Convince me to set sail on this ship

MMfan14

Considering sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas sometime in 2016 on the 8 day Bahamas out of Baltimore and wanted to get some feedback on past cruisers who have sailed on this ship and what to expect on this ship (entertainment, food quality,etc). Wife and I have done multiple cruises on Carnival and Disney. We sailed mostly out of Port Canaveral because in laws live right there, but we don't fly so a 3 hour drive vs a 17 hour drive come into play. Our stateroom preferences are oceanview, so any deck info on that would help.

Smaller, but that has its advantages. The staff have a chance to get to know you and your preferences better and not tons of walking. The biggest attraction for us is the close proximity to home....less than an hour. To eliminate two full days of PITA airport headaches is a big plus. Food has been very good, entertainment is about 75% good in our opinion and your standard Crown & Anchor receptions, Love & Marriage gameshow and The Quest are always entertaining.

Just sailed this itinerary on Grandeur over Thanksgiving - see link in my signature for review. Overall, we had a great cruise although we missed Key West due to strong winds. We have never sailed on any of the bigger ships, so have no means to compare - we are trying Freedom next Thanksgiving. Overall, nice ship, small and cozy, and great crew. In our two cruises on Grandeur, we have met some of the nicest people. I would agree with PP - if you are within driving distance of the port, then it really is a great option for a vacation. If you want more bells and whistles, then you might not enjoy the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by RSLeesburg

Cruise #10 on Grandeur coming up this year. Been on other ships but Grandeur is our favorite. We cruise to relax and don't need all the bells and whistles but there is still plenty for us to do if we want. The centrum is beautiful and many activities take place there. Enjoy the dining room and have been satisfied with the food but we don't dine at 5 star restaurants and expect that on a cruise. Port of Baltimore is easiest port we've ever sailed from.