Interior Cabin with Picture Window (Obstructed)

djcass4199

This might be a dumb question, but after trying a Google search, I figured I'd ask the community.

Can anyone describe to me what you get in terms of window/view with an interior cabin with picture window? Is it an actual window but just looks out on some lifeboats or is this something else? Does anyone have a picture?

We are looking at a cruise on Carnival Sunshine and were curious about these staterooms. Thanks all!

It is basically a Camera on the outside of the ship, that projects an image on a large screen in your room.

That's probably the simplest explanation.

Edited by GUT2407

This might be a dumb question, but after trying a Google search, I figured I'd ask the community.

Can anyone describe to me what you get in terms of window/view with an interior cabin with picture window? Is it an actual window but just looks out on some lifeboats or is this something else? Does anyone have a picture?

We are looking at a cruise on Carnival Sunshine and were curious about these staterooms. Thanks all!

If you are referring to the porthole cabins, you do get 2 portholes for the price of an inside cabin. IMO the tradeoff is the location. You will be all the way forward and will likely experience more ship movement which can be problematic if you get into any swells and are prone to motion sickness.

Personally I would rather have a standard inside cabin than a porthole inside cabin because of the location.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=658&category=PT

I don't think it's any of the above. I think it's those cabins that are high up and all the way forward that has the walkway in front of the window.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have a winner!

These are the cabins that look out onto the 'secret decks', You will get a view of the sky (light!) and the walkway outside your window (it has a solid wall below the railing so you can't see through it). ou can access the walkway from a door in the hallway. Beware though, people can and will be walking past your window - you will probably want to keep your curtains closed some of the time ;)

Maybe OP needs to clarify just which one they are talking about, so far three answers all talking about 3 different possible types of cabin?:confused:

The room type is called interior cabin with picture window (obstructed view). Some are on Lobby deck 3 all the way forward.

I had an obstructed view on the Destiny (Sunshine) and I was looking through lifeboat machinery below the lifeboats.

Yes, looking at the deck plan, I see there is this type also. Both this type and the cabins up front behind the walkways are 4 J Interior with Picture Window.

We have one of these cabins (4J) booked on the Liberty in May. In our case, the cabin is located directly under the Bridge and the window looks out onto the walkway for the "Secret Deck" This is the first time we have booked this particular type of cabin after a couple of interiors and a balcony. It gives us the option to see the weather and ship location outside without having to be on Deck 1 or 2.

My daughter had been in a 4J cabin. It is as located in the very front looking straight out front. Her PvP told her its a secret to cruising that they don't want you to know! They LOVED it. Whomever posted you just go out into the hall and out a door to a walkway was correct! You pay for an interior but actually get a small balcony or so they tell you. Not sure balcony is what it really is nor not. We just had this type of room booked. for our Feb 7 cruise. Due to a sale we upgraded to a balcony and got $108 back so I won't get to experience it this time. I plan on checking it out.

Go to ********************. Carnival Triumph 4j's are 9201,9202,9203. Also some on deck 7 and 6. You can see some good pictures there. I have a ton but don't know how to load them on here...

The Spirit Class ships also have these. Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle.

Category 4K, most have French Doors but the furthest most aft ones have picture windows. Deck 4, views are obstructed by lifeboats.

Edited by SadieN