Buying OnBoard Credit as a Gift

Certainly someone has done this before- i just can't find anything in a search. My niece is coming on the Serenade in March with me and my daughter. She is in our room and so under my reservation number. Her birthday is next month and i wanted to buy her some onboard credit that would go on her folio-she will be setting up her own account when we board. Do i need to call C & A to do that? I don't see anywhere to take care of it online- just the Gifts and Gear.

try to avoid calling when i can:p

There is a site where you can purchase them but then you must redeem them prior to sailing.

It is easier to just call RCL and have the reservation number ready and they can take care of it for you

800-722-5443

Edited by molly361

Certainly someone has done this before- i just can't find anything in a search. My niece is coming on the Serenade in March with me and my daughter. She is in our room and so under my reservation number. Her birthday is next month and i wanted to buy her some onboard credit that would go on her folio-she will be setting up her own account when we board. Do i need to call C & A to do that? I don't see anywhere to take care of it online- just the Gifts and Gear.

try to avoid calling when i can:p

You will have to call to pre purchase OBC. There is no other way of doing it. I would not get the gift certificates and just purchase OBC through Gifts and Gear by the # molly provided above.