were told that they would have left the lady behind but she had minors onboard the ship. It's royals policy not to leave the parent behind if the kids are onboard.

I asked if they fine people for being late but the cruise director staff that I asked, did not know.

They should put her on the no sail list.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A mother leaves her kids on the ship and then is late getting back to the ship? That is awful! Did she know that they wouldn't leave her, or was she even concerned that they might leave her and her kids were on board? Mother of the year award right there! Geez!!

Annoying for sure that the ship had to wait for that mother, but I think that there are a few circumstances that probably make it difficult - their is the time change situation in Cozumel I believe and the Freedom has reduced port hours still? So maybe she was just confused about the return time...

I do think it's a reasonable policy for RCCl not to leave if the children are on board but their parents are missing - I think that would be an entirely bigger and more newsworthy story they would have on their hands if they left!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure, biut I got the impression that the screening area near the center doors was some sort of priority deal.

That use to be the priority boarding entrance. I'm not sure if it still is. The last time we were on Freedom, the line was so short at the regular doors we entered there.

That use to be the priority boarding entrance. I'm not sure if it still is. The last time we were on Freedom, the line was so short at the regular doors we entered there.

It still is. On all 3 of my cruises out of Port Canaveral, including the Enchantment Christmas cruise 2 weeks ago (dining service disaster, but that is for another thread) and Freedom in August, it was for Suites, and C&A Diamond and up.

Although for the Christmas cruise, I walked right in through that entrance with nothing but my passport, skipping the main line. I had returned the rental car, but my wife took the kids inside through security without me. We were staying in a JS, so I wasn't cheating, but they didn't ask for anything other than my passport.

I don't believe the story of the mother and her kid being the reason. As I mentioned earlier, one hour after the 3:30pm deadline, there were still a couple of hundred passengers straggling in at a leisurely pace. I watched them from our balcony.

With that many people late and walking in together I would suspect hat it was a RCI sponsored shore excursion that was late and the ship waited for them. could have been the ruins tour on the mainland.