Quantum of the Seas: Definitive Ship Tour

For those that may not have seen my previous Grandeur, Labadee, or Falmouth tours I try to film complete ship/port tours when I take a vacation. I sailed on the inaugural and the 11 night southern Caribbean sailings of the Quantum of the Seas and did a ton of filming. This time I went in with the intent of doing this tour and filmed it while in San Juan, St. Maarten, and late at night. I'm happy to announce that the Quantum of the Seas tour is finally here! It took a lot of battling to get it available but it's now ready. Based on feedback I received on my other thread I've split it into two parts, the lower decks and the upper decks, so that it's easier to watch rather than a single video. It is a lengthy one, but the Quantum is a huge ship. Just like the previous tour videos it uses the A>C, B>D, C>E panning approach along with some walk throughs for certain venues where it was more suitable. The entire thing of course has the nice you are here marker on the deck plans so that at any given moment you can tell where in the ship you actually are. Hope everyone enjoys it and please share the link around.

Complete Ship Tour Playlist:

If you don't want to use the playlist here are the individual parts.

Part 1: Lower Decks and Life Boat Deck

6kAqPXWin7U

Part 2: Upper Decks, Outside, and Main Elevators

QZU8tYV-dOg

If your interested in more Quantum of the Seas information be sure to check out my review thread where I've been posting all my photos and videos (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45148766). There is a total of over 11,500 photos (http://picasaweb.google.com/dmpicone/) and once complete the video series will be roughly 18-20 hours (

)! I'll also have theCruiseView coming up with 19 episodes, each featuring daily cruise compasses, a "daily dine" dining segment, a daily venue tour, and several interviews.

Thanks very much for making these vids... Brings back good memories of our 12/1 sailing (we're one of the few that sailing that actually enjoyed QOS) :D

Great job!!!

Glad you like them. I loved my 12/1 sailing as well. Wish I could say the same about the 11/23 sailing, but the 12/1 was incredible!

Glad you like them, hope you enjoy your trip! Things should be running much smoother. They seem to be improving by leaps and bounds every sailing. A few hiccups over the holidays when they were at max capacity, but they'll be back to a more reasonable capacity when you sail.

Nice work!

Anyone who has done just basic video editing and assembly knows the effort it takes to produce something that is just more than a collection of videos.

As with anything, seeing the efforts of skilled individuals is a treat.

Brilliant videos. Just one question though.......how have you managed to edit out nearly all the passengers?!!:)

lol, magic! A lot of work, with 19 days I expected it to be easy to film, but it turned out to actually be rather difficult to find a time that no one was around. Unlike many other ships where everyone is walking to different areas and decks to do things, everything is very well laid out so all the dining, shopping, and entertainment (evening activities) are on decks 3-5. All the active venues (day time activities) are on deck 14-16. As a result at almost all times people are around. I did most of my indoor filming while docked in San Juan and St. Maarten while most were ashore or at the pool. No matter how hard I tried though, i could not get the pool empty during the day. Even in ports or poor weather people were still around so those were filmed about 3am. Everything is empty after 3am, lol.

lol, magic! A lot of work, with 19 days I expected it to be easy to film, but it turned out to actually be rather difficult to find a time that no one was around. Even in ports or poor weather people were still around so those were filmed about 3am. Everything is empty after 3am, lol.
That's what I call dedication, well done!