Just Back from the Getaway..... I met BONG!

dustball

I sure hope that Bong will still be working for NCL and onboard Getaway in Jan 2016, we have raved so much about our experiences in Sugarcanes last April to our friends that we'd love them to see Bong "in action" too. :D

Edited by Demonyte

I sure hope that Bong will still be working for NCL and onboard Getaway in Jan 2016, we have raved so much about our experiences in Sugarcanes last April to our friends that we'd love them to see Bong "in action" too. :D

Pretty sure he's going to the Escape. He's part of the start up crew.

Future cruisers: If you prefer sitting outside to drink, go see the Chocolate Cowboy on the flip side (Sugarcane has an inside and outside area)! Agree that Sugarcane is easily the best bar on the Getaway, though we really enjoyed O'Sheehan's, too.

Sorry I'm late for this thread. Bong is great! Always entertaining. He said to find his facebook page to look Bong Fernandez. We'll have get find exactly which one from him, nest time. There are ton out there, and none for Jonathon.

By the way, Lorelie works the same bar. She makes good jalapeno mojito's( which are on the mojito tasting that Bong does) and is really personable too. She made one, and tried 4 times before she found hot enough peppers to her liking, to serve it to my wife. According to my wife. PERFECT!

Sorry I'm late for this thread. Bong is great! Always entertaining. He said to find his facebook page to look Bong Fernandez. We'll have get find exactly which one from him, nest time. There are ton out there, and none for Jonathon.

By the way, Lorelie works the same bar. She makes good jalapeno mojito's( which are on the mojito tasting that Bong does) and is really personable too. She made one, and tried 4 times before she found hot enough peppers to her liking, to serve it to my wife. According to my wife. PERFECT!

Try this one:

https://www.facebook.com/bong.fernandez.54

Lorelei is AWESOME!! We enjoyed spending time at the Sugarcane when she was bartending!! We always seemed to miss Bong.

I loved Lorelei. She was the bartender in the martini bar on the epic in April - then on my august and October getaway cruises. She was the best. Wasn't a huge fan of Bong but maybe my expectations were too high. Different stokes for different folks.

• 2 months later...

He may not be. He's off for a couple of months before he said he comes back to the Sun for a couple months. Then he moves to the Escape when it starts cruising in October. So if he comes back in July, I'll thinking he may be gone, but it's a close call. Hope you get to see him again. We've already scheduled a cruise on the Escape for December, partly to see him again.

Sorry. Unfortunately, Lorelie will be off too. She doesn't come back to the Getaway until July. you may still be able to meet the chocolate cowboy though. He works at the outside bar by the mojito bar. By his name, you can't miss him. He's not as entertaining as Bong, but still really personable.