Driver from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to Newark Airport Amtrak Station

LewesBeach

I have just spent 2 hours doing "searches" & gave up. We are arriving by rail into the Newark Intl Airport Amtrak station, then flying from EWR to Copenhagen to do a Trans Atlantic back into New York, Brooklyn Cruise terminal. I would like to book a private car service from the terminal back to the train station. However, according to their website, the Newark Airport Amtrak station is not accessible by car - only monorail. Has anyone actually done this? And if so, can you recommend a private car service? And where do they drop you off? I have done online searches but very few show one-way quotes, and if they do - they want an airline name. I just need to get from ship to train. I know I could take Princess transfers if I had to, or a taxi (expensive due to tolls and crossing state lines). But if I'm going to spend $100 for a taxi, I'd rather book a private car service in advance and avoid the hassle of negotiating fares. Can anyone who has actually done this help me? Thank you!

Do you plan to take a train back to your origin? It would be much easier (and cheaper) to go from the Brooklyn cruise port to New York Penn station.

I imagine that most trains you would get on at the EWR train station will originate in New York,

(If not, it would be simple enough to take a local train from NYP and transfer at the EWR train station.

Aloha,

John

I have just spent 2 hours doing "searches" & gave up. We are arriving by rail into the Newark Intl Airport Amtrak station, then flying from EWR to Copenhagen to do a Trans Atlantic back into New York, Brooklyn Cruise terminal. I would like to book a private car service from the terminal back to the train station. However, according to their website, the Newark Airport Amtrak station is not accessible by car - only monorail. Has anyone actually done this? And if so, can you recommend a private car service? And where do they drop you off? I have done online searches but very few show one-way quotes, and if they do - they want an airline name. I just need to get from ship to train. I know I could take Princess transfers if I had to, or a taxi (expensive due to tolls and crossing state lines). But if I'm going to spend $100 for a taxi, I'd rather book a private car service in advance and avoid the hassle of negotiating fares. Can anyone who has actually done this help me? Thank you!

The Amtrak fare from Delaware to Newark Airport station looks to be about the same as the fare from Delaware to New York Penn Station, so what I would suggest is that you take a NYC cab from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to New York Penn Station. A New York taxi will be much cheaper than any car service to New Jersey (probably in the $30-40 range) and you would have the advantage of boarding the train in NYC where your seat selection options would be much better.

If you feel you must go to NJ, you want to go to Newark Penn Station, not Newark Airport Station. There is no reason to go through the airport and schlep your luggage on the AirTrain. There is no public vehicle access to this station.

Thanks for the replies. I was trying to buy a round trip ticket from Wilmington to Newark and back. But maybe the way to go is buy a 1 way Wilm to Newark to the ship, then 1 way home, NY Penn Station back to Wilm. Thx again for the help.

since you are flying from EWR, take amtrak there...when you return, book your ticket from NewYork Penn station back to Wilmington.

yes you will take the monoraiil to the terminal..it is easy,even hauling luggage...and there should be uniformed people directing you....

Sent from my iPad